Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't sync songs to offline mode

Solved!

Spotify won't sync songs to offline mode

Hi! I'm using Spotify 0.7.4.35, on my iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.3. In online mode Spotify works ok, but I can't download playlists to offline mode. I switch on "available offline" on a playlist, but the songs won't sync (sometimes the first song gets marked with an orange exclamation mark and that's it). I use Spotify on 4 platforms, but not at once, and I just have offline playlist on two of them (one now that it doesn't work on my iPhone). This is very annoying since I usually use Spotify when I have no internet connection. Anyone having the same problems? Thankful for help.
401 Replies

i don't see where to delete my cache...are you talking about the desktop
version?

Mobile app

Looking at Spotify on iPad, not seeing where to delete cache

After further investigation, I determined that Spotify IS downloading songs offline.  I just did not understand how to read the icons. 

@Wmrobertdavis wrote:
I've been testing Apple Music and Spotify across my apple environment (iphone 6, ipad, mac). It seems there are too many little niggling problems with Spotify, whereas Apple Music "just works". Apple has a much more attractive family plan, so I will give my money to Apple.

The offline song won't download although I have more than 1G in phone. And even log off and in wont help. Been like this for 4 weeks.

YO!

You need to turn off your firewall then it will start to sync! Turn it back on again if you're finish.

You're welcome.

Who is this? A time traveller?

I recently did a factory reset on my phone, and started having this "lack of memory" issue. Before the reset, my entire playlist (2456 songs) downloaded with no problem. Now when i try to download it again it gets to about 200 songs and stops, giving me the lack of memory message. Its the only playlist i had downloaded as well. I feel like it has something to do with the 3,333 limit, like its thinking the previous download of the playlist is still there.

Would clearing my cache inside the app fix this?

Thanks

Actually it gets to 30% and then gives me the message. 30% of 2456 is 800 songs. 2456 + 800 = 3256....im almost entirely positive it has to do with the 3,333 song limit because thats pretty darn close.  Edit: tried deleting cache via my phones app settings and through the app itself. Neither one worked. I unmounted my sd to see if that works (less than 1gb free ony card but 5gb free on my phone).

Also, the app tells me its at 16% complete as soon as i start downloading. But my notifications track the progress correctly.

Wtf is wrong with this app lol

Try turning off your Wi-Fi on whatever device you are using. Worked for me!

Hi I'm connected to the internet and still have over 15 gigs of space available but its not allowing me to add more music to my offline mode can someone help?

I am a paying customer now and I'm unable to get Spotify to play any music I keep getting a msg saying I'm off line when your advertisement says I should be able to play music off line. So it looks like I will be cancelling my subscription, thanks for your false advertisement .

Looks like I'm not the only person unsatified with Spotify I guess it time to share with Facebook of your lie and failure to deliver on your promise

Hello, I have been using spotify offline on my phone for years but now for some reason none of my playlists are there, I have 2.6 gig of free space on my phone, tried re installing the app and spotify on my desktop with no results. 

Any ideas on how to fix this? Music really helps my day when I'm at work.

Not songs can be saved, is it because territory restriction?
Marked as solution

It's a tagging issue Spotify doesn't recognize the tag on your computer mark for download on your computer then tell your device to download the ones that have bad tags will take forever to download as Spotify is trying to resolve the tag issue when they finally do download the tag won't match up but you can add it to your music. After you have it saved with the Spotify tag you will have 2 copies one with the bad tag that won't play and one with a good tag. Delet the one with the bad tag and use the one with the good. Your computer will maintain the one with the bad tag so if you remove the song from your device that you will have to go through this process again.
Marked as solution

You can tell which one has the bad tag because after the point you have one with a resolved tag that shows the green check mark and one that either shows downloading (because the tags are different it thinks it's a new song) that will either show the ready for download arrow or the plus sign is grayed out

It averages about 5 min per per song to resolve the raging issue after its saved as a local file so if you are doing a bunch of songs I would recommend saving the playlist before you go to bed and saving them in the morning that's what I did with my t swift that I was having a ton of issues with and btw the format that works is MP3. Wmas and what not wont work period.

Keep in mind making the playlist available offline just makes it avaliable to add on your device you still have to tell your voice that you want it available offline once you have added it via computer you need to go to your device and click the available offline in the playlist on your device

I'm having this issue on my iPod. New playlists won't sync to offline. Same playlists sync just fine on my phone when I try. iPod has more space than my phone, so it's not a space issue. Nothing I've tried from this thread is working and I'm getting very frustrated. I've used Spotify for almost 7 years and I've been Premium for many years. This is not what I'm paying for!

Suggested posts