iPhone screen locking while playing and connected to charger

Solved!

Re: iPhone screen locking while playing and connected to charger

L84Cabo
Regular

Add me to the list.  Runing a iPhone 5s on IOS 12.2.  The display shuts off after 30 seconds, when charging.  It didn't used to do this before your last update a few days ago.  Reinstall does not resolve the issue.  Halp!

Thejuice
Casual Listener

iOS version 12.3.1

iphone model 7

spotify version 8.5.15

Tried reinstalling Spotify, did not work 

rd_travis
Casual Listener

Long time user. Glad to find this thread. Experiencing same issue. When plugged in the running app should stay on & now it goes into sleep mode

alialiali1
Regular

iPhone XS Max

iOS 12.3.1

Spotify 8.5.15

continue to have this issue since the 8.5.14 update earlier this week, and the update to 8.5.15 did not fix it

Terisandy
Visitor

I’m another one that the screen closes out when charging.  Driving me crazy - please help!  iPhone 6s Plus.   Appreciate any help!

Aer33

Why has my screen has started to go to sleep while playing/charging when it hadn't done so ever previously?

This is very dangerous because it now requires extra attention to skip songs while driving. This is very unsafe, especially in light of the fact that the app has habituated users to NOT have to wake the phone while driving to change songs. The app as it is currently working is contibuting to distracted driving and Spotify now has notice of this fact. 

Yes I have uninstalled and re-installed and even updated - it still goes to sleep even when charging and is starting to really get annoying. Running IOS 12.3.1 on an iPhone Xs.

Please fix the app before someone gets in a car accident or kills someone because your app is not working the way you have taught your users it is supposed to.

v2201
Casual Listener

I’m also having the same issue since the latest update. Reinstallstion does not resolve this issue. Hopefully Spotify has an update very soon as this does cause quite an unconvinience.

iPhone XS Max

iOS 12.3.1

spotify version: 8.5.14.816

Natedog76
Visitor

I have the same issue.  This is a dealbreaker for me.  Hope it gets fixed quickly or I’m cancelling my subscription.  Super aggravating when I’m driving and it locks the screen.  

cemitchell25
Visitor

Also add me to this list. Would really love to see this fixed as it is quite distracting while driving.

iPhone Model: Iphone 6

IOS Version: 12.1

Highlighted

Wilton13
Regular

iPhone XS Max 

OS 12.3.1

Spotify 8.5.14.816

same issue 

SUGGESTED POSTS