Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot edit profile at all

Solved!

Cannot edit profile at all

I didn't notice until now that my birthday information on my account was incorrect and I tried changing it but have absolutely no option to. I found an article (here and here) explaining that if I signed up with Facebook to just disconnect my Spotify from my FB but don't even have the option to do that. My DOB is correct on my FB as well, so it's an issue with Spotify. I even went into my FB settings and removed Spotify which did disconnect my accounts but still couldn't edit my information.

Plan

Student Premium

Country

U.S.

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9/Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

Spotify issue 2.png
Spotify issue 1.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @AntonetteAC,

Thanks for getting back to us and trying that out.

If you created your Spotify account via Facebook, you'll have to reach out to our Customer Support team here so that they can do it manually on their end.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you have any further questions about this.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there @AntonetteAC,

thanks for reaching out !

It is indeed true that you'll have to disconnect the two in order to change things on your profile.

As you already tried some steps, please make sure to check the ones provided on this support page.

Keep me posted 🙂

@OneByBoo

I've tried the steps on the support page you provided (which is also one of the exact same ones I referenced to in my issue) but cannot disconnect my Facebook through Spotify. Referring to the second screenshot I posted there is no option to disconnect as instructed through the support page. So like I said, I went into my Facebook settings and removed Spotify which did disconnect my accounts but still couldn't edit my information.

Marked as solution

Hey @AntonetteAC,

Thanks for getting back to us and trying that out.

If you created your Spotify account via Facebook, you'll have to reach out to our Customer Support team here so that they can do it manually on their end.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you have any further questions about this.

Cheers!

Suggested posts