Family Premium: Living under the same roof or not

eruthros93
Casual Listener

Plan

Family Premium

Country

Germany/Greece

My Question or Issue

I'm a user of the Family-subscription and can't understand why you want to track the location via GPS to continue offering me a "Premium discount"?

I pay for the family plan and it should not matter where my family lives. Will you cancel my account if my family gets too far from each other?

Some families don't live together, but they still are family. They might work abroad, study or like to travel.

If you wanted more individual accounts maybe you should have considered if you should introduce the family plan or not.

Don't force your customers to cancel their subscriptions.

2 Replies

Re: Family Premium: Living under the same roof or not

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hey @eruthros93, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

I understand your concern, but people on the Premium for Family plan must reside at the same physical address. There's more info in the Terms of this plan here.

No worries though, I'll make sure to pass your feedback onto the right folks.

Let me know if you have any more questions :) 

Billy-JRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Re: Family Premium: Living under the same roof or not

eruthros93
Casual Listener

So, if I had bought my Spotify Family Subscription at some point in the past while we all lived under the same address, and then someone moved out to another city/country, would you remove the subscription from us/that person?

I really don't understand the logic behind it.

So 5 people who are not family, but friends or strangers, wouldn't be able to pledge 3 € each to pay for a Spotify subscription? If yes, then the people who came up with Family subscription idea should have considered this outcome, and they should have also considered that there will be people who would want to use the Family subscription legitimate, but nevertheless cannot live under the same roof.

SUGGESTED POSTS