Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone Xs Max)

Operating System

(iOS 14.2)

My Question or Issue

I use the playlist section of the app to save albums in playlist folders that I create and organize by genre. After the last Spotify update, I noticed that the add to playlist option is not working correctly for albums.

Before the last Spotify update, I was able to create a playlist for an album using the "Add to Playlist" option within the album and save it to one of the playlist folders that I created within the general playlist folder. After the last update, the playlist can only be saved to the general playlist folder and there is no way to drag the newly created playlist into the playlist folders that I created.

If you look at the attached photo, I tried to create the Lecrae album playlist and put it inside the "Rap" playlist folder but the app wouldn't let me. This is a new issue that never happened in the past.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: lancelmc22

Mihail

Hey @Nir888 and @lancelmc22,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

We suggest you run a clean reinstall since this step can usually solve issues rendering Spotify to malfunction. You can find the necessary steps here.  

If afterwards the issue persist, we'd appreciate a video of the whole process, that'd help us out a lot in identifying the root cause of the problem. You can use the Insert Video option, just make sure to hide any private or sensitive info.

Keep us posted, we’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

View solution in original post

25 Replies

Nir888
Gig Goer

I have the same problem. 

Nir888
Gig Goer
why no one from spotify give answers?
Solution!

Mihail

Hey @Nir888 and @lancelmc22,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

We suggest you run a clean reinstall since this step can usually solve issues rendering Spotify to malfunction. You can find the necessary steps here.  

If afterwards the issue persist, we'd appreciate a video of the whole process, that'd help us out a lot in identifying the root cause of the problem. You can use the Insert Video option, just make sure to hide any private or sensitive info.

Keep us posted, we’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

MihailModerator

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

View solution in original post

Nir888
Gig Goer
I did the reinstallation according to the steps. For now the software is working well.
I will follow Spotify's behavior and update later.
No doubt the support shows that you care about the users.

lancelmc22
Music Fan
This fixed the issue. Thanks!

lancelmc22
Music Fan

The issue has returned! Can you please mark this post as unresolved and give me the option to upload a video again? Thanks.

Nir888
Gig Goer
The same problem is back again.

Nir888
Gig Goer

when the window (create playlist) looks like this. I know the problem is back. 

4C92FB0D-750A-4BB9-A900-2B20CA7C5406.png

Jeremy

Hey folks,

Thank you for your posts.

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall again. It's important that you perform a clean reinstall and not a reinstall since a clean reinstall will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persists?

It would also be great if you'd let us know which version of the app you have.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
SUGGESTED POSTS