Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't select a song to play

Solved!

Can't select a song to play

Hi,

I have spotify family premium plan and I can't select a song or playlist to play on my phone. I have an android phone and I think after the recent update, it started happening.

Everything works fine on desktop or on my laptop. I'm not sure if this is issue with my phone or spotify app.

To clearify, when I select a song or playlist I want to play, instead of playing the song or going into the playlist, it opens up a menu asking me if I want to unfollow, download, share, etc. and I can't play any songs. It's like I'm holding down the selected song or playlist instead of playing it. The only way I was able to play anything was to search for an artist then start shuffle or start a radio then start playing.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm going to guess that you've set forced RTL in developer options or are using a RTL (Right to Left) system language such as Hebrew, Urdu etc. If so, you need to either turn off forced RTL or change the system language to English or another non-RTL language for now.

I have reported this new bug here. Please add your support there, thanks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

To add to my message earlier, I've tried relogging into the app and uninstalling it from my phone then installing it again and it's still the same issue.

Marked as solution

I'm going to guess that you've set forced RTL in developer options or are using a RTL (Right to Left) system language such as Hebrew, Urdu etc. If so, you need to either turn off forced RTL or change the system language to English or another non-RTL language for now.

I have reported this new bug here. Please add your support there, thanks.

oh man is this the reason?

I just wanted to use the phone for left handed people...man thats too bad

Suggested posts