Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • ryan886
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading now working.

To download music (with wifi connection) do I need to have download using cellular data on? It doesn't want to work with it off. Just don't want to chance it and use up all my data.

• To download music (with wifi connection) do I need to have download using cellular data on? It doesn't want to work with it off. Just don't want to chance it and use up all my data.
  • justinewin_
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

continuous play

my spotify stops playing after one song. Also sometimes when my screen blacks out

• my spotify stops playing after one song.  Also sometimes when my screen blacks out
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Buen día tengo un problema

Buenos días tengo un problema con mi spotify en mi celular no es la primera vez que sucede pero quiero expresar que no siempre tenemos la posibilidad de conectarnos a internet y volver a descargar la música que se supone ya estaba descargada, resulta...

• Buenos días tengo un problema con mi spotify en mi celular no es la primera vez que sucede pero quiero expresar que no siempre tenemos la posibilidad de conectarnos a internet y volver a descargar la...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Nexus 6P Sound Issues Marshmallow

I just recently purchased the Google Nexus 6P and have been having issues with the sound output for Spotify app on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It is very quiet when the audio cable is plugged into external speakers or my car stereo. I tested the phone i...

• Regular
  • I just recently purchased the Google Nexus 6P and have been having issues with the sound output for Spotify app on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It is very quiet when the audio cable is plugged into exter...
  • robertsonj0844
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes

Lost playlist

I have had a free account with Spotify for about the last 8 months. During that time, I created a playlist with over 250 songs. All was well until this afternoon. I usually just have to tap on my Spotify icon, and I'm taken to the last song in my lis...

• I have had a free account with Spotify for about the last 8 months. During that time, I created a playlist with over 250 songs. All was well until this afternoon. I usually just have to tap on my Spo...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify randomly changes device when playing

While playing a song, it seems to randomly go from my computer to me music player, without any interaction.

• Casual Listener
  • While playing a song, it seems to randomly go from my computer to me music player, without any interaction.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify undownloads tracks and albums (Premium)

This is really strange. After updating recently from a really old version, Spotify kept deleting certain songs and an album I had downloaded on my Huawei. After another update, the single tracks from albums I had downloaded would stay again, but Kate...

• Casual Listener
  • This is really strange. After updating recently from a really old version, Spotify kept deleting certain songs and an album I had downloaded on my Huawei. After another update, the single tracks from...
  • Nordavind
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music skips Stutteren

Music skips stuterd if i play it on the bluetooth in the car (at least 8 x per song) like an old diskman have tried different phones and reset the bluetooth and mobile but noting helps but if I put the number on the phone it selfs and play it, this w...

• Music skips stuterd if i play it on the bluetooth in the car (at least 8 x per song) like an old diskman  have tried different phones and reset the bluetooth and mobile but noting helps&nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs stop one second before it should end

For months ive been dealing with spotify not continuing to the next song. 90% on the time the music stops after the songs is over. Ive played with all the settings nothing. Ive deleted the app and the data from my galaxy s7 phone. Nothing. Ive moved ...

• For months ive been dealing with spotify not continuing to the next song. 90% on the time the music stops after the songs is over. Ive played with all the settings nothing. Ive deleted the app and th...
  • discord-317
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problemas com reprodução de musicas offline

As músicas estão baixadas mas não consigo escuta-Mas off line, mesmo a seta de download estando verde.

• As músicas estão baixadas mas não consigo escuta-Mas off line, mesmo a seta de download estando verde.
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify plays audio from saved video files when using tasker

I used tasker to auto launch spotify when the headphines are plugged in, however when it lauches it plays audio from saved video files on phone instaeding of playing the play list. Below is the intent command I am using; System”>Send Intent• – Action...

• I used tasker to auto launch spotify when the headphines are plugged in, however when it lauches it plays audio from saved video files on phone instaeding of playing the play list.   Below is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlist get unsynched (undownloaded)

So this happened to me a few times now and it's becoming more and more of an issue. I have a playlist downloaded to my device and once in a while Spotify (spontaneously) decides my playlist shouldn't be listened to offline and unsynces(undownloads, w...

• So this happened to me a few times now and it's becoming more and more of an issue. I have a playlist downloaded to my device and once in a while Spotify (spontaneously) decides my playlist shouldn't...
  • tvshirley44
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Wont play my downloaded songs

It has happened a couple times now that my downloaded songs wont play but the files for them are still saved to my phone

• It has happened a couple times now that my downloaded songs wont play but the files for them are still saved to my phone
  • AndyUrie
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing downloaded songs after software update

I have problem after update spotify, all songs on all my playlists that I have downloaded before show no green check, and I can't play it offline. I have to re-download all of them again. I got same problem twice, first on desktop, second on my andro...

• I have problem after update spotify, all songs on all my playlists that I have downloaded before show no green check, and I can't play it offline. I have to re-download all of them again. I got same ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Language setting on Spotify differs from Android

My Xperia is set to Danish but the language on the Spotify app is running Malayan. How can I set the language to Danish in the App?

• My Xperia is set to Danish but the language on the Spotify app is running Malayan. How can I set the language to Danish in the App?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Galaxy A5 spotify starts playing automatically

For some reason when playing music on my computer and pausing it for a longer time, it starts playing from my mobile device if spotify is turned on.

• For some reason when playing music on my computer and pausing it for a longer time, it starts playing from my mobile device if spotify is turned on.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Samsung S8 not updating track on lock screen

HeyI have two new issues on the Samsun S8 1) When Casting to Chromecast the artist details don't always update on the lock screen so I'm unable to forward a track etc.2) Then if I go into the phone to change a track in the Spotify app, it disconnects...

• Hey I have two new issues on the Samsun S8   1) When Casting to Chromecast the artist details don't always update on the lock screen so I'm unable to forward a track etc. 2) Then if I go int...
  • richf90
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Play all playlist from a folder

Hi! In earlier versions I was able to play songs from all playlist I have sorted in a folder. This is now removed. Why? It is still there on my tablet and on the desktop. how can I get it back (in what version did you remove it so I can downgrade to ...

• Music Fan
  • Hi! In earlier versions I was able to play songs from all playlist I have sorted in a folder. This is now removed. Why? It is still there on my tablet and on the desktop. how can I get it back (in wh...
  • Hugol0l
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify does not rocognize my sd card

Help, my mobile (tplink neffos 5c) cannot recognize my sd card to migrate my offline mode songs. Just appears the phone memory two times.

• Help, my mobile (tplink neffos 5c) cannot recognize my sd card to migrate my offline mode songs. Just appears the phone memory two times.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotify won't play songs

It keeps saying I need premium in order to shuffle play. **bleep**?

• It keeps saying I need premium in order to shuffle play. **bleep**?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes