Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes

Superuser Contribution What is this feature in playlists and how do I delete it?

I’ve searched for an hour and can’t figure out what this “new and improved” feature is that, as usual, I don’t need or want. Top of the playlist there is a mini cover art that gives me 8 seconds or so of some of the songs in the playlist…. What is th...

black11escape_0-1715178793046.jpeg
  • Regular
  • I’ve searched for an hour and can’t figure out what this “new and improved” feature is that, as usual, I don’t need or want. Top of the playlist there is a mini cover art that gives me 8 seconds or s...
  • black11escape
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

iOS crashing on startup, midway through first song

Currently using iOS v8.9.38.455. The app crashes midway through the first song upon startup. Restarting the app then replays the "crashed" song from the beginning. The behavior occurs maybe 70% of the time, and occurs on my favorite (and largest) pla...

• Currently using iOS v8.9.38.455. The app crashes midway through the first song upon startup. Restarting the app then replays the "crashed" song from the beginning. The behavior occurs maybe 70% of ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Most of my liked songs aren't showing on my app

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.4 My Question or IssueOnly 300 of my liked songs show up on my iOS spotify app. I added all my liked songs to a playlist so the number could be shown since on the desktop app there...

20210317_183415000_iOS.png Screenshot 2021-03-17 133227.png 20210317_183125000_iOS.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States   Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.4   My Question or Issue Only 300 of my liked songs show up on my iOS spotify app. I added all my li...
  • tim4rd
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • ios app
    liked songs
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I quickly see which songs are liked within a playlist?

(app) When scrolling through a playlist, you could see if it contained any of your liked songs. However, now you have to tap the three dots on each track to check whether it's liked because they removed the heart. Is there any other way to view this ...

• (app) When scrolling through a playlist, you could see if it contained any of your liked songs. However, now you have to tap the three dots on each track to check whether it's liked because they remo...
  • bb264
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

No back button in queue view

If you open current queue on iOS, there’s no button to allow going back to previous screen. You’ll just get stuck in the queue page

• Visitor
  • If you open current queue on iOS, there’s no button to allow going back to previous screen. You’ll just get stuck in the queue page
  • jeannette9728miller
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution finding podcasts on spotify kids

I am not able to get to podcasts from my kids spotify account on the spotify kids app on ipad. As an example one of my kids is setup with age 6-12 and I am not able to find the national geographic greeking out podcast on that app

• Visitor
  • I am not able to get to podcasts from my kids spotify account on the spotify kids app on ipad. As an example one of my kids is setup with age 6-12 and I am not able to find the national geographic gr...
  • DanielRM1
  • Visitor
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution My Apple TV isn't seen from the same Wi-Fi in Spotify Connect

It used to work, and then some weeks ago, it suddenly stopped working.I've tried reinstalling Spotify everywhere, rebooting the apple TV (which is on the latest firmware), the router.From my laptop, I can ping the Apple TV IP, and traceroute says it'...

• Regular
  • It used to work, and then some weeks ago, it suddenly stopped working. I've tried reinstalling Spotify everywhere, rebooting the apple TV (which is on the latest firmware), the router. From my lapt...
  • kcates94
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Marked as Played Podcasts Replaying

PlanPremiumCountryJapanDeviceiPhone 8/iPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 16.6My Question or IssueEven though I have listed to episodes of a podcast, once an episode is over often I have podcast episodes I’ve already listened to & are marked as played start...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Japan Device iPhone 8/iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 16.6 My Question or Issue Even though I have listed to episodes of a podcast, once an episode is over often I have p...
  • Iron_883
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

How do I turn off the announcer/announcement of "resuming playlist XXX"?

All of a sudden when I open Spotify, whether on my phone or on desktop, a female voice announces what playlist is resuming playing. It's annoying and not necessary. How can I turn this off?

• Casual Listener
  • All of a sudden when I open Spotify, whether on my phone or on desktop, a female voice announces what playlist is resuming playing. It's annoying and not necessary. How can I turn this off?
  • PleaseMakeThisBetter
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify sort your music- Trouble saving tracks to the playlist

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I'm trying to sort a playlist so it gradually gets more energetic, and followed the advised ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   ...
  • Rykms
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes

How to turn off songs marked as new release in playlists?

PlanPremium CountryAustralia DeviceiPhone 14 ProOperating SystemiOS 17.4.1 My Question or IssueA new feature has just appeared for me where songs in some playlists are marked as ‘New Release’. This is a good idea in theory however with the songs that...

• Plan Premium  Country Australia  Device iPhone 14 Pro Operating System iOS 17.4.1   My Question or Issue A new feature has just appeared for me where songs in some playlists ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Podcast] randomly jumps to the next episode while in the middle of a podcast

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 10 I will be in the middle of an episode of a podcast and suddenly the beginning of the next episode will play and I have to return to the previous episode

•   Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 10   I will be in the middle of an episode of a podcast and suddenly the beginning of the next episode will play...
  • shaleymoon
  • Casual Listener
  • 69 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 69 replies
  • 16 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution iOS 16 Spotify widget not loading (black)

I have added the Spotify widget to my Home Screen and it was perfect for a few days but then it went black and never loaded. I have rebooted my phone, logged out and in as well as reinstalling the app. Nothing works. I hope this can get fixed. Thanks...

96FF8BD7-DD3F-4904-A1E8-17094408F190.jpeg
  • Casual Listener
  • I have added the Spotify widget to my Home Screen and it was perfect for a few days but then it went black and never loaded. I have rebooted my phone, logged out and in as well as reinstalling the ap...
  • Kubo771
  • Casual Listener
  • 42 replies
  • 2 likes
  • iOS
    iOS 16
    iphone
    Widget
  • 42 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple Watch Downloads Disappear

I am a Spotify Premium customer. Downloading music to my Apple Watch for offline playback works fine, and playback also works fine. However, on occasion (once or twice per week), the downloaded music will just disappear from my watch, whether I have ...

• I am a Spotify Premium customer. Downloading music to my Apple Watch for offline playback works fine, and playback also works fine. However, on occasion (once or twice per week), the downloaded mus...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hardware buttons not working with iOS 17.5

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone 14, iPad Air 2Operating SystemiPhone with 17.5 RC (not working)iPad Air 2 with iOS 17.4.1 (working)My Question or IssueThe Hardware Buttons on my iPhone 14 with the iOS Release Candidate 17.5 are not working.My i...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone 14, iPad Air 2 Operating System iPhone with 17.5 RC (not working) iPad Air 2 with iOS 17.4.1 (working) My Question or Issue The Hardware Buttons o...
  • Andreasde
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple CarPlay - Audio Playback Stopping

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DeviceIPhone 12Operating System17.3.1 My Question or IssueRecent bug seems to have appeared when playing audio on Spotify via apple car play. Audio will randomly pause and the user will be unable to resume/play the audio. ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia  Device IPhone 12 Operating System 17.3.1   My Question or Issue Recent bug seems to have appeared when playing audio on Spotify via apple car play....
  • Eni
  • 41 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 41 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle mode turns off by itself when playing another song

I would play a song, then turn on shuffle mode. Skipping a song/songs doesn't cancel shuffle mode, but manually picking another song does. PlanPremium Device(iPhone XR)

• Casual Listener
  •  I would play a song, then turn on shuffle mode. Skipping a song/songs doesn't cancel shuffle mode, but manually picking another song does.   Plan Premium   Device (iPhone XR) &...
  • Dmkieft
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Some Local files downloading but graying out everytime opening app? IPhone

Every time I open the app it'll start to download only the local files on my downloaded liked songs playlist. At first some songs even work and I can play them just fine only for them to grey out mid listen, yet they'll still be playing unless I clic...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I open the app it'll start to download only the local files on my downloaded liked songs playlist. At first some songs even work and I can play them just fine only for them to grey out mid...
  • AlejaR
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution bug when playing audiobooks

PlanPremiumCountryUkDeviceiPad/iPhone/Amazon echoOperating SystemIos My Question or IssueTrying to play a kids audio book again. It appears that when a chapter (eg chapter 3) ends and it moves onto the next chapter (eg chapter 4), a few seconds of th...

• Plan Premium Country Uk Device iPad/iPhone/Amazon echo Operating System Ios   My Question or Issue Trying to play a kids audio book again. It appears that when a chapter (eg chapter 3)...
  • princessfab
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes