Is it possible to change the picture of the discover weekly playlist? (it's a picture of my ex -.- )

Solved!

Is it possible to change the picture of the discover weekly playlist? (it's a picture of my ex -.- )

DoriLori
Regular

hey there,

i'm a big fan of thee weekly playlist, but - i really don't know why - spotify decided to use a picture of my ex which was a couple of months ago in my facebook album. this maybe petty, but for me it's more than annoying.

is there any chance to change this, or to reset the cache so it doesn't take this picture?

thanks for your help, community!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

DoriLori
Regular

SOLUTION

Hello there, it finally worked! Thanks again to the Spotify Support Center, they answered pretty fast and were very friendly!

Mail 1

Thanks for getting in touch. We understand that you want to remove the picture associated with your Discover Weekly removed. Don't worry, we're here to help.

Discover Weekly is a personalized playlist of songs we think you’ll love. It’s as unique as you are! So we also use your unique Facebook profile picture as the cover (if your Spotify account is connected to Facebook).

Don’t worry; your image isn’t used on any other playlist. If you want to hide the Discover Weekly playlist, just right click it and select Make Secret.

If you don’t want your picture used for your Discover Weekly playlist, you can disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook.

Click Spotify (for Mac) or File (for Windows) in the menu bar.
Select Preferences.
Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.
Click Disconnect again to confirm.
Please allow some time for the changes to be reflected on your account.

Note: If you created your account using Facebook, you can’t disconnect it from Facebook.

(It worked for me, but only in the playlist itself, the thumbnail on other pages were still the same. So i asked for further help.)

Mail 2

Hey there,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Alright, we have another way of trying to fix this. Please Connect your account to your Facebook profile again and when you do, the playlist should update to your current Profile Photo.

The update would become effective on Monday (tomorrow). Please give it a try and let us know how that goes! We'll be right here to help you out if you need us 🙂

We hope to hear back from you soon. And if you have any questions, you can count on us.

I connected the profile again and after a few days - everything worked!

I hope it'll also help you.

View solution in original post

Solution!

MaryS
Roadie

Hi everyone,

Thanks for adding your comments here. We are aware of the issue and are looking into this.

If you have a Spotify-created account that’s linked to Facebook, could we ask you to disconnect your Facebook from your Spotify account? We would advise leaving your Spotify disconnected from Facebook for at least a week or two. This will revert your Discover Weekly to the default picture.

Once this happens, re-link your Spotify to Facebook and it should change to your current Facebook profile picture within a few days

Solution!

mdonahoo
Casual Listener

Uninstall your Spotify
Go to Facebook>Settings>Account Settings>Apps>Logged in Facebook>Search Spotify>Remove App.

Then install Spotify.
Log-in using Facebook.

Tada! I hope it will work for you.

69 Replies

jack_ice
Casual Listener

ok I had same trouble so I disconnected Spotify from my facebook for over a week and now I do not have this problem, try disconnecting it for a few days to a week. It helped me

Knick007
Regular

Having the same issue. Picture of me and my ex....

Logged out and in again like 10 times. Made my account through facebook so I can't unlink Facebook... The photo is private as well... 

What the heck guys. Seems like a lot of people are having the same issue. Why can't we choose what picture it is? Is there a way to force spotify to refresh or should I just delete the cache?

From what I've read it's meant to use my current profile picture but the picture is over 5 months old!!

Gonna send support a email. In the mean time I guess I'll just make a new spotify account...

UPDATE 22NOV16

I think the solution to this is to email support and they'll manually update it.  It seems they know it's a issue.

"

Hello <retracted>,

Thanks for getting in touch. We're fully aware of the situation, and sorry that you have to experience this. No worries, we're here to help you update the Discover Weekly picture.

We've gone ahead and have reset your Discover Weekly playlist. This will update the picture attached to it as well. However, it may take a little time for the changes to be reflected on your Spotify account.

Let us know if it's still not updated within 3 weeks and we'll check it further for you.

We're very sorry for the delay and inconvenience this brought to you."

jack_ice
Casual Listener

I have the same problem, but for me sadly its a picture ofme and my brother who past away, so Discover Weekly playlist picture I realy like to change it, plus feel like you had no right to use that picture, its a personal as it was the last time we spent together

Lucy_El
Casual Listener

Just found this post because I was looking for the exact same answer for the same reason!! Haha, would prefer not to see his ugly little face everytime I go on Spotify... 😛

fanman7
Regular

Partial response from support:

"It can take up to three weeks for your Discover Weekly picture to update. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience this has caused you."

3 WEEKS?!?!?!?! 

Anyone else have a problem paying for a service from a company that takes 3 weeks to change a picture?!

mmmzane

I updated my profile on June 4, and it is December 5, and it STILL SHOWS THE PICTURE. 3 weeks, more like 6 months?! I guess I will have to email them.

fanman7
Regular

Partial response from support:

"It can take up to three weeks for your Discover Weekly picture to update. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience this has caused you."

THREE WEEKS?! 

Anyone else having a hard time paying for premium service to a company that takes 3 weeks to change a picture?!?!?!?!

fanman7
Regular

So I received an email stating that Spotify would immediately fix this issue on my account. All I had to do was follow the playlist again. Here's the run around so far in an email I just sent back to support:

"So, we are now in, what we in the software development industry, define as an infinite loop.

1. I tell you that I have cancelled the premium subscription because I have an issue with the picture on the Discover Weekly playlist. It is of my ex wife and I. And I have a problem supporting an internet company that takes 3 weeks to change a picture.
  2. You tell me to follow the playlist so that you can fix the problem IMMEDIATELY. --> "We need you to follow Discover Weekly again for us to take down your picture immediately. After you follow Discover Weekly, please give us a heads up."
  3. I follow the playlist and notify you that I am now following the playlist.
  4. You then you respond that you've fixed the issue and would I confirm. --> "We've restored the Discover Weekly playlists on our end. Can you please confirm if the image on your Discover Weekly playlists has changed? "
  5. I check and the issue is not fixed
  6. You then send the first email telling me that I deleted/unfollowed the playlist (I did not) and I should once again follow the playlist so you can check and fix and it will take 3 weeks for the playlist to update. --> ​​"We've checked on your ******* account and can see that you have deleted the Discover Weekly playlist. Please follow it again and get back to us so we could check it backstage. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. Please allow up to 3 weeks for the picture on the Discover Weekly to be updated."

OMFG !!!!!!! I break the loop and tell you that my premium account is still in cancelled status and will expire in 10 days on 11/24. Let's see how many times this loop will iterate because once 11/24 comes and if I'm still seeing that picture I'm done and will be switching to a different music service that doesn't remind me of the **bleep** that I'm currently going through because the development team can't change a picture in less than 3 weeks.

I'll also note that there is no continuity to who is handling this issue. So far I've gotten emails addressing this issue from Analyn, Christine, Constantine, and one response didn't even have a signature. I can't wait until I get the survey."

kdisn

thanks for this because my discover weekly picture was also a pic of my ex and I haha

fanman7
Regular

I just cancelled my Premium subscription. This issue has been around for over a year and either the Spotify Devs are incompetent or Spotify just doesn't care. I too am going through a divorce and am reminded of this every time I use Spotify. Rediculous.

uniquenewyorker
Regular
Agree! This should be a simple fix and instead I'm constantly reminded of
my ex... it's especially great when I'm with guys I'm dating... so sorry
about your divorce.

boramioum
Casual Listener

I've got the same problem as those above me. I've created my account through facebook, so unlinking facebook is not an option. I have changed my profile picture multiple times on facebook and the discovered weekly is still a picture of my ex. If spotify is unable to update the discover weekly playlist photo automatically, we should at least have the option to update it ourselves.

GRath

I have the same problem! very frustrating I have changed my profile piture multiple times on facebook over the last 6 months but my discovery picture wont change and I can't un-link facebook as I created the account through facebook. Please fix this to update the same as my spotify profile as that changes properly.

RageDylan

I am having a similar problem and facebook is directly linked to my account. 

I have tried logging out and back in as well as restarting and reinstalling. 

EdtherJohn
Hi any help here? I have the same problem too! It's frustrating to see your ex on the discover weekly cover! I already tried all the steps you also try, but it's still not working. I've created my spotify using my fb account. 😔

jonibonez
I have the same problem. I have not been able to unlink the two accounts because I signed up with facebook. It's very frustrating 😞

fabiozon
Casual Listener

Same as all of the above. It can't be that difficult to make the albums cover dynamic and change with your current profile pic.

Solution!

DoriLori
Regular

SOLUTION

Hello there, it finally worked! Thanks again to the Spotify Support Center, they answered pretty fast and were very friendly!

Mail 1

Thanks for getting in touch. We understand that you want to remove the picture associated with your Discover Weekly removed. Don't worry, we're here to help.

Discover Weekly is a personalized playlist of songs we think you’ll love. It’s as unique as you are! So we also use your unique Facebook profile picture as the cover (if your Spotify account is connected to Facebook).

Don’t worry; your image isn’t used on any other playlist. If you want to hide the Discover Weekly playlist, just right click it and select Make Secret.

If you don’t want your picture used for your Discover Weekly playlist, you can disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook.

Click Spotify (for Mac) or File (for Windows) in the menu bar.
Select Preferences.
Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.
Click Disconnect again to confirm.
Please allow some time for the changes to be reflected on your account.

Note: If you created your account using Facebook, you can’t disconnect it from Facebook.

(It worked for me, but only in the playlist itself, the thumbnail on other pages were still the same. So i asked for further help.)

Mail 2

Hey there,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Alright, we have another way of trying to fix this. Please Connect your account to your Facebook profile again and when you do, the playlist should update to your current Profile Photo.

The update would become effective on Monday (tomorrow). Please give it a try and let us know how that goes! We'll be right here to help you out if you need us 🙂

We hope to hear back from you soon. And if you have any questions, you can count on us.

I connected the profile again and after a few days - everything worked!

I hope it'll also help you.

Ellzbellz

Hi all, i have been wondering if there was a way to do this on mobile, if you dont have facebook. Thanks!

Frederik81
Regular

I'm having the same problem. My discover weekly profile picture is an old (non-existent anymore) Facebook profile picture. I also want this picture removed from discover weekly.

It's funny because my regular Spotify profile picture is in fact the same as my current Facebook profile picture.

Also: I created my account with Facebook so I have no option to disconnect my facebook.

It's been months, why can't we just manually change our photo? Seriously, this can't be that hard?! 

Disappointed...

hustler
Regular

How is this possibly still a problem.  Please fix this or I'm going to Google Music.

SUGGESTED POSTS