Spotify Connect Sets Volume to Max

Solved!

Re: Spotify Connect Sets Volume to Max

Andreterhaar
Casual Listener
I have the same problem with my Yamaha RN-500. So i think it's a problem in spotify connect. I almost destroit my speakers.
I'll have to say that i have this problem no almost 2 months. Before that it worked perfectly.

MrSouth
Casual Listener

Have the same problem with Yamaha RN-500 with latest firmware. (on connect it blasts volume to max although volume on Yamaha is set to 0 or mute).

I've re-installed and see no improvement. Sincerely i'm not very happy to test this as i have quite expensive equipment and not willing to disconnect my speakers. Question will go also to Yamaha. why one would allow volume override without proper testing.

dflachbart
Music Fan

It would be great if someone from Spotify could acknowledge here that they consider this an issue that needs to be fixed. I don't mind waiting for a fix (even if it takes longer), as long as I know that it will eventually be done...

Dirk

Jack_H
Spotify
Spotify
Hey everyone!

Sorry I haven't replied recently. This is something we're working on at the moment.

Sorry again for the delay, I'll let you know as soon as I've got more news

dflachbart
Music Fan

Awesome, that's great to know!

Thanks Jack!

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

Hey folks, this should be sorted in our latest update (iOS 1.6.0). 

If you continue to have any trouble after using that latest version please let us know. Thanks for your patience while we investigated this for you!

dflachbart
Music Fan

Haven't got a chance to use the updated version a lot yet, but the few times I tried the issue did not reappear, so far so good!! Too early to tell, but if it remains that way then kudos, thank you so much!!

Dirk

jeremygoh
Community Legend
and the best darn thing is that you can even control the volume of the other device using Spotify Connect now.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Andreterhaar
Casual Listener
Thanks, it worked perfectly. I'am very happy with this update.

dflachbart
Music Fan

>> and the best darn thing is that you can even control the volume of the other device using Spotify Connect now.

Well, that's what was really causing this problem in the first place... I understand that many will see this a great feature, but I feel a little different about it. Even now with the fix, it's just too darn easy to accidently swipe your thumb across to max receiver output and possibly damage your equipment (not even speaking of scaring dog, wife, etc.). I'd really like to see a setting to completely disable the volume sync to the other device, just to have an ease of mind that something like this can never happen.

SUGGESTED POSTS