Device

Samsung Galaxy Edge 7

Operating System

Android Oreo 8.0

Samsung Experience Version 9.0

My Question or Issue

The Spotify app keeps on shutting down.

I already tried to:

1. Delate data and cache, delate some specific files on the device , uninstall and reinstall. I tried this twice.
  2. Restart, delating cache again and again.
  3. Battery: Making the Spotify app not suitable of Battery optimization

None of the two worked. And it is all the information and tips I have been able to find anywhere.

Can anyone help me? I am premium and I cant use the app Im paying for.

Thanks

5 Replies

same here. My app shuts down/creashes when used for  about 15-30 seconds after opening. However, i tried  a new profile & the problem has stopped. It appears to be a profile issue , not a cache/app problem. Not sure if there is data etc elsewhere in the app you can clear, otherwise  close/cancel your existing profile & launch a new one. 

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, I will try it but the fact is that I am premium, and I have just paid for the month

I will think a way ...

And yes, 15 to 30 seconds is the issue for me too

I can understand just paying for it. Timing is everything. Keep your
existing profile but launch a new one just to trouble shoot first. If it
fixes it at least you know what the problem is. Cheers

My issue is that Spotify will run anywhere from a few minutes up to an hour and then just shut down. I've been a premium user for about 4 years and this has been a problem for the past 9 months or so. 

Hey @retrorick,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall on the devices to see if that makes a difference?

In case you're using an SD card on your phone, you can try removing it, reinstalling Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Sometimes the SD card can lead to issues with the cache.

In case the issue persists, it's also a good idea to try with another account on the same devices. Are there any changes?

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts