Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Car head unit status-bar overlaps menu

[Android] Car head unit status-bar overlaps menu

Auto hide the navigation bar when on full screen so the "Home" option can be accessed. With the latest install the "Home" button can't be selected because the navigation bar overlaps the application "Home" button.

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-09 at 19.17.38.jpeg

• device: sp9853i-1h10_vmm (Car head Unit)
  • OS version: 9.0 - 0_MR1 API Level 27
  • exact Spotify version: 8.5.85.894
20 Replies

I have this problem too. Also the Status-bar now overlaps a little the spotifys search button.
I have Avinusa for BMW unit: https://avinusa.com/8-8-multimedia-navigation-system-for-bmw-3-series-e90-e91-e92-e93.html
Problem appeared after updating the app a while ago.

Me too. Put it back to the bottom, or at least give us the option, buttons are too close together and home button is under notification bar. Device  is Joying intel head unit running Android 8.1.

15981239828289032526535344473864.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

First, we'd recommend trying a  reinstall of the app on your device.

If after that you’re still having trouble with this, could you provide us with the following info if you already haven't:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version

Once we have that, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Thanks!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Reinstalled the app and the same issue happens.

Here goes the details:

• OS version: 9.0 - 0_MR1 API Level 27
  • exact Spotify version: 8.5.85.894

Hey @farpudo,

Thanks for getting back to us and the info 🙂

@n1em1nen and @Colonel_001, We'd suggest you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

If the issue persists, could you provide us with the info @Elena mentioned? Then we can pass it on to the right team. The folks there can investigate this further.

Thanks!

Ver Moderator

Hey folks,

Since we haven't heard back from you in a while, we'll be moving this thread back to the Help section.

If you're still experiencing this issue, make sure to provide us with the following info so that we can continue with the investigation:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • make and model of the car head unit

Cheers!

Hi @Peter and @Ver, also FYI @Elena :

I did a clean reinstall by following the steps you provided.

However the issue still persists.

device + OS version: 

This is the device I have: https://avinusa.com/8-8-multimedia-navigation-system-for-bmw-3-series-e90-e91-e92-e93.html

Android version 10

exact Spotify version:

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_2020-12-06_120048.jpg
Screenshot_2020-12-12_080927.jpg
Screenshot_2020-12-12_081039.jpg

Hey @n1em1nen and @farpudo,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far and providing the requested details. We're currently gathering as many reports of this issue as possible in order to get it reported to the right folks.

To that end @Colonel_001 could you please also include the exact Spotify version you have installed. If the issue got resolved for you in the meantime, we'd apricate it if you leave a comment with the solution so that other users can give it a go.

Keep us posted. We’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

@Mihail  Many of us already give the information requested, can you move forward with this issue?

Hey, also having issues with my car Android Hu. Same as described above. Using version 8.5.88.883.

Thanks.

Hi @Mihail,

I also have the same problem with Spotify in tablet mode. As you can see on the attached photo, the only problem is the sidebar on the left. The system that I use has a different menu than the others who reported the problem before me, but the problem is the same. The right side of the window is in perfect position, the bottom of the left side bar is also good, but the top of the sidebar is overlapped. And in my case, I cannot use the Home and Search functions, so Spotify is not usable. I already tried to reinstall Spotify, and I still have the problem.

Here are the details:

• OS version: 8.1 Oreo - API Level 27
  • exact Spotify version: 8.5.89.901

I can see that this case was opened on the 10th of November, and there is no solution yet for the bug. Could you guys have a look on the problem, since a few of us now are waiting for the solution? 

Many thanks!

Screenshot 2020-12-24 at 18.22.12.png

Hi some news about this issue? Received a new update of spotify but the problem continues.

Same here, would be great to have old working UI back.

Hey @farpudo and @n1em1nen,

Thanks for reaching out. 

We appreciate your report about this behavior and passed it along to the right folks at out developer team. As we've seen only intermittent reports of this issue, we can't say if and when exactly this will be fixed, but we do recommend that you always keep the app up to date with the latest version. That way you'll make use of all features and fixes, as soon as they are made available.

To everyone experiencing this, we would appreciate you providing the info that @Peter requested. The more examples we have, the quicker we'll be able to get to the bottom of this. 

Thanks in advance, we'll keep an eye out for your replies. 

Mihail Moderator

Still having the same issue. Any idea when this will be fixed? 

This can be fixed with this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.draco.immersive&hl=en_GB&gl=US

You need to run and adb command and only way i could get that to work was to connect adb via PC on same wi-fi network. Use command "adb connect IP_ADDRESS_OF_HEAD_UNIT"

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/official-tool-windows-adb-fastboot-and-drivers-15-seconds-adb-ins...

Tested with mine work working perfectly, much better to hide that annoying huge nav bar 

any official solution?

Nothing until now.
Post you system hardware details and spotify version.

hi, thanks for answering 

attached info, Spotify last version 

weird that a year passed and this issue still exists

1639516851766.jpg
1639516851784.jpg

Suggested posts