Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 3
  • Rising Star 3
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • CeliMaga
  • Casual Listener
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Didn't want to pay for membership...Refund?

I accidently payed for membership using the wrong method and would like a refund as soon as possible. Thank you!

• I accidently payed for membership using the wrong method and would like a refund as soon as possible. Thank you!
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP me!

My account was accidently linked to my sisters facebook and no matter how many times I log her out and me in it only shows her friends. It does not change my profile picture to me. And when people follow me from facebook it does not show any of my mu...

• My account was accidently linked to my sisters facebook and no matter how many times I log her out and me in it only shows her friends. It does not change my profile picture to me. And when people fo...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Student Discount & Free Trail

So I've been using Spotify premium until just tonight. Tonight I went and signed up for Spotify Premium and used the student discount. Do I still get the free one month premium trail?

• So I've been using Spotify premium until just tonight.  Tonight I went and signed up for Spotify Premium and used the student discount.  Do I still get the free one month premium trail?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Incorrect account status

I am downgrading from Premium to Free, but my account status keeps telling me that you willl automatically charge me for Premium until I cancel. I have not cancelled several times - still same status - please advise

• Casual Listener
  • I am downgrading from Premium to Free, but my account status keeps telling me that you willl automatically charge me for Premium until I cancel. I have not cancelled several times - still same status...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Subscription Problem

what about discount for senior citizens like your student discount?

• Casual Listener
  • what about discount for senior citizens like your student discount?
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Log in to account site, doesn't work whit Google Chrome

Hi. I can't log in to my account site. When Im using Google Chrome browser. Nothing happens when Im trying to log in whit Google Chrome.Whit Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer no probs. So the error only accur whit Google Chrome. Please h...

• Hi.   I can't log in to my account site. When Im using Google Chrome browser. Nothing happens when Im trying to log in whit Google Chrome. Whit Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Internet Expl...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify stopped recognising premium NEED HELP ASAP

Hey everyone I need help withy spotify, it has forgotten that I have premium and tells me I have the free service. I deffinately do have premium. I am getting annoyed as it appears the support request form will not receive a personal reply even thoug...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey everyone I need help withy spotify, it has forgotten that I have premium and tells me I have the free service. I deffinately do have premium. I am getting annoyed as it appears the support reques...
  • Wave11111
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgrading spotify from abroad

I have an English spotify account which has been upgraded for a while, but which was recently reduced to a free account as payment for the subscription didn't go through. I am currently abroad and the service tells me to upgrade my subscription for u...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an English spotify account which has been upgraded for a while, but which was recently reduced to a free account as payment for the subscription didn't go through. I am currently abroad and th...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Family plan

Hello, I was wondering if there's a way you can use one account on two different devices at the same time. Or if you guys offer a family plan where you can listen from one account to say 2 or more devices at the same time.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I was wondering if there's a way you can use one account on two different devices at the same time. Or if you guys offer a family plan where you can listen from one account to say 2 or more de...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Help

I need this done please i changed my password

• Regular
  • I need this done please i changed my password
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! FREE trial problem

Hi, i try few months ago spotify premium for free, i try for one day and i dont like it, i cancel it by the steps on the website and dont use since that, i thought it was done. But now you charged 6e for that but i CANCEL IT. How can i get refund and...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, i try few months ago spotify premium for free, i try for one day and i dont like it, i cancel it by the steps on the website and dont use since that, i thought it was done. But now you charged ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Email allready in use

Hi! Well to break it down: I have an old email i no longer have access to as my spotity regestered mail and i want to change this. I write in my current email and it says that this email allready is in use. When i go to the login page and want to res...

• Hi!   Well to break it down: I have an old email i no longer have access to as my spotity regestered mail and i want to change this. I write in my current email and it says that this email a...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium on iPhone not registering

I pay for spotify premium which works fine on my laptop but I cannot get it to register on my iphone and it won't let me enjoy any of the premium features even though I am laying for them. I have logged in and out, updated it and re installed it, sti...

• I pay for spotify premium which works fine on my laptop but I cannot get it to register on my iphone and it won't let me enjoy any of the premium features even though I am laying for them. I have log...
  • Christoffer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Free
    Login
    Premium
    Unlimited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong Facebook attached to my account, can't rectify

So i signed into Facebook on my wife's account as I wanted to follow a couple of friends I knew had playlists. Before I did so the account had never been connected to FB. I then realised that it had put my picture and name all over her account, so I ...

• So i signed into Facebook on my wife's account as I wanted to follow a couple of friends I knew had playlists. Before I did so the account had never been connected to FB.   I then realised t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium stopped working

Since a couple of days ago my premium stopped working and my iPhone and Mac, and they telling me to download premium if i want to download my playlists. I have had premium for a long time and this has never happend before. I have paid for the uppgrad...

• Casual Listener
  • Since a couple of days ago my premium stopped working and my iPhone and Mac, and they telling me to download premium if i want to download my playlists. I have had premium for a long time and this ha...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Updating Playlists

So I recently managed to de-link my Spotify account from my Facebook as I wanted to deactivate it. Support were brilliant in getting all my playlists over to a new account so I didn't lose them, but I've just tried to add tracks to them and it's not ...

• So I recently managed to de-link my Spotify account from my Facebook as I wanted to deactivate it. Support were brilliant in getting all my playlists over to a new account so I didn't lose them, but ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to switch my current payment method

Hello, I currently pay for my subscription using Google Play, but I signed up for the student discount, which is not being applied. I want to know how to switch the payment method so that my student discount can come into effect. Thank you, Josh C.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I currently pay for my subscription using Google Play, but I signed up for the student discount, which is not being applied. I want to know how to switch the payment method so that ...
  • Macarena
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Subscription 'You are logged in as...'

So earlier I purchased the 1 month Spotify Premium package through Unidays and as it redirected me to the spotify website it said 'you are logged in as (random numbers - e.g 117543)' I have no idea what them numbers meant but I checked my email and h...

• Visitor
  • So earlier I purchased the 1 month Spotify Premium package through Unidays and as it redirected me to the spotify website it said 'you are logged in as (random numbers - e.g 117543)' I have no idea w...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Unlimited with Commercials

Unlimited is now playing commericals on my mobile device. This was not the case when I signed up for Spotify originally. Why am I now getting commercials. My subscription is current. No payment issue. I've signed out and signed back in several times,...

• Music Fan
  • Unlimited is now playing commericals on my mobile device. This was not the case when I signed up for Spotify originally. Why am I now getting commercials. My subscription is current. No payment issue...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
    Unlimited
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unlimited sound quality

Probably i'm wrong but high quality streaming has been cut off from Unlimited accounts? I've an unlimited account. Today i installed Spotify on a new pc and then checking the high quality option into preferences, a message displayed "this feature is ...

• Music Fan
  • Probably i'm wrong but high quality streaming has been cut off from Unlimited accounts?   I've an unlimited account. Today i installed Spotify on a new pc and then checking the high quality ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Unlimited
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes