Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing downloaded tracks

Missing downloaded tracks

I downloaded quite a few songs on my phone. today, at turn on my mobile, half of the songs appeared as "ready to download" songs I had already downloaded like it was erased. Is it a bug? It bothers me as they are about 500 songs I downloaded from my mobile network and i do not accept the simple answer that " have been erased." all my applications and files are there, as if nothing had happened. So sad that Spotify has no customer service being a service we paid.

4 Replies

You must log into your Spotify account at least every 30 days to maintain downloaded music.

However, yes, disappearing music is a known bug and the subject of repeated posts on this forum. I have lost as many as 1000+ Tracks overnight

This is my very first time, since few months being premium. 

I log in every day. No sense.

woodandrew90 schrieb:

You must log into your Spotify account at least every 30 days to maintain downloaded music.

However, yes, disappearing music is a known bug and the subject of repeated posts on this forum. I have lost as many as 1000+ Tracks overnight

As long as I'm a paying customer I dont want to be forced to login at least every 30 days to maintain my downloaded music!

And loosing downloaded songs is absolutely inacceptable, it's a no-go!

I know I'm a whiner in this forum, but this wont stop before Spotify does its home work 🙂

Helo there, in case anyone is still having this issue I want to comment on how I got it fixed.

Issue: When downloading albums the mobile app showed them as being downloaded and after finishing, half an hour later every downloaded song was gone, as if it had never been downloaded in the first place.

I even switched phones and this kept happening, using my same premium spotify user.

My way to solve it:

I noticed that when trying to download some albums, I got the "Epic collection, friend..." message, the one i got when i reached the limit of saved songs/albums.

So I deleted the app cache, uninstalled it, restarted the phone and then reinstalled it and started removing albums from my saved collection (do not confuse with the downloaded albums) and voila, since then, I've been able to download and maintain the downloaded songs.

I hope this helps someone being annoyed by Spotify's stupid bugs as I was.

Suggested posts