Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashing on android

Solved!

Spotify crashing on android

I have an samsung xcover 3, where the spotify app tends to crash randomly. After a few minutes of playing it just stops. When checking phone app is not showing, nor is it in the recently opened apps/running in the background.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That solution is for android v6, I have v5. 

I connected my phone to a pc and used samsung kies to update the firmware. After that I have not had any problems with spotify crashing. This could be a co-incidence, as the problem was not a very regular one, but it seems to have disappeared.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

I have a similar problem. I can start Spotify on my Nexus 6, but when I try to tap anywhere, e.g., play a play list, pull down menu, etc., the app seems to crash.

@chuckdsk could your issue be related to this?

@joe That was indeed the problem. It's disappointing that this no longer works properly...

Sorry, but I marked this thread as a solution, but I do not think it solved the problem in the original post. Can we unmark it as solved?

Done 🙂

@Fiskaa91 wrote:
I have an samsung xcover 3, where the spotify app tends to crash randomly. After a few minutes of playing it just stops. When checking phone app is not showing, nor is it in the recently opened apps/running in the background.

@Fiskaa91 are you running a cache cleaner or battery saver app which might be closing spotify?

I haven't installed any, no. Is it possible that pre-installed samsung/android software could be the culprit?

Take a look at this post to see if it helps.

Thank you so much. I've been trying to figure out what was going on for a month, and I had no idea Force RTL was even a thing. And I actually like my phone better with Force RTL off.

Thanks @sb10929 for making me laugh 🙂

Marked as solution

That solution is for android v6, I have v5. 

I connected my phone to a pc and used samsung kies to update the firmware. After that I have not had any problems with spotify crashing. This could be a co-incidence, as the problem was not a very regular one, but it seems to have disappeared.

Suggested posts