Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 4
  • Rising Star 4
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • Not applicable
  • 970 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 970 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Changing email address

I am unable to edit my email address in my account settings. How can I do this?

• I am unable to edit my email address in my account settings. How can I do this? 
  • GinoR
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Customising Community avatars

Hello! I'm wondering how we can upload our own images as profile pictures for our Commnity accounts (aka these forums). I'm aware that you need to be a certain rank, but may I ask, which rank? And how many posts must you contribute to, to achieve tha...

• Regular
  • Hello!   I'm wondering how we can upload our own images as profile pictures for our Commnity accounts (aka these forums). I'm aware that you need to be a certain rank, but may I ask, which ran...
  • JoshuaBennett
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Family Account Invite Not working

Hello,I just upgraded my premium account to a family account. I invited my fiancee, who I live with, via email. She recieved the email, and did everything and it just kept popping up with 'Something went wrong'. I took her off the account then re-inv...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I just upgraded my premium account to a family account. I invited my fiancee, who I live with, via email. She recieved the email, and did everything and it just kept popping up with 'Somethin...
  • EJSchmidt
  • 27 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Subscription
  • 27 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Artist profile linked with old personal account, can't unlink

Hi, years ago I linked my band's artist profile to my personal Spotify account (not Facebook connected). The band has been inactive for a couple of years, so now when I tried to access the artist profile at artists.spotify.com, I couldn't access it b...

• ...omehow! For example, if I create a new public playlist on my personal account, it still shows up on the artist profile despite there being no apparent connection between these accounts anymore.   I h...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot change a country, no matter what I do.

Hi all, I'm an Israeli who lives in the Netherlands. I am a premium user of this amazing service using an iDEAL as a payment method (Dutch payment method). I'm moving back to Israel and trying to change the country in my subscription from the Netherl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   I'm an Israeli who lives in the Netherlands. I am a premium user of this amazing service using an iDEAL as a payment method (Dutch payment method).  I'm moving back to Israel a...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution KARTTAN HABERSİZ 167 TL ÇEKİLDİ

1 Mayıs günü spotify premium için kart bilgilerimi girerek ödeme yaptım.Fakat 13.99 tl yerine 167 tl çekildi.Bunun nedeni nedir?

• 1 Mayıs günü spotify premium için kart bilgilerimi girerek ödeme yaptım.Fakat 13.99 tl yerine 167 tl çekildi.Bunun nedeni nedir?
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Premium for Family account turned into Spotify free

I have had Spotify Premium for family for more than a year. Suddently, one of my family member's account turned into Spotify free without us doing anything. When I log in, the family member's account say's 'Active', but when she tries to log in with ...

• I have had Spotify Premium for family for more than a year. Suddently, one of my family member's account turned into Spotify free without us doing anything. When I log in, the family member's account...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution My account doesn't appear in search

So i was looking for my playlists from my friend's account so that he could have his first good share of music on first day of spotify, but none of them appeared.. Then i tried to look up my account, and that didn't show up either.What's broken here?...

• So i was looking for my playlists from my friend's account so that he could have his first good share of music on first day of spotify, but none of them appeared..  Then i tried to look up my a...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Quitting my $14.99 premium subscription due to offline/login issue

Well, I am sure this is a re-run topic for thousands of other previous Spotify customers, but I am NOT going to keep paying for a service where I have to unistall my app a couple times a month and then reinstall it and then re-download all my content...

• Well, I am sure this is a re-run topic for thousands of other previous Spotify customers, but I am NOT going to keep paying for a service where I have to unistall my app a couple times a month and th...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
    Unlimited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Login not possible

I deleted my facebook account and now no login with my passwort is possible. Reset my passwort is not possible and new registration is not possible as well as my email account is already in use. I have a premium account and dont want to get a new ema...

• Visitor
  • I deleted my facebook account and now no login with my passwort is possible. Reset my passwort is not possible and new registration is not possible as well as my email account is already in use. I ha...
  • kejt_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Genius lyrics

How to activate the Genius Lyrics in ios?

• How to activate the Genius Lyrics in ios?
  • kejt_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution premium hulu disappeared

Hi there! I've had spotify premium for a few months and I recently upgraded to take advantage of the Hulu bundle. Everything worked the first day and then a few days afterwards I tried to sign into Hulu and it said I needed to upgrade and their suppo...

• Hi there!   I've had spotify premium for a few months and I recently upgraded to take advantage of the Hulu bundle. Everything worked the first day and then a few days afterwards I tried to si...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution got an unwanted account

Hello, I got an unwanted second account without my playlists on the same Emailadress. I still can found my old profil with my playlists and with the connection to facebook. With the new account it's not possible to connect me with facebook because it...

• Hello,  I got an unwanted second account without my playlists on the same Emailadress. I still can found my old profil with my playlists and with the connection to facebook.  With the new...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to change country

Hey, Since I have moved back to Sweden from Ireland I wanted to change my country and payment options. The spotify help pages stated that I was supposed to be able to change country as a step in changing my payment options but unfortunately that func...

• Hey,   Since I have moved back to Sweden from Ireland I wanted to change my country and payment options. The spotify help pages stated that I was supposed to be able to change countr...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

password reset problem

I know my username but i forgot what email address i used, which resulted for me not knowing my password. (my account is not linked with facebook) i really need help to reset my password since i forgot what email address I've used. I REALLY NEED HELP

• I know my username but i forgot what email address i used, which resulted for me not knowing my password. (my account is not linked with facebook) i really need help to reset my password since i...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Help Please

I signed up with a wrong email and i dont know my password, now i cant reset it or log on

• I signed up with a wrong email and i dont know my password, now i cant reset it or log on
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Account name

I'm trying to get my name changed but I'm not wanting to make a new account, any tips?

• I'm trying to get my name changed but I'm not wanting to make a new account, any tips? 
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Switched From Premium to family

My dad had a Premium account and wanted to add me to it. We discovered you had to do a family plan, so he signed up for that and added me. I'm concerned that since he didn't cancel his first premium account, he is now going to be charged for 2 accoun...

• My dad had a Premium account and wanted to add me to it. We discovered you had to do a family plan, so he signed up for that and added me. I'm concerned that since he didn't cancel his first premium ...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

credit card/ country selection

Hey, I currently am in the US for another two months, and I would like to upgrade my account to premium. I do not have a US credit card though and I cannot change my account to Germany as I am already in the US. Is there no way for me to upgrade then...

• Hey,   I currently am in the US for another two months, and I would like to upgrade my account to premium. I do not have a US credit card though and I cannot change my account to Germany as I ...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Facebook connected account lost my email

i accidentaly started a new account with the same email my premium facebook connected account used at that time and now i cant login into the desktop app (because i also have the linux specific "log in with Facebook " button not working bug )any idea...

• Visitor
  • i accidentaly started a new account with the same email my premium facebook connected account used at that time and now i cant login into the desktop app (because i also have the linux specific "log ...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes