Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is there no background change?

So in Android, a cool thing is that when listening to songs, Spotify will change the background to the songs cover. But on my A5 (2017) there's only the playbox, no change in background? I use S themes for backgrounds and such.

• So in Android, a cool thing is that when listening to songs, Spotify will change the background to the songs cover. But on my A5 (2017) there's only the playbox, no change in background? I use S them...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

plan familiar premium

Hola yo tengo la cuenta premium de el plan familiar , quisiera saber qué tengo que hacer, por que yo que no soy la titular ya no tengo premium , y mi hermana de nuevo me mandó la solicitud para volver a tenerlo pero me dice que no tengo la misma dire...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola yo tengo la cuenta premium de el plan familiar , quisiera saber qué tengo que hacer, por que yo que no soy la titular ya no tengo premium , y mi hermana de nuevo me mandó la solicitud para volve...
  • fesa1289
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Can Actually Do Offline Scrobbles to Last.fm?

Hey, users from Last.fm!Anytime have you noticed that Spotify can actually do offline scrobbles? I have and I think it's because have to do some online scrobbles before you get offline — I don't know why reached in this conclusion, but I feel it work...

• Hey, users from Last.fm! Anytime have you noticed that Spotify can actually do offline scrobbles? I have and I think it's because have to do some online scrobbles before you get offline — I don't kn...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The Plus Next to Songs

I thought clicking the + adds the song to my library. But I can't find those songs. So what does it do?

• Regular
  • I thought clicking the + adds the song to my library. But I can't find those songs. So what does it do?
  • dkelber
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

cant sync local files to mobile device.

hi guysi have tried to sync my local files on my computer to a playlist on my phone. i had songs in a playlist already synced and i wanted to add another song but it wouldnt work so i thought i would click the download buttom on the playlist and all ...

• Casual Listener
  • hi guys i have tried to sync my local files on my computer to a playlist on my phone. i had songs in a playlist already synced and i wanted to add another song but it wouldnt work so i thought i wou...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist of downloaded music

Hi! first of all sorry for my english. I'd like to buy spofity premium, but i got a question: For example: if i downloaded a music to play it in offline mode, after 1 month when my subscription has expired can i play this music / playlist without pro...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! first of all sorry for my english. I'd like to buy spofity premium, but i got a question: For example: if i downloaded a music to play it in offline mode, after 1 month when my subscript...
  • Russell22
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Help

Upgraded to s8plus, every time I log in, and I have premium, it log back out

• Upgraded to s8plus, every time I log in, and I have premium, it log back out
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium/ spotify not working even with basic troublshooting

I just bought spotify prem, and every time I go to play music it says I need to buy premium to play offline. I have the receipt, I logged off twice, i even restarted my phone several times. Even before I bought premium I had trouble playing music. HE...

• I just bought spotify prem, and every time I go to play music it says I need to buy premium to play offline. I have the receipt, I logged off twice, i even restarted my phone several times. Even befo...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android app deleting downloads each time

Hi all, Since a few days, my android app insists on deleting my downloads. I have checked my spotify account from the web and I have not offline devices. I download a playlist or an album on my android app and when I stop to listening to music and st...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   Since a few days, my android app insists on deleting my downloads. I have checked my spotify account from the web and I have not offline devices.   I download a play...
  • Akuyi
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Thumb Up/Down gets switched with Shuffle/Repeat when using Spotify Connect

Hi, like the title says,when i use spotify connect thumbs up/down are changed to shuffle/repeat, its my first week with spotify, is this normal? how am i supossed to vote for my songs?

Screenshot_20170602-183135.png Screenshot_20170602-183122.png
  •   Hi,   like the title says, when i use spotify connect thumbs up/down are changed to shuffle/repeat,       its my first week with spotify, is this normal...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify randomly pauses

Hello,I have recently started to live problem with Spotify on my Samsung Note 5 (SM-N920C). I have Android 7.0 version on my phone.The problem is that the music pauses randomly regardless of my phone is connected to my car's system on Bluetooth or no...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have recently started to live problem with Spotify on my Samsung Note 5 (SM-N920C). I have Android 7.0 version on my phone. The problem is that the music pauses randomly regardless of my...
  • Yeferson
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Why cant we just have simple playing now playlist

As the title says, a simple temporary playlist for what you want queue up to listen to now.The add to now playing is awful and get whole playlists instead of individual songs.Getting really frustrated with this.

• Casual Listener
  • As the title says, a simple temporary playlist for what you want queue up to listen to now. The add to now playing is awful and get whole playlists instead of individual songs. Getting really fru...
  • kdwg1308
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

geen opslagruimte gevonden

Als ik de app open, sluit ie gelijk weer. Opnieuw installeren of telefoon inschakelen helpt niet, ik heb overigens genoeg ruimte oo mijn telefoon en SD kaart. Wat kan ik hieraan doen?

• Casual Listener
  • Als ik de app open, sluit ie gelijk weer. Opnieuw installeren of telefoon inschakelen helpt niet, ik heb overigens genoeg ruimte oo mijn telefoon en SD kaart. Wat kan ik hieraan doen?
  • Lizzy-duck
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Loading spinners everywhere... takes almost a minute to load screens with strong network connection!

As of some recent release in the last month I've been having an awful experience on Android where it used to be amazing Specifically, I'll often be searching for results in the app, clicking on songs to load them, or loading Radio or Playlists. And i...

• Regular
  • As of some recent release in the last month I've been having an awful experience on Android where it used to be amazing 😞 Specifically, I'll often be searching for results in the app, clicking on ...
  • vitar
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

[FALSE ALARM]: Low quality (tinny voice) while on roaming mobile data (in Europe)

Oops, forgot to close/update this one. Turns out my earphones were broken! I'm currently traveling through Europe (I'm an Australian resident). Because I'm with Vodafone, I get a good deal on roaming and data limit is not an issue for me, also I get ...

• Oops, forgot to close/update this one. Turns out my earphones were broken! 😄   I'm currently traveling through Europe (I'm an Australian resident). Because I'm with Vodafone, I get a good dea...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading app

I have android kitkat 4.4.2 and it says my device isnt compatible for the download.P.s im using vpn because its not available in my country

• Casual Listener
  • I have android kitkat 4.4.2 and it says my device isnt compatible for the download. P.s im using vpn because its not available in my country
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

(Bug) Spotify won't not shuffle

I don't know how to say that better.Trying to listen to a playlist with albums in track order an is the most frustrating thing in the world. It will not work. Shuffles every time no matter what. Shuffle is definitely toggled off. Restarted the device...

• Casual Listener
  • I don't know how to say that better. Trying to listen to a playlist with albums in track order an is the most frustrating thing in the world. It will not work. Shuffles every time no matter what. Sh...
  • C_Notch
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggested Songs???

So this evening, after a long day, I wanted to relax in the hotel to some Beatles. So I put on Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. About 2 songs in, Spotify decided to be helpful and suggest other Beatles songs from albums I didn't want to listen ...

• So this evening, after a long day, I wanted to relax in the hotel to some Beatles. So I put on Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. About 2 songs in, Spotify decided to be helpful and suggest other...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify randomly pauses

My spotify app randomly pauses when I'm listening to music, I have a galaxy s6 if that helps. I also update the app whenever needed. Then when I go back to the app it'll start playing again

• My spotify app randomly pauses when I'm listening to music, I have a galaxy s6 if that helps. I also update the app whenever needed. Then when I go back to the app it'll start playing again
  • Andehh
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Listen Music And Play a Game

How can i listen a music and Play a game like Yugi-Oh Fiel Links, or Injustice, até same time? When i start a game, The music stop!

• How can i listen a music and Play a game like Yugi-Oh Fiel Links, or Injustice, até same time? When i start a game, The music stop!
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes