Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

deleted playlist by unlink facebook

Solved!

deleted playlist by unlink facebook

Hello I hope someone reads this...wanting to unlink my facebook account ,delete spotify app of facebook I try logging in to spotify .and I see that I take my account as a new account  ,this is horrible because I have very many playlist and it was premium user ,Please  this can not be happening  :(( 😞  my life are these playlist please helpme 

my email is djzhanzen@hotmail.com 

this is the code I was using premium and now it appears that I'm freee 😞

CODE: BHNYXNB39BB

User : Zhanzen Zhan 

Hola espero alguien pueda leer esto, queriendo desvincular mi cuenta de facebook de spotify elimine la aplicación "spotify" ,luego me intento loguear y veo que aparece que tengo una cuenta nueva, esto no puede ser , porque yo era premium y tengo mi vida en esos playlist,porfavor alguien ayudeme a restaurar mi cuenta premium y mis playlist.. gracias

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Peter

I heard back from Shirly at customer service - she was able to move my playlists over to  my new account! Yay!

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Same here, was Premium but now it says I am a Free user after trying to unlink from Facebook.

But I am still charged as a Premium user !! And no answer from the support since 10 days... This is unacceptable.

Hi guys, 

The Spotify application on your Facebook account acts as a bridge between the two services mapping your Facebook login details to your Spotify account behind the scenes - that app must remain in place to continue to use Spotify on that account. 

Unfortunately, you will need the help of the accounts team to get back up and running. You can get in touch with them directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand via email.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

If it's been more than 48 hours since you replied to the automated email, please post your 8-digit case number here (it is in the automated reply) and we can escalate it further manually for you. The accounts team can also help you migrate to a non-Facebook Spotify login account if you mention it when you get in touch.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm answering from another account as it seems I'm not linked to FB anymore (I followed the advice from @eyekeyshoe here http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Unlink-account-from-Facebook/td-p/75...).

I appear as a Premium user once again.

I just asked the accounts team to forget my requests asking to delete my account in order to recreate a new one not linked to FB.

For the record, the corresponding 8-digit case numbers :

# 01387799

# 01399867

# 01408103

Hope everything will be OK.

I've escalated this to the Spotify guys to make sure your latest case gets to the right hands.

Peter

Hi there,

I can confirm that your case is in queue and awaiting a response. Someone should be back in touch shortly 🙂
--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Thank you both !

Pero nadie me respondió a mi y yo soy el del problema

I am having the same problem! I adjusted my app settings on facebook and all of a sudden I was logged out of Spotify. When I logged back in, it was like I had a brand new account. I had been a Premium user, but now all of "My Songs" and playlists are gone, and it thinks I am a free user.

I submitted a help request, but just got the auto reply email back.

Thanks for your help!

Just reply directly to that automated reply @clairesquare even if it is from a no-reply address and a member of the team will be in touch shortly.

Peter

OK I did! Fingers crossed they can restore/reconnect my account! I'm kicking myself for not writing down my playlists. I didn't realize how much Facebook and Spotify were connected.

Thanks Peter

HI Peter

How long should I expect to wait befor I hear from customer service? It's been a couple of days with no response. My case # is # 01872185. I jus got an email notofication with new songs from an artist I follow on my account - which gives me hope my account info is out there somewhere, just not connected to my facebook login

Thanks for your help!

@clairesquare - Sorry for the delay, I will ask someone to check it out for you now.

Peter

Marked as solution

Hi Peter

I heard back from Shirly at customer service - she was able to move my playlists over to  my new account! Yay!

Excellent! Glad to hear it. 🙂

Peter

Hello, same problem. I deleted my facebook account and all my playlists have dispeared. How can I get my playlist back ? Thank you

@Poponne

My suggestion would be for you to create a new account with different email address from the one you use for facebook. That will give you a Spotify username, so you won't have to rely on facebook anymore.

You can create it here:

https://www.spotify.com/signup/

Once you have this new account, contact customer support and they'll help you migrate your Premium privileges (if have them), library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

If you like you can link this new account to your facebook again, but now you won't have to rely in the facebook login process, since you'll have your very own Spotify username.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts