Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify shuts down after 2-3 songs

The spotify app has been shutting down completely after 2-3 songs on my phone (lg aristo). This has only been happening for the last few days, but it's both annoying and worrying. Does anyone have any suggestions?Thank you in advance!

• Casual Listener
  • The spotify app has been shutting down completely after 2-3 songs on my phone (lg aristo). This has only been happening for the last few days, but it's both annoying and worrying. Does anyone have an...
  • Olysim
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Cant link fb on the app

Hi I recently removed my old spotify account from facebook and hooked up my current spotify account to the same facebook, only trouble is when I try to log in on the app I get an error message saying that the account is already linked to a Facebook a...

• Visitor
  • Hi I recently removed my old spotify account from facebook and hooked up my current spotify account to the same facebook, only trouble is when I try to log in on the app I get an error message saying...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist radio randomly starts

I have two frustrating issues, one related to the playlist radio (which I now fiercely dislike) and one that seems like a pure glitch. I do NOT have "autoplay" turned on: 1. I usually fall asleep to a playlist. Recenty, it's starting to wake me up ag...

• Regular
  • I have two frustrating issues, one related to the playlist radio (which I now fiercely dislike) and one that seems like a pure glitch. I do NOT have "autoplay" turned on:   1. I usually fall a...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

my spotify won't open

I have Spotify premium and I had to delete it and reinstall it for something unrelated but when I tried to re-download it there were problems, it would download but whenever I try to open it a message come up and says "no storage area found" even tho...

• Regular
  • I have Spotify premium and I had to delete it and reinstall it for something unrelated but when I tried to re-download it there were problems, it would download but whenever I try to open i...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't listen to songs added directly from the computer on my phone

Since not every single song is available on Spotify, I've been using my computer to download them from the internet and use them on the app. I've done that for a while but recently, it hasn't been working as it should. I can still save the song on my...

• Casual Listener
  • Since not every single song is available on Spotify, I've been using my computer to download them from the internet and use them on the app. I've done that for a while but recently, it hasn't been wo...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue with Android Auto and Spotify

I use Android Auto (connected with my car) and Spotify to listen to music. Since some of the latest updates, I get an error in Android Auto saying ("Spotify seems to be currently not working") (translated from German) and when I tap on the menu it sh...

• Casual Listener
  • I use Android Auto (connected with my car) and Spotify to listen to music. Since some of the latest updates, I get an error in Android Auto saying ("Spotify seems to be currently not working") (trans...
  • nathtothep
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify wont play through my car radio

I have my phone (Samsung A3) hooked up to bluetooth in my car (ford focus 2010) but it wont play spotify from my phone through the radio in my car? What can I do?

• I have my phone (Samsung A3) hooked up to bluetooth in my car (ford focus 2010) but it wont play spotify from my phone through the radio in my car? What can I do?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify not working

Playlist not loading songs & message keeps popping up about spotify premium service. I tried to reboot phone & make sure i have internet connection & wifi on but still doesnt respond. Does this mean i need to sign up for premium? I thought spotify wa...

• Casual Listener
  • Playlist not loading songs & message keeps popping up about spotify premium service. I tried to reboot phone & make sure i have internet connection & wifi on but still doesnt respond. Doe...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium

I have Premium but it doesn't work every time I log in the Message about the permium pops up. Every time I go on the pop up "Test Premium 30 Days Free!" And then come the Message "This Website is not avalible. What can I do?

• Visitor
  • I have Premium but it doesn't work every time I log in the Message about the permium pops up. Every time I go on the pop up "Test Premium 30 Days Free!" And then come the Message "This Website is not...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

There is no option to cancel my free premium trial in the subscription page

I can't find any options to cancel my free trial before the trial ends. This is ridiculous. There is also no option to delete my account. I have tried contacting Spotify and so far no response.

• Visitor
  • I can't find any options  to cancel my free trial before the trial ends. This is ridiculous. There is also no option to delete my account. I have tried contacting Spotify and so far no response....
  • arzhie18
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlist not available

Hey,i recently upgrated to premium to listen to spotify while im traveling the following months. I just use spotify on my android phone.I downloaded about 700 songs. At first all worked nicely. Im in italy now without good wifi connection so i need t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, i recently upgrated to premium to listen to spotify while im traveling the following months. I just use spotify on my android phone. I downloaded about 700 songs. At first all worked nicely....
  • Tanya-velasquez
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming to chromecast freezes after advertisement

I frequently stream music to chromecast with little or no issue. Lately after an add (usually add for wendy's), no music will follow. Add gets stuck and shows itself as repeating without any audio. I have to a total reboot on both tablet and chromeca...

• Regular
  • I frequently stream music to chromecast with little or no issue.  Lately after an add (usually add for wendy's), no music will follow.  Add gets stuck and shows itself as repeating without ...
  • onemstchange
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • freezes
    streeming
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Daily Mix Not Updating Set of Artists

For the last past months, I have changed my list of artists and genre of music and my Daily Mix seem not getting caught up with it. How could I change a certain daily mix with a new set of suggested artists? I have played Alex Clare and related artis...

• Casual Listener
  • For the last past months, I have changed my list of artists and genre of music and my Daily Mix seem not getting caught up with it. How could I change a certain daily mix with a new set of suggested ...
  • kpdmusic
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Random Device Switching During Playback

This doesn't happen very often, but I've had this happen about 5 times now over the last couple of months. I'll be listening to Spotify on my desktop or my surface and then it will just switch to my phone and start playing from there as if I had told...

• Visitor
  • This doesn't happen very often, but I've had this happen about 5 times now over the last couple of months.  I'll be listening to Spotify on my desktop or my surface and then it will just switch ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 11 likes

Self Service | Device Management

Ok so I have gone though and made a playlist of about 350 songs. I have downloaded them and can listen offline for about 2 days. Then when I open my list again I have to download the whole playlist again. Please help!

• Ok so I have gone though and made a playlist of about 350 songs. I have downloaded them and can listen offline for about 2 days. Then when I open my list again I have to download the whole playlist a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Different Songs

Does anyone know why my girlfriend and I would have different songs and albums showing up in our Spotify? We have the exact same phone (Galaxy S5) and we are on the same Spotify version... 99% of the songs are here so it's not the biggest deal it jus...

• Casual Listener
  • Does anyone know why my girlfriend and I would have different songs and albums showing up in our Spotify? We have the exact same phone (Galaxy S5) and we are on the same Spotify version... 99% of the...
  • feelikeastrangr
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Now need to go online in 12 hours?

So I'm about to have a trip to a place where access to spotify server will be limited, when I was trying the offline mode I discovered that I now only have 12 hours before I need to go online. Couldn't even make it through the flight.. I have tg ree ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I'm about to have a trip to a place where access to spotify server will be limited, when I was trying the offline mode I discovered that I now only have 12 hours before I need to go online. Couldn...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Offline Access
    Offline availability
    Premium
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

EQ disappear

I have a One plus 3 (also use Sony MDR-XB950BT) and at the beginning I used to have an EQ option in the Spotify settings but now is gone. What happened?

• Visitor
  • I have a One plus 3 (also use Sony MDR-XB950BT) and at the beginning I used to have an EQ option in the Spotify settings but now is gone. What happened?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution problem with seeing which song is playing

how do i get to see which song is playing when the phone is turned off on samsung galaxy s5 neo

• how do i get to see which song is playing when the phone is turned off on samsung galaxy s5 neo  
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No funcionan la función de letras Android

Tengo una tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 y no me funciona la función de letras, tengo la última versión de Spotify y no va. A mi hermano sí. ¿Qué puedo hacer?

• Tengo una tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 y no me funciona la función de letras, tengo la última versión de Spotify y no va. A mi hermano sí. ¿Qué puedo hacer?
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes