Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • kafkaU
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes

Cant log in Spotify account.

I used a vpn while opening my account and it was set to USA. Now when i want to log in to my account in the desktop app i get an error saying "Your country does not match the one set on your profile. To continue use, update your profile or upgrade yo...

• I used a vpn while opening my account and it was set to USA. Now when i want to log in to my account in the desktop app i get an error saying "Your country does not match the one set on your profile....
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Family Admin Account

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia Device(iPhone 8 Plus)Operating System(iOS 10, ) We want to edit the family members, but can't locate the admin account holder. We locked in with every member and not one of us, has the option to edit family members. How do...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Australia  Device (iPhone 8 Plus) Operating System (iOS 10, )   We want to edit the family members, but can't locate the admin account holder.  We...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How to set it as the default nickname and avatar

After the spotify is bound to facebook, the default name and avatar become the name and avatar of facebook. Later, I untied facebook, but the nickname and avatar were still facebook. I would like to ask how to set the original default avatar and name...

• After the spotify is bound to facebook, the default name and avatar become the name and avatar of facebook. Later, I untied facebook, but the nickname and avatar were still facebook. I would like to ...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My account was deleted

PlanFreeCountrySpain DevicePc Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I was using my acount for years but today I can't log in, and the system of recovery say me that my email don't exist, and any other device can't conect. I had read the sup...

• ...ccount. And I had a old email to chage a pasword that I'dont remember request, is strange.   I don't give more information about my account because this is a forum public and no the p...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Security
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Change country

I have been in the USA for 2 months now and am trying to update the country on my account. I’ve downgraded to a free account but am still only getting the uk option against my country. How do I update this?

• Casual Listener
  •   I have been in the USA for 2 months now and am trying to update the country on my account. I’ve downgraded to a free account but am still only getting the uk option against my country. How do...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Samsung Gear Spotify App Can't Login

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceSamsung Gear SportOperating SystemTizen My Question or Issue I cannot login to spotify app on samsung gear sport phone. I am facebook login user. Have tried multiple times, but keep getting message of "unable to login"

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  USA Device Samsung Gear Sport Operating System Tizen   My Question or Issue  I cannot login to spotify app on samsung gear sport phone. I am fac...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Delete hacked play history

Account was hacked and used by someone else. Now successfully recovered and protected, however, their music still remains in my play history for suggestions. How do I get rid of this? PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid

• Account was hacked and used by someone else. Now successfully recovered and protected, however, their music still remains in my play history for suggestions. How do I get rid of this?   Plan ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Login problems with new family member

PlanPremium - familyCountry UKDeviceDell G5 laptop and Hudl Android TabletOperating SystemWindows 10 and Android V6 My Question or Issue I try to link my daughters account with your facebook account for the 1st time. I get the following message on Wi...

•   Plan Premium - family Country  UK Device Dell G5 laptop and Hudl Android Tablet Operating System Windows 10 and Android V6   My Question or Issue   I try to link my ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Premium

I registed " 3 months of premium for 0,99$ ( 5.900d in Viet Nam). My credit card was charged. But when i checked, my account was still free. Then i tried to buy premium again. Although my money was taken twice, no receipts no premium. Sorry for my ba...

• I registed " 3 months of premium for 0,99$ ( 5.900d in Viet Nam). My credit card was charged. But when i checked, my account was still free. Then i tried to buy premium again. Although my money was t...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution can't log into old account to cancel

plan permium so over time i have deleted my facebook account that i used to start my spotify and i no longer have access to my student email address that was used as well. i am unable to log into my account and change any of my information or cancel ...

• plan permium   so over time i have deleted my facebook account that i used to start my spotify and i no longer have access to my student email address that was used as well. i am unable to log...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I’m unsure how to fix this issue ?

I’m ive Had a spotify account premium for years now and my brother used the same Mac book for his free account, it seems that my premium is linked to him as when he logs on and I’m on I play a track and it plays on his and over rides what he is liste...

• I’m ive Had a spotify account premium for years now and my brother used the same Mac book for his free account, it seems that my premium is linked to him as when he logs on and I’m on I play a track ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

cant login

PlanFreeCountry BulgariaDeviceiphone 6s galaxy tab sony bravia My Question or IssueI cant loggin in my account denso1989email *snip*when i try to reset the passwordim not receiveing email from spotify

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  Bulgaria Device iphone 6s galaxy tab sony bravia     My Question or Issue I cant loggin in my account denso1989 email *snip* when i try to reset the passw...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Security
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

A couple of things not working

PlanFreeCountry PortugalDevice(Desktop)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueQUESTION 1 - I have installed a week ago and loaded music and added some more. I imported music from other platforms and have over 2000 songs on spotify. The sect...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  Portugal Device (Desktop) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue QUESTION 1 -  I  have installed a week ago and loaded music and added s...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Free
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded music and playlists gone after password reset

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone 6s Plus and Asus laptopOperating System(iOS 10, Windows 10) My Question or IssueWhen I went to use the app recently I found I had been logged out and had to log back in. I couldn't remember my password, so reset it an...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone 6s Plus and Asus laptop Operating System (iOS 10, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue When I went to use the app recently I found I had been logged...
  • 1TimmyMay
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Deactivated facebook

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceiPhone 6Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI am seething. I've had student premium for like two years now. I just deleted my facebook and as a result my spotify is gone. I...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device iPhone 6 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I am seething. I've had student premium fo...
  • allysonswim
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

account won't open

PlanPremiumCountryUK Device PC My Question or Issue I can log in to my account and use Spotify, but I cannot open 'Account' from the sub-menu that is next to my username

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country UK   Device   PC   My Question or Issue  I can log in to my account and use Spotify, but I cannot open 'Account' from the sub-menu that is n...
  • bluemooner
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

H

Don't know what the devs are working on, but your UI is still a broken mess, some 3-4 years later. Go to any playlist, scroll down to recommended songs and spam the update button 3 times in a row, then quickly click on a song in the list and you'll f...

• Casual Listener
  • Don't know what the devs are working on, but your UI is still a broken mess, some 3-4 years later.   Go to any playlist, scroll down to recommended songs and spam the update button 3 times in ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Re-created Account, Selected Username, was still assigned random characters

PlanFamily PremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10, Edge browser. My Question or IssueHi - I created an account so I could sign up for a family plan for my family. Since I left the "What should we call you?" field blank, it assign...

• Plan Family Premium Country USA Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10, Edge browser.   My Question or Issue Hi - I created an account so I could sign up for a family plan for m...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes