Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • kafkaU
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!! Spotify App does'nt work anymore on Ipod Touch

Hi, The spotify app started crashing on my ipod Touch 1 or 2 weeks ago. Since then, each time I try to open it, the window gets white and stays as is until the opening cancels and brings me back to the home ipod page. I tryied re-installing the app s...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   The spotify app started crashing on my ipod Touch 1 or 2 weeks ago. Since then, each time I try to open it, the window gets white and stays as is until the opening cancels and brings m...
  • Clément33000
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Logging in without Facebook

Hello everyone, I originally subscribed to Spotify with my Facebook account, however, I deactivated the latter and cannot access Spotify anymore. Is there anyway to log into Spotify without using Facebook, even though I used this method at the beginn...

• Hello everyone,   I originally subscribed to Spotify with my Facebook account, however, I deactivated the latter and cannot access Spotify anymore. Is there anyway to log into Spotify withou...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium to Family

This sounds like the worst question in the world but I cannot determine how to upgrade to a family plan. I am a current premium user who wants to add a non-premium user but I have looked all over the "my account" page and there is nothing referencing...

• Casual Listener
  • This sounds like the worst question in the world but I cannot determine how to upgrade to a family plan. I am a current premium user who wants to add a non-premium user but I have looked all over th...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cancellation of Premium

I am trying to cancel premium on the German spotify. The instructions don't work. Any tips?

• I am trying to cancel premium on the German spotify. The instructions don't work. Any tips?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premuim not working.

I finished the 30 day trial and a payment of £9.99 was automatically sent via PayPal to Spotify Finance Ltd on the 19th of March. Nothing has changed since then however and I'm still asked to upgrade to premuim. I've tried re-installing the Spotify a...

• Casual Listener
  • I finished the 30 day trial and a payment of £9.99 was automatically sent via PayPal to Spotify Finance Ltd on the 19th of March. Nothing has changed since then however and I'm still asked to upgrade...
  • michaela1109
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! syncing devices

I currently have a spotify premium account. Was thinking of getting a family plan for $5 more per month. With my $10 premium, I get one live stream and can sync up to 3 devices. <br><br>I am assuming if I get a single family plan addition...

• Regular
  • I currently have a spotify premium account. Was thinking of getting a family plan for $5 more per month. With my $10 premium, I get one live stream and can sync up to 3 devices. <br&am...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Different Premium Prices

I have Spotify both on my phone and IPad and premium is a different price for both? Any idea why? Thanks!

• I have Spotify both on my phone and IPad and premium is a different price for both? Any idea why? Thanks!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sign on through Facebook

Hi my name is Alexa and I am having problems logging onto my real Spotify account (this is just a temporary one). I made my account through Facebook and now when I click to log on through FB it says "Spotify cannot connect." When I try using just my ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi my name is Alexa and I am having problems logging onto my real Spotify account (this is just a temporary one). I made my account through Facebook and now when I click to log on through FB it says ...
  • axellatorres
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Other
    Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Facebook accounted deleted now i cant access my spotify! Please help!

My facebook was deleted by facebook and now i cant access my spotify account... This is a temp... No help anywhere i can find! I cant cancel my subscription or use the account as spotify just tells me to reactivate my fb acc but it was deleted by fb!...

• Casual Listener
  • My facebook was deleted by facebook and now i cant access my spotify account... This is a temp... No help anywhere i can find! I cant cancel my subscription or use the account as spotify just tells ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Free
    Login
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't change to US Student Account

I have a premium account. I have tried to switch to get the US student discount but it does not work as it is supposed to. I followed the step-by-step instructions on the Student Discount FAQ page: https://support.spotify.com/us/problems/#!/article/c...

• I have a premium account. I have tried to switch to get the US student discount but it does not work as it is supposed to.   I followed the step-by-step instructions on the Student Discount ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Free Trial charge

I was immediately charged for a free trail?

• I was immediately charged for a free trail?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Used a gift voucher, premium cancelled?

Dear Spotify Team, I registered a gift voucher today that allows me to listen to Spotify Premium for month. However, since I was a premium user before, I'm not sure whether this cancelled my previous premium payment. My last payment was on January 20...

• Dear Spotify Team,   I registered a gift voucher today that allows me to listen to Spotify Premium for month. However, since I was a premium user before, I'm not sure whether this cancelled ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

purchased Premium but not activated.

Hi. I purchased Premium having had the basic account with ads. I received a confirmation email but it isn't working on any of my Android devices. I used the 30 day free trial a while back and cancelled before I started to be charged so I don't know i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I purchased Premium having had the basic account with ads. I received a confirmation email but it isn't working on any of my Android devices. I used the 30 day free trial a while back and cancell...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I have stop using the service

Hi my Name is Nikos I have stopped using Spotify but I just saw my bank account that i am charge about it I have checked my DD and nothing is there so would you please let me know how can I stop paying for it completely and if I can get my money back...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi my Name is Nikos I have stopped using Spotify but I just saw my bank account that i am charge about it I have checked my DD and nothing is there so would you please let me know how can I stop payi...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Need to Change Premium to US Student Premium

I am currently a Spotify Premium user, and have the full $9.99 subscription, but I'm a student and realized there's a $4.99 option. I can't figure out how to switch to the student price. I already looked at the FAQ and followed the first steps to try...

• Visitor
  • I am currently a Spotify Premium user, and have the full $9.99 subscription, but I'm a student and realized there's a $4.99 option. I can't figure out how to switch to the student price.   I...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps pausing and sonos will not play from it either.

I have removed all my devices, changed my password and countless times "Signed out of everywhere" though everytime I try to play anything on it, it pauses and says someone else is using it. Furthermore when I try to play anything from spotify on my s...

• Casual Listener
  • I have removed all my devices, changed my password and countless times "Signed out of everywhere" though everytime I try to play  anything on it, it pauses and says someone else is using it. Fur...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Do not know password or email account access

Hi, I'm using an account that I've had for many years, having just got Premium for the 0.99p offer. The email account I used to sign up to Spotify has long been deactivated, and I am unable to access it, but I linked my Spotify and Facebook, so for m...

• Hi, I'm using an account that I've had for many years, having just got Premium for the 0.99p offer. The email account I used to sign up to Spotify has long been deactivated, and I am unable to access...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! This track is currently not available in the United Kingdom.

Just trying to play Samsara by Martin Tungevaag returns this error. But if i go to his youtube. He links to this song. Tungevaag & Raaban – Samsara 2015 Please fix it. Just looking at the top played in Sweden. at lease 50% is greyed out.

• Visitor
  • Just trying to play Samsara by Martin Tungevaag returns this error. But if i go to his youtube. He links to this song.  Tungevaag & Raaban – Samsara 2015 Please fix it. Just looking at ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Amex card does not work

Hello, I have been trying to get premium for a week now, but my card keeps getting rejected. I know that everything about the card is okay, payment wise. But it gets rejected all the time.. Is it an Amex problem? Because it is the only card I have. B...

• Hello, I have been trying to get premium for a week now, but my card keeps getting rejected. I know that everything about the card is okay, payment wise. But it gets rejected all the time.. Is it an ...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes