Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Other] iOS keeps crashing during song

[iOS][Other] iOS keeps crashing during song

So, Spotify keeps crashing during a listen to any song. It’s been crashing at random intervals of the song; the first few times it kept crashing at 0:45 seconds in, then 1:45 in, but the one consistent part was when I opened the app, the song always started at 0:03 seconds in, and not at the beginning.

Now, for the troubleshooting.

Yes, I have restarted the app. I have deleted all downloaded songs and redownloaded them. I have turned off and then on my phone, I have uninstalled the app completely, I signed out of the app and signed back in. I don't know what else to do. I really like Spotify.

3 Replies

Hey @Richyman

Help’s here!

In case a regular reinstall didn't do the trick for you it's a good idea to try a clean reinstall of the Spotify app. This step is way more thorough in terms of removing corrupted data from previous installations that could be causing the crash.

If the issue persists, try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions. 

Howdy @Ivan!

Apologies for the delay. I did follow the clean reinstall, followed every step of the way. I even signed out of my profile  on both Spotify AND my iPhone for safety measures. I reinstalled the app, and only downloaded one playlist to listen offline. For 7-8 days, it worked fine, but the problem came right back immediately afterwards. I do have some notes to plot down:

• One consistent problem is when I play my iPhone on speaker or with headphones, when not plugged into Apple CarPlay, it crashes on the first song EVERY SINGLE TIME. I have not been able to fully listen to a song this way. It's the same problem; 1:30-1:45 in, app crashes, I reopen the app, the song starts about 3 seconds in. I can fast forward into a song, and the same thing will happen; lets say I start a song at 2:00 in. 3:30-3:45 in, crash, reopen, it starts 2:03. When I play a song towards the end of the song, the next song will start, and it will play that new song 1:30-1:45. So, the longest I can listen to music this way is play the last minute and a half of a song and listen to the first minute and a half of the next song. This really sucks.
  • Apple CarPlay is... strange. The first time I play music from it, the first problem happens; 1:30-1:45, crash, reopen. But, after the first crash, music plays normal. I can listen to a handful of songs with no issuse. But now, it just crashes at random. I am in the middle of driving, I can't multitask, but it could be doing the same 1:30-1:45 problem.
  • In case you need specs, I have an iPhone XS Max, 64 GB. I have reset the phone to manufacturers setting to see if I can fix the problem that way, it did not. Also, I do not enable any power saving or data cleaning settings. I run the phone at it's full power.

Help me Ivan, you're my only hope. Sorry if this was really long, I wanted to go in detail about the problem. I love Spotify a lot, and I'm not ready to cancel anything with them.

Hey @Richyman,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

The troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far are very good. In this case we'd suggest you head here and contact our support team. The folks there can investigate this further and give you more information about why this is happening.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts