Is it possible to change the picture of the discover weekly playlist? (it's a picture of my ex -.- )

Solved!
Solution!

Re: Is it possible to change the picture of the discover weekly playlist? (it's a picture of my ex -

MaryS
Roadie

Hi everyone,

Thanks for adding your comments here. We are aware of the issue and are looking into this.

If you have a Spotify-created account that’s linked to Facebook, could we ask you to disconnect your Facebook from your Spotify account? We would advise leaving your Spotify disconnected from Facebook for at least a week or two. This will revert your Discover Weekly to the default picture.

Once this happens, re-link your Spotify to Facebook and it should change to your current Facebook profile picture within a few days

Re: Is it possible to change the picture of the discover weekly playlist? (it's a picture of my ex -

uniquenewyorker
Regular
Spotify, we love you but don't believe this is going to happen : (... I am
willing to try. In the meantime, please work your hardest to see this
THROUGH.

Greg

Knick007
Regular
Been almost a month and they haven't f***ing fixed it . Gonna send them another email.

No Spotify, I can't unlink my account with facebook (and I'm guessing 90%) of others posting about the issue can't either because we made accounts through facebook!!

uniquenewyorker
Regular
Spotify community. I can not believe I am about to type these words....
BUT.... MY DISCOVER WEEKLY PHOTO HAS CHANGED!!!!!!!!

Here are the steps I took:

1. Disconnected my Facebook profile from my Spotify account
2. Let about a week or maybe even a little more pass by
3. Reconnected my Facebook profile to my Spotify account

OK OK... now I KNOW that Spotify has suggested we take these steps SEVERAL
TIMES. I have tried this SEVERAL TIMES and SEVERAL TIMES, the "fix" never
happened. I don't know if I'm just inept or if Spotify had a bug that they
didn't know existed..... BUT this worked for me. Try it for yourself and
see if it works.... otherwise, I am not accepting this as a valid solution
until others on this thread report success as well.

IN THE MEANTIME..... Spotify, I effing love you, but please, please,
please, try to make items like this a bigger priority in the future. I just
had to deal with a photo of an exboyfriend but others in the community had
photos of people they were married to for 10 years and then divorced...
photos of loved ones that had died.... etc.

boramioum
Casual Listener
Mine change today too!

But the problem with your solution in my situation is my account was made through facebook. So unlinking the account from facebook was not possible. Customer support told me it would take about 3 months after following the discover weekly playlist (which is about the amount of time that passed). I also changed my facebook profile picture again yesterday.

Good luck everyone on getting your discover weekly pictures changed!

eddelage
Casual Listener
Same thing here - this is annoying.

Lucy_El
Casual Listener

Mine has changed today! Hallelujah!!!! About time...

pkaseska

Hello,

Can you please include a tutorial on how to remedy this problem for those users who signed up with spotify using their facebook account. Those of use who are still having issues do not have the "disconnect button." Thus, far i have only seen suggestions for those who have stand alone account and secondarily linked a facebook account.

Highlighted

Knick007
Regular

@pkaseska wrote:

Hello,

Can you please include a tutorial on how to remedy this problem for those users who signed up with spotify using their facebook account. Those of use who are still having issues do not have the "disconnect button." Thus, far i have only seen suggestions for those who have stand alone account and secondarily linked a facebook account.

Email Spotify support and have them do it. Then it takes about a month to work.

I can't believe mine finally changed!! I think changing my profile picture again triggered it.

mgaston123

Hi,

My account has been disconnected from FB since November, yet the Discover Weekly still shows an old FB profile pic that I would reall like to get rid of. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

SUGGESTED POSTS