Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

my spotify closes after I login with my account

When I open my spotify it automatticaly closes on my phone. I deleted it and downloaded it again. Then spotify worked, but soon after I logged in with my account the app closes again. I already turned my phone off and on a couple of times. I logged i...

• When I open my spotify it automatticaly closes on my phone. I deleted it and downloaded it again. Then spotify worked, but soon after I logged in with my account the app closes again. I already turne...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play spotify when screen is off.

My device is a Xiaomi Mi3 running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. I've been tweeking my phone for almost a week now, and I can't seem to find a solution to my problem (as mentioned above). Need help with these. After 2 or 3 songs when my screen is off ...

• Casual Listener
  • My device is a Xiaomi Mi3 running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. I've been tweeking my phone for almost a week now, and I can't seem to find a solution to my problem (as mentioned above). Need help wi...
  • Chubz316
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Crashes after login

HiI own an LG Nexus 5X and every time I open the application it just crashes. I've tried reinstalling and it launches normally but straight after I log in it says "logging in" and crashes. I don't know what to do I've cleared cache and I've logged ou...

• Hi I own an LG Nexus 5X and every time I open the application it just crashes. I've tried reinstalling and it launches normally but straight after I log in it says "logging in" and crashes. I don't ...
  • Nuttynote
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Hwkwos

I was listing to music on my Samsung galaxy s6 and it stopped playback didn't realize it so I went back into the app and it keeps force closing. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked but when I signed in nto my premium account it force closed a...

• I was listing to music on my Samsung galaxy s6 and it stopped playback didn't realize it so I went back into the app and it keeps force closing. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked but when I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

how can I connect my smartphone to my car?

Hello!I'd like to use a cable to connect my smartphone to my car audio system and to listen music with the android app. Which one should I use? USB or mini-jack?Thanks!

• Roadie
  • Hello! I'd like to use a cable to connect my smartphone to my car audio system and to listen music with the android app. Which one should I use? USB or mini-jack? Thanks! 🙂
  • S3ndG
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback starts on my wife's phone when i play something on my phone

I am a Spotify premium user and have the app for my Samsung Galaxy S5. My wife has also downloaded the app and uses my account to listen to stuff when I'm not using it. I'm totally fine with this but recently when I start to listen to Spotify it kick...

• I am a Spotify premium user and have the app for my Samsung Galaxy S5. My wife has also downloaded the app and uses my account to listen to stuff when I'm not using it. I'm totally fine with this but...
  • justinewin_
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify home screen just shows: An error occurred. Please try again

Playback works fine but the home screen of the app just says "An error occurred. Please try again" (or rather "Hoppsan, något blev fel. Det fungerade inte. Försök igen." since language is set to swedish) Huwaei P8 LiteSpotify version 5.4.0.858Android...

• Casual Listener
  • Playback works fine but the home screen of the app just says "An error occurred. Please try again" (or rather "Hoppsan, något blev fel. Det fungerade inte. Försök igen." since language is set to sw...
  • Klfb
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    huawei
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Stops playing after going in sleep mode.

I have the newest version, no other updates available. When my tablet is turned on, plays just fine. Shortly after my tablet goes into sleep mode, the song playing automatically stops and resets. Ive already uninstalled and reinstalled the app, redow...

• Casual Listener
  • I have the newest version, no other updates available. When my tablet is turned on, plays just fine. Shortly after my tablet goes into sleep mode, the song playing automatically stops and resets. Ive...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

WHAT THE **bleep** IS UP WITH THE NEW UPDATE (MARCH 2017)

I no longer have the option to send anything directly to friends! **bleep**! And you can't see the number of followers on a playlist anymore either! This is BULL!Am I missing something???

• Regular
  • I no longer have the option to send anything directly to friends! **bleep**! And you can't see the number of followers on a playlist anymore either! This is BULL! Am I missing something???
  • Smarkley3
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not deleting

I have a LG Android device and have been trying to clean up my library. Whenever I try deleting a song it still remains in my library. Any suggestions or solutions?

• Casual Listener
  • I have a LG Android device and have been trying to clean up my library. Whenever I try deleting a song it still remains in my library. Any suggestions or solutions?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! When I search for a song it says "Ooops, something went wrong"

Even after hitting then try again button nothing happens. I restarted my phone and cleared all data but the app. Still failed. Any ideas what might be wrong?

• Even after hitting then try again button nothing happens. I restarted my phone and cleared all data but the app. Still failed. Any ideas what might be wrong?
  • vearls6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone shuts down

When I open the spotify app on my Samsung s5 sometimes it will freeze then shut down my whole phone and then my phone won't turn on for a few minutes. I thought it was just my old phone (s4) but when I upgraded it still does it. I don't want to delet...

• When I open the spotify app on my Samsung s5 sometimes it will freeze then shut down my whole phone and then my phone won't turn on for a few minutes. I thought it was just my old phone (s4) but when...
  • nikkivansoriano
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Constant notifications when playing music

When I'm playing music I constantly hear a notification sound. This notification sound stops when I stop playing music, too. I have no clue as how to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• When I'm playing music I constantly hear a notification sound. This notification sound stops when I stop playing music, too. I have no clue as how to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music stop when playing music

i use redmi3sWhen i play to shuffle,radio play , music suddenly stop

• i use redmi3s When i play to shuffle,radio play , music suddenly stop
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can not delete imported files

Hello, I have a problem that's bothering me. I imported some songs from my cell phone into spotify, and then I deleted them from my cell phone, I did that, I went back to spotify and the songs were not available and since then I can not delete them ....

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have a problem that's bothering me. I imported some songs from my cell phone into spotify, and then I deleted them from my cell phone, I did that, I went back to spotify and the songs were n...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleat a downloaded song

I downloaded a lot of playlists, and it's taking a lot of my device space, so I kinda tried to deleat a bunch of songs. But the problem is, it's showing like it's not downloaded, it doesn't have the check thing on the name of the song, but I can list...

• I downloaded a lot of playlists, and it's taking a lot of my device space, so I kinda tried to deleat a bunch of songs. But the problem is, it's showing like it's not downloaded, it doesn't have the ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Lg-h830 (Suggestion!!) Adding Related Artists

Mostly some phones don't have this, from some of my friends, they're not able to look at the related artists on the bands they are wanting to look for. It'd be awesome if it could add a related suggestion page as a tweak for the LG. Thanks!

• Roadie
  • Mostly some phones don't have this, from some of my friends, they're not able to look at the related artists on the bands they are wanting to look for. It'd be awesome if it could add a related sugge...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No option for SD card storage, even though SD card is mounted?

My phones storage says there is a SD card in the device, I've tried putting the sd card in and out, deleting the app and restarting the device, and I have over 10gb of storage left on the SD card. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

• Regular
  • My phones storage says there is a SD card in the device, I've tried putting the sd card in and out, deleting the app and restarting the device, and I have over 10gb of storage left on the SD card. An...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect BUG on OnePlus 3T

Hey everyone,I noticed buggy behavior when using Spotify Connect on my OnePlus 3T and I'd like to know if someone has similar problem.I usually listen music via Spotify on my PC with Spotify Connect active so I can control the music via my phone as w...

• Music Fan
  • Hey everyone, I noticed buggy behavior when using Spotify Connect on my OnePlus 3T and I'd like to know if someone has similar problem. I usually listen music via Spotify on my PC with Spotify Conn...
  • ZRyzner
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes