Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone; Morotola Android; Heos speaker

Operating System

iOS 10; Android 

My Question or Issue

I have an iPhone signed into Spotify and my husband has a Motorola. We generally use the account through a Heos speaker. Everything has been fine until recetly: If I used the account I would select the Heos speaker and play it; if my husband used it at a later time, he would take over the account where I left off - and so on. Last night however, things changed. The accounts only seemed partially synched. He tried to use the Heos speaker, but it would not show as an option through Spotify. He could access it through the Heos app, but only to play what I had last played. Even stranger, our accounts were only semi-synched: He had all our saved albums and previously played tracks etc. but when he played Spotify live, it would not register on my account, and vice versa. We could actually play two separate things at once - me through the Heos and he through his phone. All the while, if desired, he could access and control what I was playing through the Heos app - but only to pause and play - not to change selection. We tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify on his phone, but it made no difference. Any help; nothing seems to work?

11 Replies

Hey threre @scooter69,

thanks for posting in the community !

I feel a bit confused, can you please let me know if each one of you has his account with his own details ? or are you trying to use the same account together ?

Waiting on your update 😃

Hello. It’s one account on two devices. Usually when one of us starts using it after the other it asks us is we want to switch devices - i.e. one take over the account. Now only the iPhone can use the account to connect to the HEOS and the android one can strangely use the account independently but without connecting to the HEOS or any other device.

Hey there @scooter69,

thanks for the update!

There's no such subscription which allows 1 account to be used on more the one device at the time.

When adding two different devices on the same account and using it from different sources it creates the issues you're presenting.

To enjoy the full and individual benefits of Spotify each user should have his own account.

Another option is to create a Premium for Family account (read all about it here) and have each one of the accounts privatly, paid by one owner and for a special changning offers.

Let me know if you need further help 😃

Hello,

I have the Premium Family account and it happens the same to me.

When the android device on the family starts playing music on his phone, my Iphone stops playing music, or it just changes the song.

I want to know how may I stop this, so my family and I can listen tu music without being worried when another member of the family is listening.

Thank you.

Hi. No I don’t think the issue has been properly understood. We don’t want to use the accounts simultaneously, but just be able to access from different devices. So, for example I can use the account one evening through the HEOS speaker. And my husband can do the same the next evening from his android phone. I know that with only one premium account that when he is using it I can’t (unless I kick him off!). Until very recently we could do this. I could play something through the HEOS speaker and he could pick up his phone and change the song. Now the problem is as has been described: our accounts do not sync beyond saved albums and ‘recently played’ before this problem. We can actually both play separate things at the same time, though only I can use the HEOS speaker link.

Can’t figure it out...

This actually sounds like a different issue than the one I am having.

Hey @scooter69.

It sounds like there is a slight confusion here. We want to let you know that music libraries, listening history, recently played artists etc aren't in any way connected/shared between accounts. Even if the accounts are within the same family plan, they won't 'bleed' any info between them and are completely isolated from one another.

It sounds like you are sometimes using the correct account and sometimes the wrong account, without knowing it. Which is understandable cause in the end the experience is very similar. Especially if you both enjoy a similar taste in music.

Perhaps you should try to log out from all devices and unlink your accounts from the HEOS speaker you are using. You can then log into your personal accounts to see if that solves the issue. Keep in mind to make sure that you are using the intended account when accessing a shared device, like your HEOS speaker.

Hope this clarifies some things. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hi Guido,

Thanks for the response. Actually, it is not separate accounts but the same account used on different devices. Until this problem, I could use the account on my iPhone and if my husband used the account on his phone he would ‘kick me off’. So, we would only ever use the account on one device at a given time but would access it from two different devices (our mobiles) at different times.

Now, we are still signed into the same single account. Which shows the same history and saved songs, albums and playlists. But only one of us can access our HEOS speaker and even more strangely, we can play different songs at the same time now (we don’t kick each other off). Only yesterday my husband was playing music through the car stereo though Bluetooth while I was playing a different track just on my phone. Same single use account! I don’t know what’s happened but perhaps we ought to delete all apps and start again...?

Hey @scooter69.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Yes, try to remove all the apps and to log out from all devices you have logged into. We recommend by the way to use your own personal account. Getting 'kicked off' from an account because someone else starts listening is not a feature, rather a measure to prevent users from sharing one account. Perhaps you could try Premium for Family where you can combine multiple accounts (up to 6) under one subscription for only 14.99 per months. Which just a bit more than a regular Premium subscription for just one account.

Hope this clears things up. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

I HAVE FAMILY PREMIUM

Hi. Yes, I don’t have a family account. Just an individual premium. My problem was not being able to connect to a speaker through different devices signed into the individual premium account - very different from what you described.

I suggest starting a new thread so that people can address your issue directly.

Suggested posts