Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I delete my recently played history?

Solved!

How do I delete my recently played history?

Someone in Brazil recently stole my log in details.  All my recently played songs are Brazilian.  I've since reset my password but can't figure out how to clear the history.  Thanks.

Plan

Free

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8

Operating System

Android

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Not sure on mobile but I have the option of clearing items individually from my Recently Played in the desktop app.

See screenshot.

View solution in original post

Capture.PNG
8 Replies

Hey @Lindseyy91, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear this.

I'd recommend following all of the steps in this support article to help return access to you.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the response but doesn't get to my question - I have already changed my password and I can log in.  I am just trying to clear my listening history so that I do not get recommended Brazilian songs.

Hey @Lindseyy91

The link I provided in my last reply is to make sure that this doesn't happen again. Currently, it isn't possible to clear your recently played - but as you listen to more of your music, you'll see those appear in your recently played instead of the other songs.

I hope this clears things up!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hi,

Not sure on mobile but I have the option of clearing items individually from my Recently Played in the desktop app.

See screenshot.

Capture.PNG

Hi there @Lindseyy91,

Thanks for asking about this! 

Just jumping in to confirm what @引きこもり said. It's possible to remove individual items from recently played on a Desktop device. You just have to hover with the mouse over the playlist, then give it a click with the right mouse button and pick Remove from Recently Played

We hope this helps! Let us know if there's anything else we can give you a helping hand with.

PetyaModerator

Thank you.

Spotify: It is frustrating that there isn't a streamlined way to resolve this when an account has been hacked.

This will remove recently played titles from the Recently Played list in 'your library' but it doesn't removed them from the Home page. And they remain in the mobile app.

Hey there @cjf56 and @Lindseyy91,

Thanks for getting back in touch about this!

While it is not possible to remove permanently items from your Recently Played list in order to exclude them from influencing the recommendations you see, some users have already suggested the following ideas that you might want to add your support to:

However, if you'd like to see something more specific in the app, you can always share your idea in our Ideas Exchange so other users can add their support and feedback.

For more help on doing that, we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer.

On another note, if you're having troubles with the recommendations you see, a workaround is to start over with a brand new Spotify account - there's more info on how to do that here.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts