Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix Issue

Songs aren't building as i listen to daily mixes OR artist radio stations....i am active as i like or dislike each song...but the radio or daily mix ALWAYS stops abruptly after a set number of songs... how do I fix this?

• Songs aren't building as i listen to daily mixes OR artist radio stations....i am active as i like or dislike each song...but the radio or daily mix ALWAYS stops abruptly after a set number of songs....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Change the Genius Font Size

How do you change the font size and if you can't change it then whats the point of the Genius update when you cant even see half of the sentence.

• How do you change the font size and if you can't change it then whats the point of the Genius update when you cant even see half of the sentence.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't look at artists pages

I'll click on the "go to artist" button and more often than not, I'm unable to view the page. What's weird is that it doesn't happen with every artist, just most of them. I have tried resetting my phone and reinstalling the app, but I'm still running...

• I'll click on the "go to artist" button and more often than not, I'm unable to view the page. What's weird is that it doesn't happen with every artist, just most of them. I have tried resetting my ph...
  • Napalmhardcore
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Noise using aux

I have the galaxy s8 and when I'm using the aux cord only in my car, it's making a really bad static noise. Any help why or how to get rid of it? I've tried uninstalling and re-installing... Didn't help. I tried the equalizer... Didn't do anything. H...

• Casual Listener
  • I have the galaxy s8 and when I'm using the aux cord only in my car, it's making a really bad static noise. Any help why or how to get rid of it? I've tried uninstalling and re-installing... Didn't h...
  • cluz
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music starts playing during calls

Over the last couple of weeks, this has happened three times on my Android device and had never happened before that (using Android devices with Spotify for years prior). It has happened both during a phone call and a Skype call that music has starte...

• Regular
  • Over the last couple of weeks, this has happened three times on my Android device and had never happened before that (using Android devices with Spotify for years prior).   It has happened bot...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • call
    Calls
    music
    phone
    playing
    starts
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! App wont load

Hi i have a samsung s7 and have it for over a month now. Today for some reason once i launched spotify on my phone it closed before opening the menu. Ive restarted and reinstalled multiple times, including going into settings and doing it from there....

• Casual Listener
  • Hi i have a samsung s7 and have it for over a month now. Today for some reason once i launched spotify on my phone it closed before opening the menu. Ive restarted and reinstalled multiple times, inc...
  • Kiamasurf
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Login
    Other
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

¿Why the app delete all the music And albums in S7 edge

I download some albums and the next day all this music are delete. Download again, and again, and again, always found delete the songs... in my S7 Edge.Is boring and disgusting.

• I download some albums and the next day all this music are delete. Download again, and again, and again, always found delete the songs... in my S7 Edge. Is boring and disgusting.
  • Gonzo_VF
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wont accept my prepaid visa card

So I have a prepaid visa card and everytime I put the information in, spotify tells me that my card or payment provider is having a bad day. Why will it not let me use my card (I've tried 3 different activated prepaid visa cards and none have worked)...

• Casual Listener
  • So I have a prepaid visa card and everytime I put the information in, spotify tells me that my card or payment provider is having a bad day. Why will it not let me use my card (I've tried 3 different...
  • MatildaJ99
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Have to clear cache every time I leave the house. (Chromecast)

Hello.I'm having issues with chromecast dissapearing in 'devices'I have to clear the cache and log out of spotify every time I leave the house/ get out of range of the local wifi.I have tried reinstalling and removing 'offline playlists' in my accoun...

• Hello. I'm having issues with chromecast dissapearing in 'devices' I have to clear the cache and log out of spotify every time I leave the house/ get out of range of the local wifi. I have t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playing audio on desktop eventually causes song to start on phone

When I am trying to listen to music on my desktop, eventually when the playlist switches to a new song, the audio will come out of my phone instead of the desktop. If the session started from my desktop, why would it ever switch to my phone unless I ...

• When I am trying to listen to music on my desktop, eventually when the playlist switches to a new song, the audio will come out of my phone instead of the desktop. If the session started from my desk...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

List 'added recently' filter doesn't work...

Since some days ago, I'm unable to order the songs of a playlists by adding date. It just happens in android, as in the desktop app they appear by date. I tried to change between different filters but is the same. The order with this filter is totall...

• Since some days ago, I'm unable to order the songs of a playlists by adding date. It just happens in android, as in the desktop app they appear by date. I tried to change between different filters bu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Black screen or 1 second open then crashes and shuts down

I have the newest version of Spotify (8.4.0.539) and android version 6.0.1 Samsung s6.This morning it was working fine then suddenly froze and stopped working and then shut down. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall, sometimes I get past the login s...

• Regular
  • I have the newest version of Spotify (8.4.0.539) and android version 6.0.1 Samsung s6. This morning it was working fine then suddenly froze and stopped working and then shut down. I've tried to un...
  • Nuttynote
  • Music Fan
  • 28 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    crashes
  • 28 replies
  • 1 likes

Possible app crashing solution post update?

Okay so I was having the same issue a lot of other people were having where you try to open the Spotify app, it opens for about a second, then closes. After uninstalling, restarting my phone, ect.I found that when I clicked on the app I immediately t...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay so I was having the same issue a lot of other people were having where you try to open the Spotify app, it opens for about a second, then closes. After uninstalling, restarting my phone, ect. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify crash immediately on my Galaxy S3

Hello, I'm a premium member, and Spotify doesn't work on my phone anymore. On the last couple of days, it crashes when I start the application ("Unfortunately, Spotify has stopped"). This morning I was able to access the login screen, but when I was ...

• Regular
  • Hello,   I'm a premium member, and Spotify doesn't work on my phone anymore. On the last couple of days, it crashes when I start the application ("Unfortunately, Spotify has stopped"). Thi...
  • stakleni
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify closes down on samsung s7

Please help. My Spotify isn't working anymore. It closes down immediately when I turn it on. Also my phone gets really warm. I have Android 6.0.1. On a Samsung galaxy s7.I tried:- Turning my phone off and on- Reinstalling spotify and turning phone of...

• Please help. My Spotify isn't working anymore. It closes down immediately when I turn it on. Also my phone gets really warm. I have Android 6.0.1. On a Samsung galaxy s7. I tried: - Turning my phon...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android app won't load

Spotify on my android will not load. Hasn't for about a week and I have uninstalled it and re-installed it a few times. PLEASE fix it! Don't want to continue t pay if I cannot use. [EDIT- Moved to Android section and changed subject]

• Spotify on my android will not load. Hasn't for about a week and I have uninstalled it and re-installed it a few times. PLEASE fix it! Don't want to continue t pay if I cannot use.   [EDIT- ...
  • Anderson52t
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Not working on my premium account

Good day if you reading this, thank you for you're time.My problem is that if i open spotify i wont open at all, i open it and i closes after 1 second. But if a re-install than i opens but if i wanted to login with my account it closes.But if i re-in...

• Good day if you reading this, thank you for you're time. My problem is that if i open spotify i wont open at all, i open it and i closes after 1 second. But if a re-install than i opens but if i wan...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Forced offline, syncing problems + Spotify erases my offline music! :-(

I had these problems since about 1 1/2 month or so. I've written twice to Spotify, who so far has neglected my messages. Offline:Most of the time when using the app, I am forced into an offline-mode. It is not enabled in settings. It does not matter ...

• Music Fan
  • I had these problems since about 1 1/2 month or so. I've written twice to Spotify, who so far has neglected my messages.   Offline: Most of the time when using the app, I am forced into an of...
  • hellozarina
  • 20 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 7 likes

Spotify deactivates my password on lock display

When i listen to spotify music and lock my display, i don't need my password to get into my phone again, spotify deactivates my display lock. Someone knows how to fix that, because it's annoying if everyone is able to get into my phone. Sorry for bad...

• Casual Listener
  • When i listen to spotify music and lock my display, i don't need my password to get into my phone again, spotify deactivates my display lock. Someone knows how to fix that, because it's annoying if e...
  • oliverschlick
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes