Announcements
We’re experiencing issues with Premium subscriptions and redeeming gift Cards. This is being actively investigated. Subscribe to this thread here for updates.

A lot of music is missing for India

Solved!

Re: A lot of music is missing for India

SantoshPSS
Regular

I contacted Spotify Chat Support and they refunded my yearly subscription, then I took the monthly subscription just in case Warners Music doesn’t get available yet, you should do the same thing, keep in mind, if you have purchased the yearly subscription at least 14 days before, you are probably eligible for a refund.

SantoshPSS
Regular

You can still try to ask for a refund through chat support 🙂

user-removed
Not applicable

From where did you get the option of chat support??? Did you mean the email support???

SantoshPSS
Regular
But I do have the account on their official website and purchased a lot of songs, it does support India and also Apple Music has all Saregama available. I just want to play Saregama published songs because my iPad Pro just is not enabled to support WAV downloads and play them in the music app if I purchase from their website... Hopefully Spotify sorts all of these issues... thankfully I got a refund but still not received the funds yet... but I am still paying for Apple Music and listening my favorite songs there until these issues sorts out... Saregama just cant do this, these Indian Old Telugu Songs are originated in India near where I live. Unfortunately my favorite artist is no more so he can’t even blame them for putting the songs in the USA and not where they originated from. I know that this is a long message but... I am super frustrated...

user-removed
Not applicable

Even I got a refund of my payment and I re-installed apple music and I'm gonna use it until Spotify satisfies the lawsuit and expands its music library in India... Really glad that they refunded the amount.... Kudos Spotify... 

SantoshPSS
Regular

Awesome! Now it’s the waiting game I guess...

hritikghatge007
Music Fan

I truly understand the frustration , I too subscribed to Apple music but cancelled it immediately cuz the app isis unoptimiz for Android , app crashed like **bleep** , the only option is play music , Amazon music and Spotify .

And btw you can download songs from Saregama in mp3 format 

Screenshot_20190307-000235__01.jpg

SantoshPSS
Regular

No, unfortunately iPads doesn’t support MP3 or any other type of songs to be directly downloaded to the Music App on iOS. I have an iPad Pro so Apple Music is pretty much perfectly working on iOS 12.1.2.

isaumyam
Composer
Just today I realised the Saregama issue. Earlier I thought the problem is only with Warner as per the news. But never expected Saregama. Found out in a hard way. Anyways let's wait and see what happens.

user-removed
Not applicable

This has hit me hard too. I have been rooting for Spotify ever since my cousin introduced me to her US version on her phone. For a while I used VPNs to access it in India (yes I'm guilty) I had tons of music added to my lists ever since. It was one of my happiest days when they finally launched here but imagine my shock to find most of the songs greyed out. This is an absolute bummer cos I subscribed right away after installing, without skipping a beat. I even unsubscribed from Apple Music the very same day. Guess I'll have to rethink my choices now. 

I very much hope they sort this out soon. It really doesn't make any sense for me to pay for this service if I can't listen to the music I love, or the features I love (Discover weekly playlist). India is a promising market for Spotify, if, they get their act together. Fingers crossed.

SUGGESTED POSTS