Free

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Huawei Honor 7

Operating System

Android

My Issue

I've came back to my device only to find that a Premium Advertisement overlay is displayed on my spotify menu and it will not clear.

Any attempts to clear the Ad only activate menus behind the overlay.

Screenshot_2019-04-29-19-21-30.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey,

welcome to the Spotify Community! I'm happy to assist you! 🙂

First, please head over to the Play Store and check for an update. Please also tell me what Spotify app's version you are on.

In case you are on the latest one or updating doesn't help, you may go to your device's settings --> Apps --> Spotify --> Force stop. At least this pop-up should be gone as soon as you reopen Spotify.

If it appears everytime you open Spotify after a complete force stop and it still can't be dismissed, please try a clean reinstall.

Please do not hestite to reach back to me, if you need further assistance.

Keep rocking!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey,

First, please head over to the Play Store and check for an update. Please also tell me what Spotify app's version you are on.

In case you are on the latest one or updating doesn't help, you may go to your device's settings --> Apps --> Spotify --> Force stop. At least this pop-up should be gone as soon as you reopen Spotify.

If it appears everytime you open Spotify after a complete force stop and it still can't be dismissed, please try a clean reinstall.

Keep rocking!

Marked as solution

Hey,

Keep rocking!

Hello there and thank you for the timely response.

App version is 8.5.3.716

Last updated on 26th April

"Force Stop" the app is only a temporary solution.

This issue has happened several times over the last 2 weeks and seems to occur while the spotify app is accessed again after it has been running in the background.

A more permanent solution is desirable

Suggested posts