Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 3
  • Rising Star 3
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • CeliMaga
  • Casual Listener
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Solved!! How to create an account for an organization

Hello, i'm in charge of an organization and we need to upload some podcasts to Spotify. For this, we need to create an official account and I want to know how to do this process, which documentation do I need to provide in order to validate that in f...

• Hello, i'm in charge of an organization and we need to upload some podcasts to Spotify. For this, we need to create an official account and I want to know how to do this process, which documentation ...
  • A_Musicophile
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Don’t know my log in details.

hi all i recently got a new phone (iPhone which transferred my old apps from my old iPhone however logged me out of all of them. i attempted to log back in however I was logged in on a Spotify account that was either an old example of a standard acco...

• hi all   i recently got a new phone (iPhone 😎 which transferred my old apps from my old iPhone however logged me out of all of them.   i attempted to log back in however I was logged i...
  • A_Musicophile
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Error while browsing for songs

PlanPremium for duoCountryItalyDevice(Huawei p20 & Samsung s6)Operating System My Question or IssueHello, my Spotify keeps giving error while browsing for songs. I can search one song/playlist and then when I want to switch it and search for somethin...

•   Plan Premium for duo Country Italy Device (Huawei p20 & Samsung s6) Operating System     My Question or Issue Hello, my Spotify keeps giving error while browsing for s...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution No access to email linked to account and someone changed my password

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueI went to log onto spotify today and it asked me for my username and password. I tried my password several times and it didn't work, and yes I made sure I...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free/Premium Country United States Device Computer Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I went to log onto spotify today and it asked me for my username and password...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Security
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Paying premium account went wrong

Plan/PremiumCountryThe netherlandsMy Question or Issue Hallo, this morning I got a email that I could get premium for 3 months for €0.99. So I made a new account, and ordered premium. After I paid I found out that I first had to confirm my new accoun...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan /Premium Country The netherlands My Question or Issue   Hallo, this morning I got a email that I could get premium for 3 months for €0.99. So I made a new account, and ordered premium...
  • mijn_spotify
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippinesDeviceiPhone 7 PlusOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI am subscribed to Premium but my account doesn’t operate with Premium now. What happened? I can’t log in with my username as ...

• Plan Premium Country Philippines Device iPhone 7 Plus Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I am subscribed to Premium but my account doe...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Change country

I recently upgraded my plan to the family plan and tried to add my parents to the account you recently moved back to Canada from the USA and we are living in the same residenceEven though they just setup a new account we are unable to change their co...

• Visitor
  • I recently upgraded my plan to the family plan and tried to add my parents to the account you recently moved back to Canada from the USA and we are living in the same residenceEven though they just s...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't work

my Spotify keeps saying I'm offline even though I am connected too wifi.. check other apps and they worked. And it also says That the payment hasn't worked and they will try again... I check my bank and it shows the Spotify payment on sunday. Some pl...

• my Spotify keeps saying I'm offline even though I am connected too wifi.. check other apps and they worked. And it also says That the payment hasn't worked and they will try again... I check my bank ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Family premium not working

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceSamsung s10plusOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI am paying for premium but not working on my phone

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Samsung s10plus Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I am paying for premium but not working on ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot change password, e-mail address unavailable

Hi,I am writing this on behalf of a friend. He is a Premium user, and he has forgotten his Spotify password. Moreover, the e-mail account that he used when creating the account is no longer available (it was his previous job address), so he cannot us...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I am writing this on behalf of a friend. He is a Premium user, and he has forgotten his Spotify password.   Moreover, the e-mail account that he used when creating the account is no ...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

the limit is less than 10,000 songs

let's start by saying that I hate the 10,000 songs limit as I've reached it after uploading about 50%-60% of the music that I wanted.But then I found out that I reached the limit when I had less than 9,300 songs dowloaded. I contacted the support and...

• let's start by saying that I hate the 10,000 songs limit as I've reached it after uploading about 50%-60% of the music that I wanted. But then I found out that I reached the limit when I had less th...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost 1 out of 2 accounts with same email

My Question or IssueI recently bought premium on my 2nd account, but when I tried logging in with my 1st account (FB linked), it only logged into the 2nd and now I cant log into my 1st account anymore. How do I get my 1st account back?

• My Question or Issue I recently bought premium on my 2nd account, but when I tried logging in with my 1st account (FB linked), it only logged into the 2nd and now I cant log into my 1st account anym...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Problemas com meu perfil musical

Toda vez que abro meu app aparecem artistas e musicas que eu não gosto e nem ouvi.... como parar isso? Por exemplo eu não curto musica sertaneja e a pagina inicial vem populada com esse genero sob "nao sai de seus ouvidos" ou ainda "tocadas recenteme...

• Toda vez que abro meu app aparecem artistas e musicas que eu não gosto e nem ouvi.... como parar isso? Por exemplo eu não curto musica sertaneja e a pagina inicial vem populada com esse genero sob "n...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Saved artists disappeared from list.

PlanFree Operating SystemWindows 10, in browser. My Question or IssueA few days ago I noticed that a significant amount of the artists I saved no longer appear in the list under the Artists tab. I do not recall ever doing anything that may have cause...

• Regular
  • Plan Free   Operating System Windows 10, in browser.   My Question or Issue A few days ago I noticed that a significant amount of the artists I saved no longer appear in the list und...
  • mijn_spotify
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Other
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to login without the "ID" assigned to me

Very simply put. How do I login to spotify without using the "ID" assigned to me by spotify. Email doesnt work, i cant create a user name.

• Visitor
  • Very simply put.    How do I login to spotify without using the "ID" assigned to me by spotify. Email doesnt work, i cant create a user name.       
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Resubscribed and cant login on device with old account

I have recently resubscribed to Spotify Family Plan and could not login with the ID I used on my iphone. So I reset my password and it gave me some random string of numbers as my "ID". I successfully login on my laptop and sign up for Spotfy family p...

• Visitor
  • I have recently resubscribed to Spotify Family Plan and could not login with the ID I used on my iphone. So I reset my password and it gave me some random string of numbers as my "ID". I successfully...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing creditcard information

PlanPremiumCountrybelgium My Question or Issue I want to update my creditcard information. I tried following the steps the support page provided but it says there is a button “update” in the account section, where the plan info is, but I don’t see th...

•   Plan Premium Country belgium   My Question or Issue   I want to update my creditcard information. I tried following the steps the support page provided but it says there is a...
  • Jᴀᴄᴋ
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Strange activity on account

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 10My Question or IssueHi, Recently, Spotify started showing me all these weird suggestions for music. Music I had never heard and quite frankly didn't really like. It had songs in my 'Recently played' list...

• Plan Premium Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 10 My Question or Issue Hi,   Recently, Spotify started showing me all these weird suggestions for music. Music I had never heard and q...
  • Jᴀᴄᴋ
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Security
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is it possible to unlink Facebook if originally registered with it/transfer everything to new acct?

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI originally registered with Facebook, but I've been meaning to delete facebook for a while and I don't think I can with my account linked to it. Is it possible to either tran...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I originally registered with Facebook, but I've been meaning to delete facebook for a while and I d...
  • superpie
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes