Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Log in failed"

Solved!

"Log in failed"

I am entering the correct information on my GEAR S2 smartwatch on the spotify app and its saying login failed?  i tried logging in via facebook and spotify, neither worked. "log in failed"  thats it. what the **bleep**.  i pay for premium. why wont it work

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I think I figured it out.  I'm not sure which step did it, but here's what I did.

On the Gear S2, I went into my settings>connections.  I turned off bluetooth.  I turned off mobile networks.  I was then able to go into the WiFi, turn it on, and went down to WiFi Networks.  I hit Scan, found my SSID, and put in the password.  I put the WIfi on auto, went back to mobile networks, and set it back to auto, and then I turned blutooth back on.

Then I tried to put in my Facebook email/password, and it worked.  I have to 2 factor authentication, so I had to go through all of those steps, too.  I recieved a unique password texted back, and used that to finish logging in.

I hope this helps.  🙂

View solution in original post

29 Replies

Hey ZoroarkLE!

Make sure you pair your Gear device to your smartphone through Bluetooth. You can do this with the Samsung Gear mobile app, available through your app store. You also need to have Spotify installed on your smartphone.

To install Spotify on your Samsung Gear or Gear Fit device:

1. From the Home screen, tap Apps.
  2. Tap Samsung Gear.
  3. Tap Samsung Galaxy Apps
  4. Tap ESSENTIALS
  5. Search for Spotify and tap the Download icon. 
  6. Tap ACCEPT AND DOWNLOAD

Note: Only Samsung Gear S2, Gear S3

Side Note: Through this process I have never experienced having to log in on the watch itself.

Marked as solution

I think I figured it out.  I'm not sure which step did it, but here's what I did.

On the Gear S2, I went into my settings>connections.  I turned off bluetooth.  I turned off mobile networks.  I was then able to go into the WiFi, turn it on, and went down to WiFi Networks.  I hit Scan, found my SSID, and put in the password.  I put the WIfi on auto, went back to mobile networks, and set it back to auto, and then I turned blutooth back on.

Then I tried to put in my Facebook email/password, and it worked.  I have to 2 factor authentication, so I had to go through all of those steps, too.  I recieved a unique password texted back, and used that to finish logging in.

I hope this helps.  🙂

Hello, I have same problem but still, i can't login. 😞

I solved it,

Problem is login name ! If you're type e-mail address , not accept  ! You have to enter Login name like " 234rnfksjndf3...." which is shown in the spotify web.

this does work (entering in your username rather than your email) but using the email worked yesterday? I logged all my devices out, and now have to type in that wack **bleep** username on all the devices to get them to login. Please fix this asap!

No, firstly i'm trying to login with e-mail address and this is failed. Also tried clear offline devices on spotify web and than restart devices but still failed. And last attempt is changing login name e-mail to spotify login name like " 12ehjnfekrf24rxxxxx " and it's success..

Regards.

I just got my Gear s3 and couldn't log in for my life. I just did this and it worked, thnaks for the tip! Really helped. Spotify and even FB really need to fix the log in style, make it easier than it is.

I am glad it helped. I was extremely frustrated myself with this when I was
dealing with it.

where did u find that id?

The "login failed" error went away after I rebooted my Gear 2.  I didn't even have to log in on the watch at that point.

I had my phone stolen and had to get a replacement phone and go through all the set up again and after updating spotify for the gear fit 2, etc, got the same message you did.  Just turned on bluetooth for both (obviously had a successful pairing and phone recognized my watch), opened Spotify on my phone and started playing a song, hit the spotify button on my watch, and voila, didn't have to go through log in as it just recognized spotify via bluetooth.  Frustrating that you can't download your spotify playlist to the watch even with a premium paid Spotify subscription,  but at least I have the ability to control the app through the watch.  Also frustrating...that the spotify and samsung official help portals can't answer this question.  Do they even use their own tech?  Have a nice day

Additionally, I was using my email name as user name (duh).  After imputing my actual user name for Spotify and spotify password, all is well, Still can't download to watch, but at least all the functunality this watch can do is available now. 

Thank you all for contributing to figuring out this frustrating glitch. I could not login with email user name via the Facebook or Spotify options either. I did the reboot trick on my Gear Fit and when I opened spotify after the reboot, I did not have to login. I assume it gets the credentials via the phone. 

I connected directly to my wifi then logged on with the username they created which is on the website.......now I'm connected

Não estava conseguindo conectar na conta premium do spotify pelo Facebook no meu gear, consegui por outro caminho. Inicialmente verifique se está conectado por bluetooth com o celular e se o gear está conectado na rede wifi. Entre na "visão geral da conta" no Spotify web> "definir senha para dispositivos " > "mandar email..." > defina a senha que deseja. No gear entre no app Spotify e faça o login pelo spotify e não pelo facebook. Utilize o "nome de usuário de dispositivo" (exemplo: 116348...)  e a senha de dispositivo que definiu e finish. Estará logado! 
Demorei bastante tempo pra descobrir isso !

Go to Spotify Account profile on web. Select Set Device password and complete the step. Then, Use the number username and the new password that you created. On Fit2 select login (not facebook option) and introduce the numer username and the password created for devices. Now you are able to use spotify on Gear Fit again with a wifi connection.

What no one from spotify will tell you, is that you have to create a device password from your account using a web browser.   once thats done it'll work right away  with the 465a4fgzg4654  username they'll give you.

I lost so much time on this -_-

I have  a Samsung Gear Fit Pro and had same problem. I tried disconnecting bluetooth and wifi and then turn wifi on. Found my network and entered password. Then I turned bluetooth on again and Spotify now works. 

Thanks for the tip! 

David 

and which password do you use? your facebook password?

Suggested posts