Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song Progress bar and timer not working when using Spotify Connect

Solved!

Song Progress bar and timer not working when using Spotify Connect

The song progress bar and timer has stopped working on my phone (Huawei P30 pro) when streaming from the phone to other devices. Previously it kept working even when using Spotify Connect to stream to a Bluesound Node 2i or Sky Q Box.

Then when I resume playing songs directly from my phone the progress bar and timer will start working again. 

I tried logging out from all devices and reinstalling the app but it hasn't made any difference. 

Grateful for any advice. 

Thanks 

Plan

Premium

Country

N Ireland

Device

P30 pro

Operating System

Android Version 10

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

We’re aware of an Ongoing Issue causing the behavior that you describe and the team in charge is currently looking into it.

In this case, we’d recommend adding your +VOTE to this Ongoing Issue. You can also subscribe to it by clicking the three-dot menu next to the title and we’ll keep you updated with any relevant updates there.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi folks,

Thank you for posting on this thread. 

Whenever the app is presenting any issue, the best step to take is running a clean reinstall. This one is more thorough than a regular one and will make sure to remove any old file. 

If this doesn't do the trick, please let us know if this happens when you connect to a specific device, or if it happens regardless of the device you connect to.

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

I am having the same problem with PlayStation 5 and Huawei Mate 10 Pro
Marked as solution

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

We’re aware of an Ongoing Issue causing the behavior that you describe and the team in charge is currently looking into it.

In this case, we’d recommend adding your +VOTE to this Ongoing Issue. You can also subscribe to it by clicking the three-dot menu next to the title and we’ll keep you updated with any relevant updates there.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Help, my song progress slider bar stop working after update, it cannot control another device it once was able to do.

Slider(circled red) will remain 0.00 while song is playing from another connected device. Touching the slider will only start song from the beginning, can't fast forward nor backwards. pls help            

spotify.jpg

I have the same issue. Spotify is playing on my phone, and I'm trying to control the song while sitting at my computer through the PC app, but I see 0:00 and 0:00 at each end of the song progress bar, and if I touch it, it goes back to 0:00. I have to move song progress through my phone. It wasn't like that only a week ago.

Marked as solution

Hi folks,

Thank you for posting on this thread. 

Whenever the app is presenting any issue, the best step to take is running a clean reinstall. This one is more thorough than a regular one and will make sure to remove any old file. 

If this doesn't do the trick, please let us know if this happens when you connect to a specific device, or if it happens regardless of the device you connect to.

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator

I have the same issue, but it's on the web browser of Spotify so how would I would fix it because I can't do a clean reinstall

Same issue as well on web player.

im having the same issue, i hope it gets fixed

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies and reports.

We'd recommend starting off by giving this a try in a different browser. For example, if you normally use Google Chrome, try with Microsoft Edge to test if the issue persists.

In case it does, it might be a good idea to turn off your VPN if you're using one. 

Let us know how it goes. 

LyubkaModerator

Same. Did a re-isntall on my Android device and that didn't fix it. 😞

And just like that, it fixed itself about a week later. Weird. No updates as far as I can tell.

Suggested posts