Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 3
  • Rising Star 3
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • CeliMaga
  • Casual Listener
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

i want my money back now

im being charged for a acct i closed a month ago and i was never notfifed and the bank is now charging me 30 bucks for them paing the 9.95 i want my acct canceld and my money refund my money asap

• im being charged for a acct i closed a month ago and i was never notfifed and the bank is now charging me 30 bucks for them paing the 9.95 i want my acct canceld and my money refund my money asap
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Help: Wife's name shows up on my account

Although there are other threads about this issue, I am starting a new one: a) those have been closed as solved, b) this issue needs constant escalation so it is fixed. At some point I attached my account to my wife's Facebook account. Now despite ha...

• Regular
  • Although there are other threads about this issue, I am starting a new one: a) those have been closed as solved, b) this issue needs constant escalation so it is fixed.   At some point I att...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with logging in

Hello, I'm having trouble logging in after I reinstalled my OS. The issue is that I don't remember my password, and when I go to the login page and ask for the password to be emailed to me, I get no email. In the app, I tried logging in with what I t...

• Hello, I'm having trouble logging in after I reinstalled my OS.  The issue is that I don't remember my password, and when I go to the login page and ask for the password to be emailed to me, I...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why won't you take my money?!

So I've been using Sptify premium for a while now, using the same card the whole time with zero problems. Recently, a grocery store in my area had a security issue, which caused a ton of credit card numbers to be leaked out. My card was one of them, ...

• Regular
  • So I've been using Sptify premium for a while now, using the same card the whole time with zero problems.  Recently, a grocery store in my area had a security issue, which caused a ton of cred...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook/Spotify logging in issues.

I deleted my facebook today, and since my spotify is attached to my facebook login I couldnt listen to music unless I reactivated my facebook. Which I did until I can find a way to change it so my facebook is not tied with my spotify account. Is ther...

• Casual Listener
  • I deleted my facebook today, and since my spotify is attached to my facebook login I couldnt listen to music unless I reactivated my facebook. Which I did until I can find a way to change it so my fa...
  • figglywiggly72
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgraded to premium and playlists were erased.

I originally had a free spotify account that I created with my facebook crededtials with all of my playlists on it. I recently created a new premium spotify account to remove ads for my open house and foolishly connected it to the same facebook accou...

• Casual Listener
  • I originally had a free spotify account that I created with my facebook crededtials with all of my playlists on it. I recently created a new premium spotify account to remove ads for my open house an...
  • bake
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Due to a bug thousands of playlists created - please remove

Hi, There's a bug when you press 'Like it' when listening to a radio - it ends in created thousands of empty playlists. I managed to run a script which removed all of them on my PC Spotify client, however on moblile they're still visible (for me and ...

• Hi,   There's a bug when you press 'Like it' when listening to a radio - it ends in created thousands of empty playlists. I managed to run a script which removed all of them on my PC Spotify...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Activity feed not showing at all

My activity feed is not showing up and i am following several people already but the updates have not been showing up for weeks now on my pc, im logged in with facebook and everything but i have no feed of the people im following or what they are lis...

• Casual Listener
  • My activity feed is not showing up and i am following several people already but the updates have not been showing up for weeks now on my pc, im logged in with facebook and everything but i have no f...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I purchased a premium account ecard as a gift and the recipient never received the ecard with code?

Hi I purchased an ecard as a gift for my daughter on 24th May and paid for a full year subscription. I have the reference number and when ordering stipulated the account must start on 28th May which is her birthday. She hasn't received the ecard and ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I purchased an ecard as a gift for my daughter on 24th May and paid for a full year subscription. I have the reference number and when ordering stipulated the account must start on 28th...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify for Facebook Pages

Is there a way to create a Spotify account using a Facebook brand page? That way, the username would refelct a company name rather than a personal name?

• Is there a way to create a Spotify account using a Facebook brand page? That way, the username would refelct a company name rather than a personal name?
  • Hubiedoo
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Can not upgrade? Lost premium subscription

I was a premium subscriber. My bank card was stolen and deactivated causing my premium membership to be cancelled. I am trying to login with Facebook to repurchase. When I hit 'confirm purchase' it takes me to Facebook browser and just hangs. How do ...

• I was a premium subscriber. My bank card was stolen and deactivated causing my premium membership to be cancelled. I am trying to login with Facebook to repurchase. When I hit 'confirm purchase' ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Updating credit card

I am trying to update my credit card, have been for a few days now, and I am unable to finish the process. I enter in the new details and it tells me it is unable to update. Any help?

• Music Fan
  • I am trying to update my credit card, have been for a few days now, and I am unable to finish the process.  I enter in the new details and it tells me it is unable to update.   Any help?
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Logged into Spotify and my playlists that I've worked on for months are gone.

I only have one login, and I use my Facebook account to login. Other playlists that I've created are still there, but the most important ones have vanished. Is there a way to get these back? I don't have a premium account, only the free one. This is ...

• Music Fan
  • I only have one login, and I use my Facebook account to login. Other playlists that I've created are still there, but the most important ones have vanished. Is there a way to get these back? I don't ...
  • joeballs
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! SPOTIFY PREMIUM RECEIT

Hey, I need receits for my Spotify Premium account for 2012 for my taxes. I work in music, so this a business expense for me. Any idea how I can get this asap? Will

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, I need receits for my Spotify Premium account for 2012 for my taxes. I work in music, so this a business expense for me. Any idea how I can get this asap?   Will
  • Will86
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Deleting my spotlight account

I downloaded the spotify app and signed up and apparently I got a premium trial anyway it's almost over and I don't want to be charged I just wanted to listen to spotify for free but now I just want to delete the account because I do not want to get ...

• I downloaded the spotify app and signed up and apparently I got a premium trial anyway it's almost over and I don't want to be charged I just wanted to listen to spotify for free but now I just want ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hacked premium account

Hello.My premium account has been hacked, and also my e-mail. Which means I can't recieve a new password. I did fill a contact form (Case # 00721041), but no answer yet (did it yesterday). I need to either get a new password and change my e-mail, or ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. My premium account has been hacked, and also my e-mail. Which means I can't recieve a new password. I did fill a contact form (Case # 00721041), but no answer yet (did it yesterday). I need...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost all playlists

Hello Spotify Community, After having been inactive on Spotify for a longer period of time (approximately 2-3 months) I today logged into my account via Facebook. However, all my playlists are now gone? Is anyone familiar with this problem or know an...

• Hello Spotify Community,   After having been inactive on Spotify for a longer period of time (approximately 2-3 months) I today logged into my account via Facebook. However, all my playlists...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't buy a gift card

A few minutes ago i tried to buy a gift card for my friend via PayPal, and that's a message I got:"Niestety wystąpił problem. Spróbuj ponownie później" something like 'unfortunately an error occurs, try again later'Everything worked great today morni...

• Regular
  • A few minutes ago i tried to buy a gift card for my friend via PayPal, and that's a message I got: "Niestety wystąpił problem. Spróbuj ponownie później" something like 'unfortunately an error o...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

why do you release remix versions of tracks before or without the original?

Hi, I'v had spotify for a number of years and starting to get really annoyed with the fact that spotify seems to take ages or dosn't put on the latest dance tracks, both remixes and originals. Or they put the remixes on but no originals, have you tho...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I'v had spotify for a number of years and starting to get really annoyed with the fact that spotify seems to take ages or dosn't put on the latest dance tracks, both remixes and original...
  • Zak90
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes