Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 4
  • Rising Star 4
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • Not applicable
  • 970 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 970 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Delete a device i don't own

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceiPhone 7, a PC and apparently a PS4Operating SystemiOS 13, windows In the list of the avalaible devices there is a PS4 i don'**bleep** about. Maybe a device with wich i was connected long ago, but i don't think so. I do...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Belgium Device iPhone 7, a PC and apparently a PS4 Operating System iOS 13, windows   In the list of the avalaible devices there is a PS4 i don'**bleep** about. May...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Change account status

I have duo premium a/c and the payment went through 4 days ago.I broke up with my partner and want to ask if I could change my membership for this month given I am 4 days into the next month? Hope so.Thank youPlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, ...

• Visitor
  • I have duo premium a/c and the payment went through 4 days ago. I broke up with my partner and want to ask if I could change my membership for this month given I am 4 days into the next month? &nbs...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution cant disconnect spotify from facebook

PlanPremiumCountryUK My Question or Issuei followed the steps to disconnect my spotify from my facebook accounts but im not getting the option to disconnect?ive tried to log out and in still not there.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK   My Question or Issue i followed the steps to disconnect my spotify from my facebook accounts but im not getting the option to disconnect? ive tried to log out an...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How was my account compromised / hacked?

So, this evening we were having issues with Alexa; pausing, stopping & generally not playing ball. She was also occasionally waking up for no apparent reason etc. We thought not much of it as this is a new to us 'gen 3' and I put it down to an ultra ...

• Music Fan
  •   So, this evening we were having issues with Alexa; pausing, stopping & generally not playing ball. She was also occasionally waking up for no apparent reason etc. We thought not much of i...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Login
    Security
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Premium with Hulu + Family?

I am currently subscribed with a Spotify Premium with Hulu account but am considering upgrading to a family plan so my wife and children can have separate accounts. If I do, will I lose the Hulu subscription?

• Casual Listener
  • I am currently subscribed with a Spotify Premium with Hulu account but am considering upgrading to a family plan so my wife and children can have separate accounts.  If I do, will I lose the Hul...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Help! How do I un-claim an artist account and claim a new one

I have recently changed my artist name and need to claim it as a separate account. How do I un-claim my current one and claim the new one? Thanks, lockness

• Casual Listener
  • I have recently changed my artist name and need to claim it as a separate account. How do I un-claim my current one and claim the new one?   Thanks, lockness
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Change email - is it possible?

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDeviceiPhone XS/desktopOperating SystemiOS 10.Windows 10 My Question or Issue Okay so I have a little problem. I updated the email on my Facebook account and deleted the one I had there originally (I made my Spotify account v...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Finland Device iPhone XS/desktop Operating System iOS 10.Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Okay so I have a little problem. I updated the email on my Faceb...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify adds recently played songs as a new song to my playlist

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhy ...

• None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macb...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My facebook name doesn't show

Hi,So I have an old spotify account that I connected to facebook, and I'd like it to show my Facebook name instead of showing me my old username (it shows my username to people that follow me), which is embarrassing, cmon i was young. It also shows t...

• Visitor
  • Hi, So I have an old spotify account that I connected to facebook, and I'd like it to show my Facebook name instead of showing me my old username (it shows my username to people that follow me), whi...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

can't login on iphone 8

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)ios 13.3My Question or IssueI can log in on my pc, but not the phone. The gmail link doesn't work. None of the sol...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) ios 13.3 My Question or Issue I can...
  • searchken
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't login

PlanFree/PremiumCountryIndiaDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI logged in with phone number. Due to that i can't change email address or add one and i ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country India Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I logged...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Free Trial has Stopped Working

Hello,I am about halfway through the 30 day free trial and it has stopped working and when I try to play a song it says that I need Spotify Premium. I have signed up for the premium service for when the free trial is over so I'm a bit confused as to ...

• Hello, I am about halfway through the 30 day free trial and it has stopped working and when I try to play a song it says that I need Spotify Premium. I have signed up for the premium service for w...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify display name

Hi guys, According to this Spotify support article linked below it says you can create a display name which will show instead of the account username, but the article doesn't say how to do it nor can I see anywhere to do it in my account. I have sear...

• Visitor
  • Hi guys,   According to this Spotify support article linked below it says you can create a display name which will show instead of the account username, but the article doesn't say how to do i...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I Cant share my spotify songs to instagram story

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesia DeviceRealme 3Operating SystemAndroid Version 9 My Question or IssueUsually I have never experienced problems like this but recently exactly today i cant share my songs to instagram stories anymore. I already do some solut...

•   Plan Premium Country Indonesia   Device Realme 3 Operating System Android Version 9    My Question or Issue Usually I have never experienced problems like this but r...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hacked Credit Card

PlanFamilyCountryCanada My Question or IssueMy credit card was recently hacked (through no fault of Spotify). Unfortunately, this means my auto-payment can't go through. I'm to receive a new card in about 7-10 business days. I just wanted to know how...

• Plan Family Country Canada   My Question or Issue My credit card was recently hacked (through no fault of Spotify). Unfortunately, this means my auto-payment can't go through. I'm to recei...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Controlling Spotify from abroad

My Question or Issue Hello everyoneI am travelling abroad but I will need to play Spotify in one of my devices for work reasons.I would like to know if that is possible, in case I am logged the 2 devices in the same account, so once I will play there...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue   Hello everyone I am travelling abroad but I will need to play Spotify in one of my devices for work reasons. I would like to know if that is possible, in case I am l...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Username is string of numbers and letters, but it's fine in Community?

I recently made this new Spotify account since I know it's impossible the change your username otherwise (I know you can connect to Facebook, but I don't have one). I entered the new username I wanted it to be on mobile, but when my account was all s...

• Visitor
  • I recently made this new Spotify account since I know it's impossible the change your username otherwise (I know you can connect to Facebook, but I don't have one). I entered the new username I wante...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cuenta

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFree/PremiumCountryTxDeviceSamsungOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueElimine mi cuenta de Spotify y después cree otra c...

• Casual Listener
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free/Premium Country Tx Device Samsung Operating System Android &...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Searchfield

When Im logged in thru Chrome or Explorer...I cant see that the search is working. I dont get the search field - why?

• Casual Listener
  • When Im logged in thru Chrome or Explorer...I cant see that the search is working. I dont get the search field - why?
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution A hacker threatened me and my kids

Few days ago, a hacker takes over my account and send a email (see attached) threatened me and my family. As he access my account, he got my phone number. He sended me also a text message. Because I'm a Premium Family Member, he knows my adress and m...

• Casual Listener
  • Few days ago, a hacker takes over my account and send a email (see attached) threatened me and my family.   As he access my account, he got my phone number. He sended me also a text message. B...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Security
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes