Spotify Connect Sets Volume to Max

Solved!

Re: Spotify Connect Sets Volume to Max

dflachbart
Music Fan

I reinstalled the Spotify app on my iPhone, but it did not make any difference. It actually happens quite frequently, and the worst part is that often when I hit the connect button the current track actually starts playing (with max volume), even if the track was paused before. Here's what I now always do to avoid being blasted:

• MUTE my receiver
  • in the app go to the Connect page and connect to my receiver (which often starts playing the current track at max volume)
  • go back to Now Playing and pause the track (if I would just lower the volume while playing it would unmute my receiver and I would still get blasted)
  • go back to Connect page and lower the volume
  • go back to Now Playing and resume the track
  • UNMUTE my receiver

This is the only 'safe' way for me to operate the Spotify app - thats just nuts!! Does official Spotify support monitor these forums, or do I have to open a separate support request?

Thanks,

Dirk

jeremygoh
Community Legend
Seems like a fairly technical issue, and anyone (incl me, will get irritated AND LITERALLY JUMP DUE TO THE FULL VOLUME if this happens all the time)

I'll escalate this to the right people to make sure it gets seen.

@dflachbart
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

dflachbart
Music Fan

Thank you very much Jeremy, I really appreciate it!!

Dirk

mennovandoorn
Casual Listener
Hi Dirk,

I have the same problems. first with the combination of IPd mini and spotify to BeoplayS9 of B&O. Today I had the same problem with my !acbook Pro and Itunes with Airplay. My conclusion is that it is not spotify problem. That doesnt mak it any better, what is the use of spotify when these things happen? I will go back to the store tomorrow and say this technology isnt mature yet, please take my B&O back.

dflachbart
Music Fan

Hi,

why wouldn't it be a Spotify problem? It's the Spotify connect code that somehow submits a command to my receiver to set the volume to max. Now, maybe it turns out to be a flaw on the receiver side that spotify doesn't have any control over (very unlikely though, since it seems to happen on at least two totally unrelated receiver hardware). But even then Spotify connect could provide an option to disable the volume sync completely (my Yamaha has this option for AirPlay) - I wouldn't mind missing the volume change functionality (which I don't use anyways) if this would allow me to use the spotify app without having to worry each time...

Dirk

Jack_H
Spotify
Spotify
Hey everyone!

Sorry to hear about this.
It sounds like you're all on iOS devices.

Just to clarify, could you confirm the version of Spotify you have installed?

dflachbart
Music Fan

Hi Jack!

my Spotify version is 1.5.0.2728, using an iPhone 4S on iOS 7.1.2

Thanks!

Dirk

Xorlon
Casual Listener

For my part it's on iOS yes, and only when using spotify connect, this issue never happens with airplay. (Not that I've noticed anyway).

Installed spotify version is 1.5.0.2728

zeegeek
Regular

Hi Jack,

Thanks for looking into this.

My Spotify version is 1.5.0.2728 on iPad Mini iOS 7.1.1.

mennovandoorn
Casual Listener
I think it is not spotify, because I had the same problem with iTunes on my MacBook. It's either airplay or Ios.
SUGGESTED POSTS