Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My username includes my full first and last name, and I don't want to share that with everybody.

My username includes my full first and last name, and I don't want to share that with everybody.

When creating my profile years and years ago, Spotify automatically made my username my first and last name. I sometimes share my playlists in various places, and I do not always want my first and last name visible. Even if I change my display name, the username can be easily found with the link the my profile.

I find this oversight inappropriate by Spotify, we should be able to change our username. I cannot simply make a new account, as I have years and years of algorithm data and upwards to 100 playlists created.

Spotify, what is the solution to this issue? Would like to hear if anyone else has this issue or want to change their username for other reasons.

3 Replies

If you go on home->settings (the Gear at the right top) and change the game, are you experiencimg the same issue? 

Could you please try and share one of your playlists here in order to check if it Is a cache error?

"change the name" Sorry but from my mobile phone I can't edit 😕

Hi there @cmmc62,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change. However, you can now add or change your display name on mobile!

A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

There's more information on this here.

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts