Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggested Songs???

So this evening, after a long day, I wanted to relax in the hotel to some Beatles. So I put on Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. About 2 songs in, Spotify decided to be helpful and suggest other Beatles songs from albums I didn't want to listen ...

• So this evening, after a long day, I wanted to relax in the hotel to some Beatles. So I put on Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. About 2 songs in, Spotify decided to be helpful and suggest other...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify randomly pauses

My spotify app randomly pauses when I'm listening to music, I have a galaxy s6 if that helps. I also update the app whenever needed. Then when I go back to the app it'll start playing again

• My spotify app randomly pauses when I'm listening to music, I have a galaxy s6 if that helps. I also update the app whenever needed. Then when I go back to the app it'll start playing again
  • Andehh
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Listen Music And Play a Game

How can i listen a music and Play a game like Yugi-Oh Fiel Links, or Injustice, até same time? When i start a game, The music stop!

• How can i listen a music and Play a game like Yugi-Oh Fiel Links, or Injustice, até same time? When i start a game, The music stop!
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there anyway to listen to my playlist with my data on and not use any data

I like to keep my data on for other apps. When listing to my playlist I sshould not have to use data since I pay for premium and the songs are already in my phone. Is there a way to change that. thankyou for the help

• I like to keep my data on for other apps. When listing to my playlist I sshould not have to use data since I pay for premium and the songs are already in my phone. Is there a way to change that. than...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify - Music will play only if I am actually in the app.

The problem:The music plays fine. The app works for the most part. The issue is once the song is done, the music will stop. The next song is ready to go. I am usually using another app while listening to music like Snapchat, Instagram, or a gaming ap...

• The problem: The music plays fine. The app works for the most part. The issue is once the song is done, the music will stop. The next song is ready to go. I am usually using another app while listen...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Won't skip ANY songs

My skip button has been greyed out for two days, regardless of how many times I restart my app.

• Casual Listener
  • My skip button has been greyed out for two days, regardless of how many times I restart my app.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

DOWNLOADED SONGS ARE MISSING AGAIN!

For the Nth time, downloaded songs on my account suddenly were all gone, it's not the first time! I'm paying for a premium subscription for almost a year now. Please fix this!

• For the Nth time, downloaded songs on my account suddenly were all gone, it's not the first time! I'm paying for a premium subscription for almost a year now. Please fix this!
  • EPIPHONE99
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't share to tumblr

Posting to Tumblr used to be easy and sharing from the spotify app directly to tumblr would create a post with a legible and user friendly box with the song title and album art and whatnot and now when i share to tumblr after my app updated, it just ...

• Posting to Tumblr used to be easy and sharing from the spotify app directly to tumblr would create a post with a legible and user friendly box with the song title and album art and whatnot and now wh...
  • jdbpogo
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why i haven't daily mix on my account?

Hiim usuing Spotify on my Android device and also on my desktop but i havn't "my daily mix" in my account.how do i active that on my account ? thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi im usuing Spotify on my Android device and also on my desktop but i havn't "my daily mix" in my account. how do i active that on my account ? 😞 thanks
  • rohammm
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

sound settings

I have set my spotify to an incredibly bad sound out of spotify .. understands that on the phone it plays a nice sound but when it's going to play in my earphone or chromecast it's terribly bad sound. I think I've got a click on something that I do n...

• Casual Listener
  • I have set my spotify to an incredibly bad sound out of spotify .. understands that on the phone it plays a nice sound but when it's going to play in my earphone or chromecast it's terribly bad sound...
  • cadmielp
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! S8 No password required to open phone while using spotify

I reckon I did this by mistake - messing with settings. But when I'm running Spotify there is no password required to unlock my phone. I like to have my phone passworded at all times but can't figure out how to change this setting back at all. I've l...

• Casual Listener
  • I reckon I did this by mistake - messing with settings.   But when I'm running Spotify there is no password required to unlock my phone.   I like to have my phone passworded at all time...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

All downloaded albums disappear from android phone daily

Starting recently and with greater regularly (now daily) I find that all the downloaded albums have deleted from my android phone. Strangely playlists are not affected, but every day this week I find all my albums have gone. I download them again ove...

• Starting recently and with greater regularly (now daily) I find that all the downloaded albums have deleted from my android phone. Strangely playlists are not affected, but every day this week I find...
  • Fergal2808
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Android app - Wake lock

Hello! I wanted to give some (android) developer feedback since I recently discovered that even though I had spotify installed on my Samsung S6 Edge+ (SM-G926F), I have not opened or used spotify, and it uses ± 90mb of data per month, and 3hr and 30m...

• Hello!   I wanted to give some (android) developer feedback since I recently discovered that even though I had spotify installed on my Samsung S6 Edge+ (SM-G926F), I have not opened or used&nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Equalizer not showing up on new phone

I use to have a Samsung phone and I switched to LG. On the Sansung I had the option to an equalizer where as the LG I don't have that option.

• I use to have a Samsung phone and I switched to LG. On the Sansung I had the option to an equalizer where as the LG I don't have that option. 
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! S8 Doesn't show playback controls in notification panel

Hi, I got the S8 recently and once I received it I did what most people should do, is mess around in the settings and find cool things out about what your phone can actually do. In doing so, I probably messed up Spotify. As now the " '<<' '>' '>>' " ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I got the S8 recently and once I received it I did what most people should do, is mess around in the settings and find cool things out about what your phone can actually do.   In ...
  • monkeh_studio
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

I can't see the full Behind the Lyrics feature

The bottom of the box for the lyrics feature on my phone is hidden so I can't see the last line of lyrics and it's really annoying. The word "Genius" is in front, I included a screenshot. I can't find a way of getting rid of it or making the box larg...

• The bottom of the box for the lyrics feature on my phone is hidden so I can't see the last line of lyrics and it's really annoying. The word "Genius" is in front, I included a screensh...
  • VioletaSpotify
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Connected to wifi but cant download songs

I am trying to download an album while I'm connected to my home wifi but the app won't let me. If I turn off my wi fi and turn on the option in the settings 'Download over cellular' it works fine. Ive tried turning that option off and connecting to w...

• I am trying to download an album while I'm connected to my home wifi but the app won't let me. If I turn off my wi fi and turn on the option in the settings 'Download over cellular' it works fine. Iv...
  • NF_be
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to Search for Another User When Sharing

When I am trying to share a playlist, I cannot search for other users / usernames. I can only share links externally via Facebook, Twitter, SMS, "copy link" or "other." Is there not a way of sharing directly to other users within the app any more? I ...

• Regular
  • When I am trying to share a playlist, I cannot search for other users / usernames. I can only share links externally via Facebook, Twitter, SMS, "copy link" or "other." Is there not a way of sharing ...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local Files won't download on my Samsung s8

I've done everything I'm supposed to do, but it just says waiting for download (when the local file is alone in its own playlist) and it just won't download when it's in my other playlist with over 1000 songs. I'm on the same network ive reinstalled ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've done everything I'm supposed to do, but it just says waiting for download (when the local file is alone in its own playlist) and it just won't download when it's in my other playlist with over 1...
  • Foeland
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"Back 15s" on the quick access menu is not working as intended

The button that rewinds 15s, available when listening Podcasts since the last update, is actually SKIPPING 15s, the "skip 15s" button is working as intended. I've loved this update but its simply ridiculous that such a glaring error made it's way to ...

• The button that rewinds 15s, available when listening Podcasts since the last update, is actually SKIPPING 15s, the "skip 15s" button is working as intended. I've loved this update but its simply rid...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes