Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Lack of on-demand play for mobile phone version

I understand that "On-Demand" play is disabled for the mobile phone version of the app if you're on a Free account. But why is it disabled only for the mobile phone version and not the tablet or PC versions? What was the reasoning behind that decisio...

• I understand that "On-Demand" play is disabled for the mobile phone version of the app if you're on a Free account. But why is it disabled only for the mobile phone version and not the tablet or PC v...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded playlist continues to disappear

I've spent a decent amount of time researching this issue in the Spotify community and elsewhere and I've tried all of the solutions suggested to no avail. I have Spotify Premium. I download songs to my SD card which has 157+ GB of available storage....

• I've spent a decent amount of time researching this issue in the Spotify community and elsewhere and I've tried all of the solutions suggested to no avail.   I have Spotify Premium.  I do...
  • fmtv
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Web player] Daily mix list hate track doesn't work

Hi,I noticed that this function doesn't work anymore Hate a track? Tap the icon while it plays so it won’t crop up in your mix again. You’ll also get the option to remove all songs by that artist from your mixes. Simply nothing happens when i tap it ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I noticed that this function doesn't work anymore    Hate a track? Tap the  icon while it plays so it won’t crop up in your mix again. You’ll also get the option to remove all ...
  • Tomaszon
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

downloaded albums don't remain downloaded

I'm using Spotify premium on android (s7). I have a lot of albums (100s) in my library.I tend to download all my albums so i can listen to them any time.According to the article below my downloaded albums should persist. But every now and then, album...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using Spotify premium on android (s7). I have a lot of albums (100s) in my library. I tend to download all my albums so i can listen to them any time. According to the article below my downlo...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • album
    Cache
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I delete all saved songs at once using my android

I want to know if there's a way I can delete all songs from saved songs at once using my android phone.

• I want to know if there's a way I can delete all songs from saved songs at once using my android phone.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Says I'm offline when I'm not

Why does using the app require so much bandwidth? I don't mean playing the songs, even navigating the app is so slow when I have an almost perfect connection it still hits me with the spinning green circle. Sometimes it says I'm offline when I'm clea...

• Regular
  • Why does using the app require so much bandwidth? I don't mean playing the songs, even navigating the app is so slow when I have an almost perfect connection it still hits me with the spinning green ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local data from smartphone

Hey there,I used to work often with the local data function. But I am not able to get connected with a laptop or desktop at the moment. It would be great if you could make it possible that we can add songs from local data of our smartphone. It's real...

• Hey there, I used to work often with the local data function. But I am not able to get connected with a laptop or desktop at the moment. It would be great if you could make it possible that we can a...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't find a Spotify-created playlist - has it been deleted?

Hi all,I had a top favourite Spotify playlist, which was always one of the first ones in the Sleep category, called "Lost in Clouds". I listened to it for hours, almost every day, I loved it so much. But, in the past few days, I noticed I can't find ...

• Hi all, I had a top favourite Spotify playlist, which was always one of the first ones in the Sleep category, called "Lost in Clouds". I listened to it for hours, almost every day, I loved it so muc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs have vanished

Hello all, Can anyone help me out with a problem that has surfaced over the past week. All of my songs in my liabrary have vanished i.e. Your Music > Your Songs. All of my downloaded playlists are still there and I can play those, but everything that...

• Hello all,   Can anyone help me out with a problem that has surfaced over the past week.   All of my songs in my liabrary have vanished i.e. Your Music > Your Songs.    A...
  • supermonkey488
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stops working on certain songs

Hi thereHaving a problem with Spotify on my Android 7.0 LG G5. When listening to some songs, they cut off after a minute or two. This has been specifically happening with Lady Gaga: The Cure. Has happened on other songs but can't track them down. The...

• Hi there Having a problem with Spotify on my Android 7.0 LG G5. When listening to some songs, they cut off after a minute or two. This has been specifically happening with Lady Gaga: The Cure. Has h...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Won't Sync Specific Local Files From Desktop

Hello, I seem to be running into a small problem while trying to sync some local files on my desktop to my Andriod device. In a specific scenario, I own the Snarky Puppy album "We Like it Here" which was recently taken off of spotify. Because of that...

• Hello,   I seem to be running into a small problem while trying to sync some local files on my desktop to my Andriod device. In a specific scenario, I own the Snarky Puppy album "We Like it He...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs stop randomly.

I need help from Spotify, I am paying for a premium account and I am unable to use my account on my Nokia, the songs get randomly paused with no apparent reason. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it, deleted cache, restarted the phone several ti...

• I need help from Spotify, I am paying for a premium account and I am unable to use my account on my Nokia, the songs get randomly paused with no apparent reason. I have deleted the app and ...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Awesome, redownloading everything again

One hour before I go on holiday for a few weeks. Just great.It definitely coincided with reaching the song limit. I removed some albums I hardly listen to, so that I am under the limit and after restarting my phone, it started to redownload all songs...

• Visitor
  • One hour before I go on holiday for a few weeks. Just great. It definitely coincided with reaching the song limit. I removed some albums I hardly listen to, so that I am under the limit and after ...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Names of local songs display as "loading..."

A number of my local songs show up as "loading..." when I download them to my phone, and the album shows up as unknown album, rather than what is in their meta tag. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app a few times, and there was no change. T...

• A number of my local songs show up as "loading..." when I download them to my phone, and the album shows up as unknown album, rather than what is in their meta tag. I tried uninstalling and reinstall...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution High high usage

I have wifi connected but spotify is still using a ton of my data... Can i fix that???

• I have wifi connected but spotify is still using a ton of my data... Can i fix that???
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Duda con descargas

Tengo un teléfono Android y un iPod, en ambos tengo instalado spotify pero sólo quiero descargar las canciones al iPod... es posible eso ? O automáticamente se actualizan a ambos.

• Tengo un teléfono Android y un iPod, en ambos tengo instalado spotify pero sólo quiero descargar las canciones al iPod... es posible eso ? O automáticamente se actualizan a ambos.
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly question

I was wondering if Spotify's Discover Weekly playlist can see what you play with other apps, or if it just takes into account t what you listen to on the Spotify service only. I use Tidal primarily for listening, but I still use Spotify a little. Jus...

• Music Fan
  • I was wondering if Spotify's Discover Weekly playlist can see what you play with other apps, or if it just takes into account t what you listen to on the Spotify service only. I use Tidal primarily f...
  • bdygert
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files don't show up on phone anymore

I used to have local files from my laptop and it would play on my phone but I noticed recently that the songs are greyed out but all the songs that spotify has are still there. I've tried following the steps like making sure that my laptop and phone ...

• I used to have local files from my laptop and it would play on my phone but I noticed recently that the songs are greyed out but all the songs that spotify has are still there. I've tried follow...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist tab is gone?

I recently remade my spotify account after deciding it would be less hassle than removing Facebook from it. I had copied over my playlists through the desktop version and was pretty happy with how well everything was going. However, upon opening up t...

• I recently remade my spotify account after deciding it would be less hassle than removing Facebook from it. I had copied over my playlists through the desktop version and was pretty happy with how we...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded music not showing up offline

Opened spotify today to play some music I had downloaded and now none of the albums I have previously downloaded are coming up offline it says I need to go online and when I do the downloaded song symbol is still next to each song on every album. Ple...

• Opened spotify today to play some music I had downloaded and now none of the albums I have previously downloaded are coming up offline it says I need to go online and when I do the downloaded song sy...
  • Basketballgaz
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes