Library Song Limit

Re: Library Song Limit

tHIS_IS
Music Fan

You are kidding yourself if you think this is a huge issue.  You must not have read Spotify's answer to this very issue a couple of years ago (really, YEARS ago!).  Maybe huge for you and a couple of more people, but not to spotify.   Matter of fact, their reply, as read below, really says "get off our platform, hogging up our resources.  Glad to see you go!"  

Here was their offcial reply:

Hey folks, we're back to give this idea a bit of an update. 

As we've previously said, less than 1% of users are reaching this Your Music limit. The current limit ensures a great experience for 99% of users instead of an "OK" experience for 100%. 

We've kept a close eye on your feedback though and we agree if a solution for this could be met it would be beneficial for everyone. While this isn't in our current timeline we're changing this to "Good Idea" and we'll update you if we have any info. Thanks!

wizx20

Ok, so I've hit this limit. How can I easaly convert this huge list of songs into some libarries? I think I can export via csv in the web version perhaps?

If anyone has some tips....

ch992
Casual Listener
Oh no...
you cant export via csv (at least not with tools that spotify provides you.)

you can make your playlist public and shared
than follow your playlist/account

Twobagtaylor
Regular
https://soundiiz.com

Is a fab tool for importing, exporting and keeping in sync multiple services. Helped my migration away from the 10K song limit. Now with Tidal... Good move.

lmwirshba
Regular

Do the other streaming platforms that have higher or unlimited song limits (Apple Music, Amazon Music, Tidal, etc.) have the crossfade feature? This is a key reason I haven’t switched from Spotify - yet. 

tHIS_IS
Music Fan

I never heard about that feature.... but a quick google search states Apple music has it.  Google "crossfade feature" and add the service you want to search.  Searching for Apple music would be "crossfade feature Apple music".  Simple enough...

miksko

Can you tell if there is a way to only add albums, to circumvent this limit?

In general there is 10 tracks on an album, and I thought I was mostly adding albums, but now I have reached this limit as well. (Yes, I might have 1000 records in my collection.)

dikrussl
Regular
Just click the 1st song in an album. When that artist selected you will get
a list of 1st song of each album. The click 'album' and walla the whole
album appears.

lmwirshba
Regular

Just wrote to the author of this article (https://www.consumerreports.org/music/spotify-vs-apple-streaming-music-face-off/) which was just published in Consumer Reports. Hopefully he can get it to the right people at Spotify executive management.

"Just read your Spotify vs. Apple Music article. Great analysis - though one HUGE issue with Spotify is the 10,000 song limit in Your Library. There are tons of complaints on their community message boards from people like me who easily reach that limit. The limit is not for downloaded songs - it’s simply for inclusion in your library. If you think about it, only 1,000 albums at an average of 10 songs per album, easily reaches their limit of 10,000 songs. I wish Daniel Ek knew how much angst there was amongst their Premium paying subscribers with this huge issue. Thanks for anything you can do to push it!"

Highlighted

martinelisco
Casual Listener

What an good solution! Thanks!!!

SUGGESTED POSTS