Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify E-Card Without Credit Card

Spotify E-Card Without Credit Card

Hello Spotify,

I have been using Spotify Premium for a few months now. In the beginning, back then I was unable to subscribe for a premium account due to the fact that my PayPal account is not connected to a credit card, simply because I do not own one.

I solved this using Facebook Payments, which allowed me to use a PayPal account without a credit card. Up until recently I enjoyed the ad-free usage of Spotify and the ability to listen to music on my phone through Spotify. But I received an e-mail that stated that Spotify would not support Facebook payments anymore.

In an attempt to use Spotify Premium without a credit card, I tried the option of purchasing an e-card from Spotify. I figured that while it is understandable that Spotify needs a reliable money source (e.g. a credit card) for monthly subscriptions, they would only need a single payment for e-cards, meaning there would not be the need for a credit card. I was wrong.

In conclusion, I was wondering why I would need to have a credit card connected to my PayPal account in order to pay for e-cards? This would allow me to buy an e-card every month that I would simply redeem on my own account. Without a credit card - only PayPal and PayPal. Or maybe you can provide me with an alternative way to get a Premium account without a credit card.

Best regards,

rynti

3 Replies

Hello!

Depending on the country you are located in, you can buy them in stores. You can check here and see if there is a list of stores where they are sold!

Happy Holidays!

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Hello rynti !

Before give up with payment cards ,  let’s check the correct way to use them !

- In order to buy an e-card ,  you may use a credit or debit card .                                                               

- The accepted payment methods by Spotify are  Visa, Master Card, American Express,

and Paypal , therefore will not be accepted  Electron or prepaid cards.                                                                                                                    - Your payment card does not have to be necessarily connected to PayPal  

Please make sure that your payment card meets the following requirements ...

1. Your card must not have expired.

2.  The card must to be issued from 1 of our launched countries

(We can only accept payment from our launch countries).

https://www.spotify.com/uk//select-your-country/

3. Your card should be enabled for e-commerce transactions

(Verified by Visa/ Master Card  Secure Card card).

4. Your card must be open to be used for foreign purchases.

5. There are some banks that require other security authentications ,

the most common one being 3D Secure.

Once you have checked all of the above, please try again to

subscribe from the subscription page of your account  here .

It is worth pointing out, if you wish to use PayPal your PayPal account does need to be connected to a valid credit/debit card and be verifed. Full requirements for PayPal payments can be found here.

As mentioned above, you might be able to purchase Spotify gift cards on the high street, for details in your country check out this page

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts