Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Subscription on VPN

Solved!

Spotify Subscription on VPN

Hello,

As you may have heard, current Turkish administration is making restrictions on the internet and some of the people buy VPN services to go online without any restrictions other than using free addons on their browsers. I know that there is a country-specific payment made in Spotify and some login restrictions for the users who use their spotify accounts on aboard. Since VPN makes you look like you're in a different country, is there a way to continue to pay the price of Turkey for the users who are on VPN and also the overcome the restrictions of using spotify aboard?

Thank you.

Edit: typo

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

As long as you have an active subscription, you can use your spotify account abroad without any limit on time so yes, you could use a VPN to carry on enjoying your music. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

As long as you have an active subscription, you can use your spotify account abroad without any limit on time so yes, you could use a VPN to carry on enjoying your music. 

Thank you for your answer 🙂

As a VPN user, I can add that the Spotify-client does get confused when I turn on the VPN connection while playing. It shows a blue notification bar telling me that "Spotify is being paused because it is being used somewhere else" - While this doesn't actually bring about any problems, maybe the notification could be avoided by using a client-specific-ID-tag in the program? So it knows that it is still the same instance? Just my 2ct.

I use a VPN for my work and am connected all day and night.  I am unable to connect to Spotify while on this VPN.  Can anyone advise me on how to resolve this?  This is not an issue when using Rhapsody.

I signed up to spotify from Australia with a VPN selected to USA.  After two weeks spotify kicks me out saying I am not in the right country. It's weird as the VPN is still selected to USA.  When I go to sign up for premium I can't because my country of membership is USA and it won't recognise the zip code on my credit card.  When I try and change my country in the profile it only allows me to select USA.  I want to keep all my favourites and playlists.  Anyone got any ideas?

Hey @craigerko

Your country setting on your Spotify account must match the country where the card was issued. If you're completely sure it matches try using an incognitor browser window or a different web browser.

Let me know how it goes.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for this, but where do I find the country setting?

@dleibowitz1,

Try using this guide it should help; https://support.spotify.com/uk/account_payment_help/account_settings/how-can-i-change-my-country-set...

thanks

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

Hello all,
I am using Spotify premium for a family with my brother.

I used the app all day on work. But I am a programmer, and we use many VPN-s which disable my app (offline)... For example, I am in Bulgaria. So my currently VPN is for Helsinki. This is more than unpleasure. The only way is to use the browser...
I tried with proxy also but without success.

We pay after all.... ...................

Suggested posts