Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't sync songs to offline mode

Solved!

Spotify won't sync songs to offline mode

Hi! I'm using Spotify 0.7.4.35, on my iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.3. In online mode Spotify works ok, but I can't download playlists to offline mode. I switch on "available offline" on a playlist, but the songs won't sync (sometimes the first song gets marked with an orange exclamation mark and that's it). I use Spotify on 4 platforms, but not at once, and I just have offline playlist on two of them (one now that it doesn't work on my iPhone). This is very annoying since I usually use Spotify when I have no internet connection. Anyone having the same problems? Thankful for help.
401 Replies

Ofline mode has been broken for a few weeks now. No reply from Spotify (these randos who just want badges don't count) and no upgraded app.

Spotify has a history (I've been in this abusive relatiionship on and off for a while now) on not giving a sh!t about their customers. I was on Rdio, but sadly that went away. The only way they will listen is if you vote with your wallet.

I suggest you ask for a credit for the time the app hasn't been working. if they won't do that, then refute the charges with your bank/credit card company. We pay for a service, if we don't get that service we're entitled to our money back.

Granted, most of you won't do this, but if even .5% of you did, then perhaps Spotfiy would change. Otherwise, they have no incentive to.

Help!!!!! I can't download my playlist it says i reached number of device. I have done the following: 1 removed all devices from my spotify account on my desktop, i re-installed the app on my iphone, i only have is 230 songs. Please what else should i do. It keeps giving me the same message. Most importantly i have 2.6 GM
Marked as solution

mine says "offline access for this computer has been withdrawn" but when I go to "offline devices" in my account it says I don't have any...frustrating.

I had noticed that one of my playlists wasn't syncing fully - so I decided to uncheck and then recheck the "available offline" button immediately. Bad idea.. Looks like it unsynced all my music instantaneously? I am in a different country with slower internet speeds and am not sure if it is going to sync back (due to geography and/or bandwidth limitation). Any thoughts or ideas to get back lost songs? Would be a waste to have premium in this scenario for the next few weeks. How can Spotify be contacted?

I have the same issue i have 11.1 GB left and can't get songs to play offline which s what I am paying extra for! Also when i airplay it has Ads??? please help

@Hiklaq wrote:
I'm having the same problem, but I have about 40g of space on my phone. The gray arrow doesn't go away or change into any other icon, and I don't see that any data is moving.

It still wont sync for me, my computer is ethernet over the same network, does that make a difference? All i know  is that the songs from my computers local files which i added to a play list to add over to my ipad arent downloading. Please help

Can't use offline mode. Won't allow me to play my playlist. It keeps saying addd premium when I already did so.. frustrated

I paid for this premium and it's not working

How can i get my to play off line have enough storage a new phone

Do any body have a number that i can call and talk to a live person

I have version 4.8.0.1085 on my ipod, with plenty of space left, and it somehow stopped syncing albums. I doubt ive reached the limit, as ive deleted 30+ songs and still couldnt sync one song even. It wont play already saved songs and albums if i open or reopen the app while wifi is off. But if i turn wifi on, and start playing an album i have saved from before, that will work. But not if i close and reopen it, which sucks bigtime, cause theres no 3g/4g on ipods. The ipod was bought last year. New. I bought it specifically with Spotify in mind, and when it doesnt work i feel like i may have wasted a whole bunch of money. Or atleast not getting all the benefit from it that i wanted.

Spotify uses too much battery i think. Its on 32% and i wish it would be lighter on the batterylife.
Also, why stop at 3333 songs available for offline mode? I have more than enough space.
But most of all: fix your app! If you dont fix it, someone else will find a solution, and may very well be another company.

Dont rest on your laurels.

Fix it.

I press the save album button, then the available offline button, and nothing happens. Says "waiting to download", eventhough theres no other active downloads. Nothings downloading. I think this may have been caused by me as i once set a whole lot to download and shut off the wifi to save battery, as i was going to sleep and wanted to have some battery left in the morning.
It seems after that it has been buggy, as in not working.
Also, to clarify what i wrote above. If im going out i can turn wifi on and start an album, then turn wifi off and have that saved album still play.
Ive tried to turn the ipod on and off but it doesnt work.
I really wish for a solution to this as having spotify is just not as good without a good offline mode.
Also, if i open spotify with wifi off, even if it opens on an artist or an album i was playing earlier, it says "You dont have anything saved by this artist", eventhough i have 😕

Also, finally, could you have the small green icon identifying that you have music from an artist be static whenever youre browsing your music? Like, the standard green circle if you have everything downloaded from an album or artist, and another different icon in a different colour if you havent downloaded absolutely everything of an artist or album? Thatd be great.

How are you supposed to re sync offline content without costing data again. It cost me over 150 nz dollars to download. Please re sync my content.

Spotify offline mode doesn't work on my windows 7 pc

I have win 10

I got my ipod working again. I uninstalled and reinstalled spotify, ofcourse then deleting all saved playlists and album. I noticed that i had about 20gb worth of spotify content, or music, and i had heard from a guy, just yesterday, something about spotify having a limit to how many gigabytes or how much space it can take up. That is just plain stupid. Why in hell did i then buy a 128gb ipod with the specific use of spotify in mind??

Hint: Spotify... Change two basic things:

1: DONT have a storage capacity limit
&
2: DONT have a 3,333 downloaded song limit.

If its supposed to work offline it should work offline.

I have an IPOD. It has NO 3G/4G. It uses ONLY WIFI.

So, PLEASE UPDATE YOUR APP AND MAKE YOUR SERVICE MORE KICK ASS.
Because its a nice idea, really nice, though it just doesnt work right all of the time.

Oh, PS:
3: HAVE A COUNTER WHERE YOU CAN MONITER THE AMOUNT OF SONGS YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED OUT OF THE TOTAL (which should definitely be increased) I just think that would look good in caps.

4: And if you REALLY CARE about your business, have played songs sync to the times played shen reconnected to wifi or3g/4g. Doesnt hurt anyone, just helps the artist, hopefully.

Also, in-app help would be helpful. A little more than the tiny bits of info i get in the forum pages. I can read a little more than that! Keep it compact, by all means, but relevance is so important. And in-app help would have to work offline also, as ive mentioned, ipod. Plus it would help if you hired more people to do your "dirty work" to help out in the forums. I would love to have my ipod FILLED with music i love and contributing to their plays-stats, cause who doesnt like it when you love em for a good reason? Dont steal that, thats assholish.

Dear Support & Commulity,

I have same problem with offline sync. I use this on 3 deivices without problem 2 years ago. - 1 Android, 1 Windows, 1 Linux (Ubuntu)

The problems started when I added a 4th device to offline list, and the new droped out the latest (my Windows client). I have met whit this case, so I got the standard "offline access for this computer has been withdrawn" message, after thar I turned off, then on sync of all lists, what I synced before.

However this was not fixed my problem, the progressbar and percentage was not shown at top left, and the recycle icon is not spinning. (I have been atached a screenshot).

In other hand,

• this machine is a Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit , with the latest updates
  • I have enough free space (36, 13, 93 GB on my 3pcs HDD)
  • this machine is not sleeping
  • this playlist is the only one, which I want to sync in first hand (it contains only 3 tracks).
  • I have re-synced my linux offline cache, and this was worked, however the Windows instance could not after relogin, after reinstall

What can I do for I can fix this issue?

Thank you for your help!

Best,
Andras Tim

screenshot.png

Suggested posts