Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

I can log in on my computer but not on my phone.....?????!!!!

Hello I started my spotify account in australia an i had premium, now i'm back in The Netherlands but i wanted to save money by putting my account back to free.But now my account shut down on my phone cause i can only use it for 14 days in a differen...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   I started my spotify account in australia an i had premium, now i'm back in The Netherlands but i wanted to save money by putting my account back to free. But now my account shut down...
  • skiljetecken
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot control Spotify Connect from iOS 10 control center

The music Spotify is playing via Spotify Connect is not visible in the new iOS 10 music control center. This makes it necessary to unlock the phone and start the app every time to (for example) change volume or skip a track. Please advise how to avoi...

• The music Spotify is playing via Spotify Connect is not visible in the new iOS 10 music control center. This makes it necessary to unlock the phone and start the app every time to (for example) ...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Data consumption

I have dowloaded almost all of my playlists and still spotify is consuming 8gb per week. How can this happen? Is there a solution?

• Casual Listener
  • I have dowloaded almost all of my playlists and still spotify is consuming 8gb per week. How can this happen? Is there a solution?
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files not syncing

Not sure what's going on, trying to sync local files. Devices are on the same network but it's just not happening. IOS 10, latest version of spotify PC: Windows 10, latest version. Local files work on PC but on mobile it's just stuck on "downloading"

• Music Fan
  • Not sure what's going on, trying to sync local files.   Devices are on the same network but it's just not happening.   IOS 10, latest version of spotify   PC: Windows 10, latest ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problema con las letras de las canciones

Hola muy buenas, les quería preguntar por qué en las canciones no me aparecen las letras, tengo una cuenta premium y en otra cuenta no premium me aparecen las letras.Que se puede hacer?Muchas gracias.

• Hola muy buenas, les quería preguntar por qué en las canciones no me aparecen las letras, tengo una cuenta premium y en otra cuenta no premium me aparecen las letras. Que se puede hacer? Muchas gra...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Loop

How can I put a playlist on loop?

• How can I put a playlist on loop?
  • Shepw
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS Push Notifications not working.

Used to tell me when collaborative playlists I'm on or playlists I follow are updated with new songs. My settings indicate I should still be getting them. They were so useful! Attached are my notifications settings.

• Used to tell me when collaborative playlists I'm on or playlists I follow are updated with new songs. My settings indicate I should still be getting them. They were so useful! Attached are ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Radio - Can't "dislike" / thumbs down a song

When I listen to radio on my iPhone, I can "like" a song, but I can't "dislike" it. The thumbs down button is there but nothing happens when I touch it.

• Casual Listener
  • When I listen to radio on my iPhone, I can "like" a song, but I can't "dislike" it. The thumbs down button is there but nothing happens when I touch it.
  • baranozkan
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Box with question mark

As of yesterday my app displays nothing but squares with question marks in them instead of the tabsI've tried reinstalling rebooting with no avail

• Casual Listener
  • As of yesterday my app displays nothing but squares with question marks in them instead of the tabs I've tried reinstalling rebooting with no avail
  • Itsaclown
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

missing album in "recently played" - arghhhhhh

yesterday i listened to an album that was in my "top recommendations for you" section. now i want to go back and listen to it, but i cannot do so because it's not showing up in "recently played". i can't remember the name of the album, and of coruse ...

• Roadie
  • yesterday i listened to an album that was in my "top recommendations for you" section. now i want to go back and listen to it, but i cannot do so because it's not showing up in "recently played". i c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Crunchy playback from iPhone 7

So, I've noticed recently that the sound quality (even at "Extreme") is poor from my phone when compared to Apple Music. I love Spotify... it's the foundation of my whole music ecosystem. But, this is annoying me... especially when listening in my Bl...

• So, I've noticed recently that the sound quality (even at "Extreme") is poor from my phone when compared to Apple Music. I love Spotify... it's the foundation of my whole music ecosystem. But, this i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Password reset not working

Same problem as reported by a few others - was told my password was incorrect (although it wasn't I am pretty sure), sent reset link, reset, new password doesn't work. Have closed everything, restarted phone - no joy. Frustrated.

• Same problem as reported by a few others - was told my password was incorrect (although it wasn't I am pretty sure), sent reset link, reset, new password doesn't work. Have closed everything, restart...
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

tropul

why cant i get premium but its chards from my card ? 

• why cant i get premium but its chards from my card ?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can't I continu listening after a couple of hours or the next day?

When I want to continu listening to an artist a few hours later or the next day he is not able to pick up where I left of. Same with playlists, so I always have to search for what I was listening and then he shuffles again..

• When I want to continu listening to an artist a few hours later or the next day he is not able to pick up where I left of. Same with playlists, so I always have to search for what I was listening and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't sync local music Iphone ios 10

Hi allI've spent half a day trying to sync some mp3´s fom my laptop (windows 10) spotify app to my iPhone 6 (ios10) in vain.If follow every possible tutorial and got no luck so far.The tunes do show and play on the desktop app but on my phone they sh...

IMG_0003.PNG
  • Regular
  • Hi all I've spent half a day trying to sync some mp3´s fom my laptop (windows 10) spotify app to my iPhone 6 (ios10) in vain. If follow every possible tutorial and got no luck so far. The tunes do...
  • ncazer
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Local Files from Desktop not syncing to iphone

Hi everyone, I've got a few local files on my desktop that play fine in spotify there but when I try to sync them to my iphone, they don't download. I've tried connecting both devices to two different wifi networks and a mobile hotspot and still noth...

• Hi everyone, I've got a few local files on my desktop that play fine in spotify there but when I try to sync them to my iphone, they don't download. I've tried connecting both devices to two differen...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify IOS Logs into wrong Facebook Account

This seems to be a common problem but when trying to use the Spotify app my iPhone 6 keeps logging into my son Facebook account and not mine. I do not have the option to "disconnect from Facebook" option on the desktop app on the MAC. Plus now I am g...

• This seems to be a common problem but when trying to use the Spotify app my iPhone 6 keeps logging into my son Facebook account and not mine.  I do not have the option to "disconnect from Facebo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

switch accounts on iPod

Hello,I just upgraded to a family account.We have an ipod in the living with spotify connected to the stereo. How do we easily switch between accounts?I don't want to be loggin on and off every time in order to switch between accounts.Does anyone kno...

• Hello, I just upgraded to a family account. We have an ipod in the living with spotify connected to the stereo.  How do we easily switch between accounts? I don't want to be loggin on and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes