Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I link my google account to Spotify?

Solved!

How can I link my google account to Spotify?

Plan

Premium

Country

Russia

Device

OnePlus 7 pro, PC, Notebook

Operating System

Android Oreo, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi there. I want to link my google account to spotify in order to use "log in with google" feature. Is that possible? My spotify account was created via facebook about 3 years ago.

My email on spotify is the same as google account email.

Снимок экрана 2020-10-03 194821.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @KostyaMerenkov,

thanks for your patience !

Currently, it's not possible to link an existing Spotify account to Google Sign In while the feature is in its test phase.

However, a possible workaround would be creating a new Spotify account using their Google account.

Then this Spotify Answer explains the account transfer option.

If you choose this method, you can close your Facebook-created account and keep the Google one.   

In addition, the live idea posted here is related to your question so i'd recommend checking it out.

Hope this clears things out a bit.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

View solution in original post

60 Replies

Hi @KostyaMerenkov

thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community !

I would like to know the purpose of the connection between the two in order to help you understand if that's possible.

Is there a specific Google device you'd like to connect to your Spotify account ?

The 2 main ways of logging into Spotify are through email or Facebook at the moment.

Waiting on your update 🙂

Hello!

I use one google account on many devices like phone, notebook, pc and It will be much easier to log in spotify through one button "Continue with Google" instead of entering login and password of the spotify account.

Marked as solution

Hi @KostyaMerenkov,

thanks for your patience !

Currently, it's not possible to link an existing Spotify account to Google Sign In while the feature is in its test phase.

However, a possible workaround would be creating a new Spotify account using their Google account.

Then this Spotify Answer explains the account transfer option.

If you choose this method, you can close your Facebook-created account and keep the Google one.   

In addition, the live idea posted here is related to your question so i'd recommend checking it out.

Hope this clears things out a bit.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Would like this as a feature too! I hope it's on the roadmap!

Hey @sarahnorthway,

Thanks for reaching out.

We appreciate your enthusiasm about this feature!  It seems that other Spotify users requested it and posted an idea. You can add your support there by up-voting the idea. We'll inform on any developments there, if there are any. So make sure to subscribe, if you haven’t already. You can also stay informed about any news regarding Spotify here.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

You have linked to the wrong idea (that was for creating a new account only). Here's the correct idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Partnership-Add-Sign-in-with-Google-for-Existing-Spotify...

Hey @teohhanhui,

Thanks for reaching out and apologies for the confusion.

We've updated the correct link in the previous post.

Keep us posted if anything else comes up!

Mihail Moderator

I like these kinds of Spotify solutions! So much big company, servicing without features like changing your ugly user name or linking google account.

You can not create a new Spotify account with your Google Account! You can not sign in by using your Google account with implicit account creation! You can not link your Google Account to an existing Spotify Account! These are forbidden, do not exist, null, WeDontCareException is thrown in the login page.

So much this ^^^ 

In Spotify we add 1 useless feature while removing 3 useful ones. And we do this once a year! 

So, its been a year. Is it still in testing? I just want to be able to use Log In with Google. I do not want to delete/transfer/etc. You should not put on the user to cover up for your poor infrastracture.

Reaching 2 years and nothing solved, what a shame developers.

Same here, would love this feature!

what a shame

unbelievable spotify is still boycotting google for existing user.. i'm considering switching to another music app..

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback.

As mentioned above -  Right now, it's not possible to link an existing Spotify account to Google Sign In.

If your Spotify email address is the same as your Google email address, you’re prompted to log in with your email address and password instead.

If your Spotify email address is different to your Google email address, you will create a new account if you choose to sign up with Google.

We hope that things got cleared up. Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

what does this mean bruh

Hey there @DolphinMeat101,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

What @Jeremy meant was that if you press the 'Continue with Google' button it could lead you to the creation of a brand new Spotify account that uses the Gmail account that is currently logged in your browser, which might be different from your original account's email address and thus you'd end up having two different Spotify accounts.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator

So, why not just solve the actual problem and let me link my google account then?

One of the dumbest things I've seen recently, if you wish to create an account you should see a CREATE ACCOUNT WITH GOOGLE button, if you want to LOGIN with your GOOGLE credentials you should see a LOGIN WITH GOOGLE, that's a poor UX choice. How about fixing it?

Suggested posts