Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Local files will not sync to iphone

Hello! OS/X, iPhone 5, Spotify Premium; everthing has been freshly updated, Spotify has been reinstalled multiple times on both devices, same results. Local files will not sync to the iPhone from OS/X over wifi or over usb. Multiple wifi networks tes...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   OS/X, iPhone 5, Spotify Premium; everthing has been freshly updated, Spotify has been reinstalled multiple times on both devices, same results.   Local files will not sync to t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Ads on Premium?!

Why?! I got this today for the first. Two ads back to back. This is not what I signed up for. Anyone else seen these? I will check on my laptop tomorrow to see if it is isolated to iOS only.

• Casual Listener
  • Why?! I got this today for the first. Two ads back to back. This is not what I signed up for. Anyone else seen these? I will check on my laptop tomorrow to see if it is isolated to iOS only. 
  • Jpena53
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New iPhone. Will my offline files roam to the new device?

I had some offline songs and my iPhone died. I got another one and was wondering if these files will roam back down to the new phone of if I have to go and find all the songs again and make available offline?. I didn't have any playlists. Thanks,

• I had some offline songs and my iPhone died. I got another one and was wondering if these files will roam back down to the new phone of if I have to go and find all the songs again and make available...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

2 iphones and want spotify on both

I just received a new work cell. Both the new phone and my personal phone are iphone 6's. I have a Premium account. I downloaded the app on the new phone and went to sign in. I received the message: Login Failed. You've already created an account wit...

• I just received a new work cell.  Both the new phone and my personal phone are iphone 6's.  I have a Premium account.  I downloaded the app on the new phone and went to sign in.&n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Save" and "Remove" on iOS playlists have stopped working.

On both my iPad and iPod, you can save (+) or remove (-) a song from "Your Music" while using a playlist. But now it doesn't work. (I reinstalled both iOS Spotify apps) It still registers the change but if you look up the song under artist you will s...

• Casual Listener
  •   On both my iPad and iPod, you can save (+) or remove (-) a song from "Your Music" while using a playlist. But now it doesn't work. (I reinstalled both iOS Spotify apps) It still registers the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

So, trying to use Spotify connect on my iPhone and the 'Connect' button isn't there anymore??

I used to love connecting Spotify to my Amazon fire stick, and my laptop but now the Connect button which used to be next to the play/pause button isn't there anymore. Unsure why as it still shows up on my laptop?

• I used to love connecting Spotify to my Amazon fire stick, and my laptop but now the Connect button which used to be next to the play/pause button isn't there anymore. Unsure why as it still shows up...
  • patoloco
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on iPod 4th gen - car connectivity problem

Hi, apologies if this is in the wrong place: (The low down) iPod 4th Gen - iOS (6.1.6) When connecting via USB to 2013 Vauxhall Astra, the head unit displays song track / artist / how long the song has been playing for etc. Problem: I am unable to ch...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, apologies if this is in the wrong place:   (The low down)   iPod 4th Gen - iOS (6.1.6)    When connecting via USB to 2013 Vauxhall Astra, the head unit displays song tra...
  • leiah8853
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

app won't start with iphone 4 after the newest update

There was an update yesterday 08/10 on my spotify, but now the app won't start.When I try to do it it crashes, please fix this spotify! Or if anyone could help me I apreciate itthanks

• There was an update yesterday 08/10 on my spotify, but now the app won't start.When I try to do it it crashes, please fix this spotify!  Or if anyone could help me I apreciate it thanks
  • MRuppert
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Not able to sync offline tracks on my ipod touch

Hi.... I used to be able to sync tracks to my ipod touch using the offline function quite easily but a few months ago the view on my spotify completely changed and now i just dont have a clue how to do it!It used to show my ipod on the menu when it w...

• Hi.... I used to be able to sync tracks to my ipod touch using the offline function quite easily but a few months ago the view on my spotify completely changed and now i just dont have a clue how to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Download album or songs to iPhone

Hi everyone, this is my first post so applogise if Ive posted in the wrong section. My question is: I would be wanting to download certain albums, songs, playlists to my iPhone so that I can listen to these when I'm out and about and also to avoid us...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone, this is my first post so applogise if Ive posted in the wrong section.   My question is:   I would be wanting to download certain albums, songs, playlists to my iPhone so t...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipod Classic

Hi, There probably have been tons of questions regarding this ipod. But i found one laying around and thought it might come to use. I used to have spotify premium. And i might want to purchase it again. But only if i can sync my spotify music to the ...

• Hi,   There probably have been tons of questions regarding this ipod. But i found one laying around and thought it might come to use.   I used to have spotify premium. And i might want ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Turn off shuffle BEFORE playback starts?

Wouldn't it be easy to have TWO buttons at the top of each playlist: SHUFFLE and PLAY? I know we can turn off shuffle once playback begins, but under SHUFFLE, playback doesn't always start on the first track in the playlist. A "PLAY" button would sig...

• Gig Goer
  • Wouldn't it be easy to have TWO buttons at the top of each playlist: SHUFFLE and PLAY?   I know we can turn off shuffle once playback begins, but under SHUFFLE, playback doesn't always st...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Continuing to use removed tracks that have been synced

I currently use an older iPhone 4 as an iPod of sorts to sync most of my Spotify library to, and I then keep the phone on airplane to save battery. Ever since Neil Young's catalog was removed from Spotify, I've avoided turning the wifi on on the phon...

• I currently use an older iPhone 4 as an iPod of sorts to sync most of my Spotify library to, and I then keep the phone on airplane to save battery.    Ever since Neil Young's catalog was ...
  • DasPeter
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Offline Access
    Offline listening
    Offline songs
    syncing
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Upgrade

Comprei o premium, mas não consigo fazer upgrade. Continuo apenas com """benefícios""" do spotify free.

• Casual Listener
  • Comprei o premium, mas não consigo fazer upgrade. Continuo apenas com """benefícios""" do spotify free.
  • Lunawinter
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Uso de funciones de spotify

Quisiera saber si alguien sabe para qué sirve la función de "sonidos de respuesta" que esta en preferencias / reproducción.

• Regular
  • Quisiera saber si alguien sabe para qué sirve la función de "sonidos de respuesta" que esta en preferencias / reproducción.
  • Hartard
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

"Try again"

There is a user I can only view through my desktop but when I tap her name on the app it says try again. As though she only exist on the desktop version of spotify.

• There is a user I can only view through my desktop but when I tap her name on the app it says try again. As though she only exist on the desktop version of spotify.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes