Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app stops playing after 20 mins

Solved!

Spotify app stops playing after 20 mins

Hi,

My Spotify app plays for about 20 mins then stops. I then have to restart my playlist. Never had this problem before. I am on Android using a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I am a premium user not that that should make any difference.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I've found a solution that works with my phone, Galaxy S6

This weekend I found out that not only Spotify stops after playing some 5 numbers, but also my other musicplayers. Even when I play music with Firefox it stops after a few songs. So a new search on the internet to solve this problem began.

I've found that my S6 automatically saves batterylife and that that might be the problem. Go to your settings, battery, App optimalisation, Details. Go to Spotify or other musicplayers and turn of App optimalisation.

View solution in original post

36 Replies

Hey @Sc0ttb88! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound quite right.

Have you tried reinstalling your app? If not here's a step by step tutorial.

Let us know if that helps, thanks!

Peace ^^

Same problem here. The apps silently just closes after about 3 or 4 songs. No error message, nothing. This is so frustrating and unacceptable for premium users paying for a service. On iOS the app works perfectly.

It doesn't help. I've had the same problem for the last few weeks. About 4 songs play and then the app just dies. Over and over again.

I have the same problem with Spotify on my LG G4. It suddenly stops without any error message after 15-20 mins... When restarting the app / the playlist it works again for about 15-20 mins just to suddenly stop again. This is so annoying... 

The problem first appeared about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Before that time, Spotify worked perfect on my phone.

Doesn't make a difference. How can I escalate this to get it solved. Paying £10 a month I expect more.

I can't believe it's been weeks and one more day now and this problem hasn't been solved. This is waht I call a big waste of money. Spotify is going down the drain. What's worse, not fixing or not even acknowledging the problem? I'm begining to regret this Premium subscription.

How do I escalate it? I am cancelling tomorrow if I can't get it fixed as it is useless cutting off!

I am experiencing the same problem. Only started after the most recent update. I will also be cancelling my subscription unless this gets fixed quickly.

I am too cosidering to cancel my subscription. This is just unacceptable.

That's me cancelled. I have Amazon Prime so just trying it for a while instead.

App crashes silently and randomly for me as well. Galaxy S6.

I contacted Spotify and all they could do was recommend me to uninstall the app and install it again. PATHETIC!

Same problem on my LG G4. This, and the BT und earphone-Bug must be fixed at first. 

We don't need BMW-Support 😉

Hey @Sc0ttb88@zahni@xankazo@Apof@vgiorgio25

This doesn't seem very nice, lets try find out whats happening here:

1. Have You tried a  clean reinstall? (Note: This will remove any saved offline tracks and cache)
  2.  If the clean reinstall does not solve your problem:

• What Device are you using?
  • What is your current OS version?
  • What is your current Spotify App Version?
  • How can we reproduce the issue?
  • Any Additional Information you think we should know?

Thanks Guys! 

I Hope To Hear From You Soon! 🙂

Jean,

I did a clean reinstall and am still having this issue. I agree that it seems to have started after a recent update. Please let your tech team know that there is a major bug right now that is losing you customers.

Oh I have a note 4, running Android version 4.4.4 (kitkat), Spotify version 4.1.0.868. No idea how you can repeat it.

LG G4 German Version latest Firmware V10d, no root or unlock.

Problem since "BMW-Support" or "Chromcast"-Support, not sure.

Latest App Version from Play Store.

I had already removed Cache & Data in one of the past versions, no luck

I personally think about a wake look problem.

LG G4 (H815P) here.

Please look at the feedback on Play Store since the latest update. There are a lot of people reporting the same problem. I am not reinstalling this app and having to download numerous tracks again because of a fault with the latest update that has been rolled out by Spotify.

Sony D6503
Android version 5.1.1
Spotify version 4.1.0.868

I have just checked the Play Store feedback just now - I think it is fair to say that more than 50% of recent feedback, i.e. since the latest update, is about the same problem. The app just stops playing after a few tracks. It seems to be quite unpredictable as to when it happens so I'm not sure how you go about reproducing this fault. Please just fix it quickly as it is clearly affecting a LOT OF PEOPLE!!!

Suggested posts