Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't download songs locally, download using cellular option already enabled

Hi everyone, I recently bought a new Sony Xperia XA Ultra phone - it comes with Spotify already bundled with it. Being a premium user for some time now, I did the following steps in order to have my existing playlists / songs synced to my new device,...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,   I recently bought a new Sony Xperia XA Ultra phone - it comes with Spotify already bundled with it. Being a premium user for some time now, I did the following steps in order to...
  • ferdz_9999
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Delete cached and saved data - to move to external storage

I've read posts on how to save my spotify data to the SD card on my Samsung Galaxy S5 (I'm out of memory) and want to try: Delete the cashed and saved data in settings, log out of the app, reopen, before logging back in click on phone menu, select SD...

• Casual Listener
  • I've read posts on how to save my spotify data to the SD card on my Samsung Galaxy S5 (I'm out of memory) and want to try: Delete the cashed and saved data in settings, log out of the app, reopen, be...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lock screen controls won't work

My Galaxy S7 edge lock screen controls won't work except for pause 3/4 of the time, have to open app. Also it won't respond to headphone controls or watch controls.

• My Galaxy S7 edge lock screen controls won't work except for pause 3/4 of the time, have to open app. Also it won't respond to headphone controls or watch controls.
  • lufist
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Playlists] Daily Mix fail in Bluetooth speaker

Cuando reproduzco un Daily Mix en mi reproductor Bluetooth no puedo cambiar de canción ni hacia adelante ni hacia atrás, además si recibo una llamada durante la reproducción la música continúa sonando.

• Cuando reproduzco un Daily Mix en mi reproductor Bluetooth no puedo cambiar de canción ni hacia adelante ni hacia atrás, además si recibo una llamada durante la reproducción la música continúa sonand...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't go offline

I have tried all their trouble shooting and nothing has worked. It won't go offline. I just bought family account and already want to cancel ugh

• Casual Listener
  • I have tried all their trouble shooting and nothing has worked. It won't go offline. I just bought family account and already want to cancel ugh
  • ErickRGuetta
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app won't shuffle whole artist

I am having a problem where on the android app, I go to the artist and hit shuffle, and all it does is shuffle the "most popular" songs listed for that artist, I would like to know how to get it to shuffle the entire artist catalogue. thanks!

• I am having a problem where on the android app, I go to the artist and hit shuffle, and all it does is shuffle the "most popular" songs listed for that artist, I would like to know how to get it to s...
  • ErickRGuetta
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Black screen

Since two days ago when I launch the app in my Xiaomi mi6 the app dont work. Only apear a black screen and then the app close...

• Casual Listener
  • Since two days ago when I launch the app in my Xiaomi mi6 the app dont work. Only apear a black screen and then the app close...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsun Gear icon x

Hi,I'm Sofien. Sorry for my english but i'm italian. So, i bought samsung galaxy icon x how can i add my spotify playlist on local storage of this device?

• Hi, I'm Sofien. Sorry for my english but i'm italian.  So, i bought samsung galaxy icon x how can i add my spotify playlist on local storage of this device?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify deletes my downloaded songs

Premium üyesiyim. Spotify kendi kendine hesabımdan çıkıyor ve tekrar hesabıma girdiğimde indirmiş olduğum şarkılarım indirilmemiş olarak kütüphanemde duruyor. Bu birkaç kez oldu ve hala düzelmedi. Yardım edebilirseniz çok mutlu olurum, teşekkürler.

• Premium üyesiyim. Spotify kendi kendine hesabımdan çıkıyor ve tekrar hesabıma girdiğimde indirmiş olduğum şarkılarım indirilmemiş olarak kütüphanemde duruyor. Bu birkaç kez oldu ve hala düzelmedi. Ya...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot Add Songs To Playlist

Hey Guys, So I'm using an S7 Edge and recently having issues adding songs to playlists. When I click add to playlist on a song all that happens is it closes the options and doesn't bring up the playlists I could add the song to. Has anyone else exper...

• Regular
  • Hey Guys,   So I'm using an S7 Edge and recently having issues adding songs to playlists. When I click add to playlist on a song all that happens is it closes the options and doesn't bring up ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Adding Song To A Playlist

Hi Guys, I'm using an S7 Edge and occasionally having a problem with adding songs to a playlist. When I click the add to playlist function on a song it does absolutely nothing and just goes back to the track without bringing up the playlists I can ad...

• Regular
  • Hi Guys,   I'm using an S7 Edge and occasionally having a problem with adding songs to a playlist. When I click the add to playlist function on a song it does absolutely nothing and just goes ...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix Problem

I accidentally pressed the ban button and then a countdown showed up. In that moment in exicetment, I banned an artist. But everything was so fast. I couldnt get what happened. So i tried same thing this time to solve what it is. And two artist banne...

• I accidentally pressed the ban button and then a countdown showed up. In that moment in exicetment, I banned an artist. But everything was so fast. I couldnt get what happened. So i tried same thing ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

turn app from offline to online

There appears to be no way to turn the app from offline to online. There is no settings button, no more button, nothing.

• There appears to be no way to turn the app from offline to online. There is no settings button, no more button, nothing.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't save whole album

Hello People,My problem is that I can't save a whole album. I can save a couple of songs but the other songs are grey. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? The album in particular is 'Young as the morning and old as the sea' from Passenger. I ha...

• Hello People, My problem is that I can't save a whole album. I can save a couple of songs but the other songs are grey. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? The album in particular is 'Young ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lock Screen back and forward doesn't function

Hey. In the lock screen mode back and forward buttons doesn't do anything. Pause functions as usual. To move between the tracks, have to go to app and push buttons there. Started after the last update for me. Also the exit button in the lock screen m...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey. In the lock screen mode back and forward buttons doesn't do anything. Pause functions as usual. To move between the tracks, have to go to app and push buttons there. Started after the last updat...
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mobile][Music] Spotify Bug

I'm using Spotify Premium on my Galaxy S7 Edge. Recently, I noticed that the music doesn't stop playing even when answering calls and playing video on Facebook unlike before. I have to open Spotify and pause the music before I can watch video on YouT...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using Spotify Premium on my Galaxy S7 Edge. Recently, I noticed that the music doesn't stop playing even when answering calls and playing video on Facebook unlike before. I have to open Spotify a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    Music
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android App being super slow or unresponsive

I've had spotify for a while now and I have just moved it from my Z5 to my LG G5, it worked fine on my Z5 but on my LG, its horrible! It crashes when I skip songs, it lags when I pause, it's almost impossible for me to navigate through the app comfor...

• Casual Listener
  • I've had spotify for a while now and I have just moved it from my Z5 to my LG G5, it worked fine on my Z5 but on my LG, its horrible! It crashes when I skip songs, it lags when I pause, it's almost i...
  • Coleyjf94
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

text verification

i am not receiving the code that spotify is sending me to update my payment details. i need to update my subscription not to be cut off..help!

• i am not receiving the code that spotify is sending me to update my payment details. i need to update my subscription not to be cut off..help!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes