Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't play offline.

I have the premium Android version and whenever I go offline it keeps trying to play undownloaded songs, so it it playing nothing.I have logged out and back in and wiped, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it makes no difference.It is pointless ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have the premium Android version and whenever I go offline it keeps trying to play undownloaded songs, so it it playing nothing. I have logged out and back in and wiped, uninstalled and reinstalle...
  • Spotifyannoyed
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

premium doesn't work on new phone

Hi, I just got a new phone (Huawei P8 Lite 2017) and my premium account won't work on it. I can log in to my account but it tells me that I'm not a premium user even though I am. I tried to log out and log in again but it still tells me I'm not a pre...

• Hi,   I just got a new phone (Huawei P8 Lite 2017) and my premium account won't work on it. I can log in to my account but it tells me that I'm not a premium user even though I am.  I tr...
  • jnorris170
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Welcome mix

How do I remove an artist from my welcome mix?

• How do I remove an artist from my welcome mix?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded music tab is missing on Android

Hi there, On my girlfriend's iphone under artists there is a tab with 'downloaded files' (pl: pobrane pliki) in her library. It's cool and necessary feature that is missing on my android's device. Any way to force it to show up? It would make trips w...

• Regular
  • Hi there,  On my girlfriend's iphone under artists there is a tab with 'downloaded files' (pl: pobrane pliki) in her library. It's cool and necessary feature that is missing on my android's dev...
  • CryticalAce
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app becomes unresponsive when switching to other apps

The app works great, until I start doing other things on my phone. If I start using another app, and then return to the Spotify app, it becomes unresponsive (can't pause music, change music, etc), but the music continues to play. I've tried doing a c...

• The app works great, until I start doing other things on my phone. If I start using another app, and then return to the Spotify app, it becomes unresponsive (can't pause music, change music, etc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Galaxy S8 - Keeps Asking "You Are Listening on..."

On my Samsung Galaxy S8+ it keeps asking me when I open the app "You are listening on" Galaxy S8+ and then gives a green "Continue" button or writing below "LISTEN ON THIS PHONE". I've signed out of all instances of Spotify using the web login and I'...

• Visitor
  • On my Samsung Galaxy S8+ it keeps asking me when I open the app "You are listening on" Galaxy S8+ and then gives a green "Continue" button or writing below "LISTEN ON THIS PHONE".  I've signed o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Reproduce en mi auto sin permiso

Tengo un iphone y cada vez que se conecta al Bluetooth del auto, arranca la aplicacion de spotify aunque este cerrada. Que debo hacer?

• Tengo un iphone y cada vez que se conecta al Bluetooth del auto, arranca la aplicacion de spotify aunque este cerrada. Que debo hacer?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not all music visible

Hi,For example the mobile app doesn't show Ben Howard - Every Kingdom, but I can play it if i look for it...Maybe I'm missing out on a lot of music because of this, what's the reason?ThanksJan

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, For example the mobile app doesn't show Ben Howard - Every Kingdom, but I can play it if i look for it... Maybe I'm missing out on a lot of music because of this, what's the reason? Than...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Stops Playing Randomly Android

Spotify Premium stops playing randomly in the middle of songs. I have tried clean installing the app multiple times, but nothing works. Very frustrating.

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify Premium stops playing randomly in the middle of songs.  I have tried clean installing the app multiple times, but nothing works.  Very frustrating.
  • starcat70
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloaded songs always delete from SD card

Hello, I am new to this forum. So I have a lot of music that I have been saving on my Galaxy S5 (android version 6.0.1) for a while now, but it got to the point where I don't have enough space to download any more. Easy solution; I bought a 128gb SD ...

• Hello, I am new to this forum.   So I have a lot of music that I have been saving on my Galaxy S5 (android version 6.0.1) for a while now, but it got to the point where I don't have enough spa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

cant reach to downloaded songs on the external storage card

Hello, I am using samsung s4. A few days ago I chosed the external disk as the new song downloading place. Because the phone has no more space. But now I can not listen to songs when I'm offline. The phone or spotify programme does not recognized son...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I am using samsung s4. A few days ago I chosed the external disk as the new song downloading place. Because the phone has no more space. But now I can not listen to songs when I'm offline...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music player doesn't show up on lockscreen ( Huawei P9 )

Since an update on the Huawei P9, the music player from Spotify doesn't show up anymore. Does anyone else has this too?

• Casual Listener
  • Since an update on the Huawei P9, the music player from Spotify doesn't show up anymore. Does anyone else has this too?
  • Spotiefie
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't play

Today I was playing music, then some ads came on.The last ad didn't playNow if I try to play music I get a pop up reading "get premium now for ad free music"Restarting, login out and restartING and clearing cache does nothung .What should I do Samsun...

• Casual Listener
  • Today I was playing music, then some ads came on. The last ad didn't play Now if I try to play music I get a pop up reading "get premium now for ad free music" Restarting, login out and restartING...
  • KSutton
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

30 minutes ad causing Spotify to freeze

I know I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm just voicing my complaint like everyone else. 30 minutes free ad loads up, doesn't even get a chance to start playing and instead causes the whole app to crash. Upon reloading Spotify, the app is sti...

• Casual Listener
  • I know I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm just voicing my complaint like everyone else.   30 minutes free ad loads up, doesn't even get a chance to start playing and instead causes th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing queue deleted when adding a song to it

Hello, I have a weird bug (or feature I know nothing about) when I add a new song to the playing queue. What I experience:If I start playing a song in my playlist (all other songs in the list are added to the queue) and I search for a particular song...

• Regular
  • Hello,    I have a weird bug (or feature I know nothing about) when I add a new song to the playing queue.    What I experience: If I start playing a song in my playlist (all...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify starts playing from another device (from laptop to phone) at random times!!

So here's what happens: I'm listening to my Spotify on my laptop. Then at a random time (when I'm not fiddling with Spotify on either my phone or my laptop, then it swaps from my computer to playing on my phone. After it had happend 3 times (during o...

• Regular
  • So here's what happens: I'm listening to my Spotify on my laptop. Then at a random time (when I'm not fiddling with Spotify on either my phone or my laptop, then it swaps from my computer to playing ...
  • jtgyk
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify on Motorola x

Hace poco cambie el móvil por un Motorola x. Este funciona súper bien con todas las app, pero con tiene un error con Spotify donde la música se corta aleatoriamente. Esto no me pasa con otras apps de reproducción de música. Help!!!

• Hace poco cambie el móvil por un Motorola x. Este funciona súper bien con todas las app, pero con tiene un error con Spotify donde la música se corta aleatoriamente. Esto no me pasa con otras apps de...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume has always been too low on android

When will you add an in-app equalizer and/or volume booster that actually works? I see that this has been a problem for android users ever since 2014, volume is too low and no external apps will help (obviously).I have had iPhone up until about a yea...

• When will you add an in-app equalizer and/or volume booster that actually works? I see that this has been a problem for android users ever since 2014, volume is too low and no external apps will help...
  • fred_-_
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

30 minutes of ad-free music not working

So this is back I guess. I will get the start up 30 mins ad free, then as soon as I watch the ad, it plays a series of ads. Does it when I do the one you have to click the button for too.

• Casual Listener
  • So this is back I guess. I will get the start up 30 mins ad free, then as soon as I watch the ad, it plays a series of ads. Does it when I do the one you have to click the button for too.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Download

Faço o download das minhas música e depois de alguma horas tenho que refazer porque o download é desfeito. Alguém sabe o motivo?

• Faço o download das minhas música e depois de alguma horas tenho que refazer porque o download é desfeito. Alguém sabe o motivo?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes