Premium

Country

Malaysia

Device

Galaxy Note 9

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

My account had an unauthorized login from United States which was obviously not where I'm currently in, and my Premium subscription plan has changed to Family Plan and there was also an user added to the family member which I was never aware of. Since I never made this change myself, I want to get a refund for being charged for the family plan. Plus, why don't you implement 2 way authentication when making a change in plans and payment? This kind of thing has happened to me a few times and most times I wasn't even aware of the hackers access to my account.

2 Replies

Hello q09_1wcufos,

Unfortunately we can't help you solve this issue in the Spotify Community, since this is an issue related to payments and refunds, which can be found here.

You should find an answer there, and may fill in a form to contact an Spotify agent.

Have a nice day!

Hi @q09_-1wcufos,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

If you see suspicious activity on your account (such as in the case of a change to your subscription), I highly recommend following all the steps provided in this support article, including getting in touch with Spotify Support. Spotify Support should be able to change your subscription plan back to Premium, as well as refund you.

I also highly recommend reading this support article regarding how to protect your Spotify account as well. 

Regarding 2-factor authentication, there is currently an Idea for implementing this under consideration by Spotify, which you can add your +VOTE for here. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented, and you can read more about how feedback on Ideas reaches Spotify here.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts