Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20+

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

So, this is sort of a strange issue to describe, but I've been having it for several weeks. At random intervals, my phone will get stuck showing a singular song, and have this ridiculous "song length" (presumably accounting for the whole of the active playlist/anything it's interacted with since). I don't have any issues with the actual music playing, though. It's fine in that regard. It just doesn't update. For instance, in the provided screenshot, I'm listening to a different song altogether than from what's been displayed (this has been stuck since yesterday). Typically forcestopping the app and restarting it might fix it, but only temporarily, and it's not usually annoying enough to motivate that unless I'm struggling to click into a searched song to add it or something.

I've had Spotify for years now, never had this issue in the past, so I just assume it's a glitched update. Regardless, I hope this gets resolved somehow haha.

Screenshot_20201022-122917_Spotify.png
1 Reply

Hey there @_lunamnis

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread.

In case force stopping and restarting Spotify resolves the issue temporarily make sure you try a clean reinstall of the app on your Samsung device. This will get you the latest app version with all necessary updates as well as remove any corrupted data from previous installations which might cause this issue. 

If this persists after the clean reinstall, check if any battery optimization or data cleaning apps and settings run active on your phone. Make sure you disable them since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Suggested posts