Announcements
We’re experiencing issues with Premium subscriptions and redeeming gift Cards. This is being actively investigated. Subscribe to this thread here for updates.

Spotify app stops playing after 20 mins

Solved!

Spotify app stops playing after 20 mins

Sc0ttb88
Casual Listener
Hi,

My Spotify app plays for about 20 mins then stops. I then have to restart my playlist. Never had this problem before. I am on Android using a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I am a premium user not that that should make any difference.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Spotify app stops playing after 20 mins

jereng
Casual Listener

I've found a solution that works with my phone, Galaxy S6

This weekend I found out that not only Spotify stops after playing some 5 numbers, but also my other musicplayers. Even when I play music with Firefox it stops after a few songs. So a new search on the internet to solve this problem began.

I've found that my S6 automatically saves batterylife and that that might be the problem. Go to your settings, battery, App optimalisation, Details. Go to Spotify or other musicplayers and turn of App optimalisation.

View solution in original post

36 Replies

Nico
Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hey @Sc0ttb88! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound quite right.

Have you tried reinstalling your app? If not here's a step by step tutorial.

Let us know if that helps, thanks!

Peace ^^

NicoRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

xankazo
Roadie
Same problem here. The apps silently just closes after about 3 or 4 songs. No error message, nothing. This is so frustrating and unacceptable for premium users paying for a service. On iOS the app works perfectly.

iankhunter
Regular
It doesn't help. I've had the same problem for the last few weeks. About 4 songs play and then the app just dies. Over and over again.

trustyx146
Casual Listener

I have the same problem with Spotify on my LG G4. It suddenly stops without any error message after 15-20 mins... When restarting the app / the playlist it works again for about 15-20 mins just to suddenly stop again. This is so annoying... 

The problem first appeared about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Before that time, Spotify worked perfect on my phone.

Sc0ttb88
Casual Listener
Doesn't make a difference. How can I escalate this to get it solved. Paying £10 a month I expect more.

xankazo
Roadie

I can't believe it's been weeks and one more day now and this problem hasn't been solved. This is waht I call a big waste of money. Spotify is going down the drain. What's worse, not fixing or not even acknowledging the problem? I'm begining to regret this Premium subscription.

Sc0ttb88
Casual Listener
How do I escalate it? I am cancelling tomorrow if I can't get it fixed as it is useless cutting off!

vgiorgio25
Casual Listener
I am experiencing the same problem. Only started after the most recent update. I will also be cancelling my subscription unless this gets fixed quickly.

xankazo
Roadie
I am too cosidering to cancel my subscription. This is just unacceptable.
SUGGESTED POSTS