Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How can i switch of the playlidt radio when a playlist is ended

Always when a playlist is finished a playlist radio is started at the end of the playlist...But this includws always not downloaded songs so that my mobile traffic which is realy expensive is used...How can i switch of this?

• Regular
  • Always when a playlist is finished a playlist radio is started at the end of the playlist... But this includws always not downloaded songs so that my mobile traffic which is realy expensive is used....
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Reconnecting to Google Home - Volume Issues

When I leave my apartment then come back my phone connects back to my Google home perfectly and I can play music but the volume change function is broken. It always shows max volume even when that is not the case.Going to the Google Home unit and man...

• Music Fan
  • When I leave my apartment then come back my phone connects back to my Google home perfectly and I can play music but the volume change function is broken. It always shows max volume even when that is...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Family Premium

I just upgraded from the premium plan to the family premium plans and I'm not sure why if two of us are playing music at the same time the music keeps pausing. I thought the point of getting the family plan was , so we can play our music at the same ...

• Casual Listener
  • I just upgraded from the premium plan to the family premium plans and I'm not sure why if two of us are playing music at the same time the music keeps pausing. I thought the point of getting the fami...
  • Cplante-cr
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problems with Chromecast Audio and Android

Hi! I'm using the new Chromecast Audio wth two Andoid smartphones and an Android tablet. There is no problem to play an album or a playlist BUT if I want to skip a song or choose a new song from same or other playlist the music stopped. It is not pos...

• Visitor
  • Hi!   I'm using the new Chromecast Audio wth two Andoid smartphones and an Android tablet. There is no problem to play an album or a playlist BUT if I want to skip a song or choose a new song ...
  • taormania
  • Casual Listener
  • 21 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 5 likes

lost all my music

I just got a new phone Samsung A5 they transferred my data went to open Spotify App had to log in, so I did and all my playlists are gone. I tried the log in with ID and password when I uninstalled the app and reinstalled, it wanted credit card ect, ...

• I just got a new phone Samsung A5 they transferred my data went to open Spotify App had to log in, so I did and all my playlists are gone. I tried the log in with ID and password when I uninstalled t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not recognised by Android Auto

Just installed Android Auto and Spotify is not appearing only Google Play and Amazon music. I read in these forums that it can be solved by reinstalling Spotify however I am unable to reinstall Spotify. It offers me the choice to Disable / Enable ins...

• Regular
  • Just installed Android Auto and Spotify is not appearing only Google Play and Amazon music. I read in these forums that it can be solved by reinstalling Spotify however I am unable to reinstall Spoti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Premium Account - Download failure

All of the sudden all my downloads are gone. If I redownload them, they stay downloaded but once I lock my phone they are gone. And it is not that I haven't enough storage because I have stil 15GB of storage that's free. Can someone help me?

• All of the sudden all my downloads are gone. If I redownload them, they stay downloaded but once I lock my phone they are gone. And it is not that I haven't enough storage because I have stil 15GB of...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't change order of songs in playlist

There must be something I'm missing. For the past 20 minutes I've been trying everything to just change the order of the songs in a playlist I've created. I long hold a song and a screen pops up without an option to move the song in any direction. I ...

• There must be something I'm missing. For the past 20 minutes I've been trying everything to just change the order of the songs in a playlist I've created. I long hold a song and a screen pops up with...
  • celeste7
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot reorder tracks in playlist

How do you reorder tracks in a spotify playlist? I've read other threads but I have no "Edit" option, no way to filter columns, etc as mentioned in those threads. This is a VERY basic funtionality and I want it. Thanks

• Regular
  • How do you reorder tracks in a spotify playlist?   I've read other threads but I have no "Edit" option, no way to filter columns, etc as mentioned in those threads.   This is a VERY bas...
  • Borowscy
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Unplayable Songs

I'm pretty upset right now. I'm a Premium user but there are certain songs that I am still unable to play to. I've read some forums & followed the solutions but it didn't seemed to work for me i.e clean reinstallation on Android. I can't do that on m...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm pretty upset right now. I'm a Premium user but there are certain songs that I am still unable to play to. I've read some forums & followed the solutions but it didn't seemed to work for me i....
  • fncat
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Prevent Sleep Mode and Settings

Hi all, Two quick questions. I'm using Spotify radio on mobile and it gets frustrating that my phone goes into sleep mode when Spotify is playing. I'd like to find a way to prevent this so I hoped to find a setting. Which brings up another point -- t...

• Hi all,   Two quick questions.  I'm using Spotify radio on mobile and it gets frustrating that my phone goes into sleep mode when Spotify is playing.  I'd like to find a way to pre...
  • Kulmandu
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Nougat problems

Hello world! Spotifys Album Art on the lockscreen dont work *like the googleMusic one*There is just a little buggy Title widgets. Im using a Huawei p9 with Nougat on it *newest version* EVA-L09C432B383

• Regular
  • Hello world!  Spotifys Album Art on the lockscreen dont work *like the googleMusic one* There is just a little buggy Title widgets.     Im using a Huawei p9 with Nougat on it *new...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sick of Spotify redownloading songs I already have downloaded!

Hi all. This is an issue that seems to be happening/happened to a lot of people. Most times, I don't realise it hasn't downloaded my songs until i'm away from home. I can't use mobile data as I don't have much. If Spotify doesn't fix this issue by th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all. This is an issue that seems to be happening/happened to a lot of people. Most times, I don't realise it hasn't downloaded my songs until i'm away from home. I can't use mobile data as I don't...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is Spotify trying to log into an old iphone?

I have an android but anytime I'm listening via the Spotify app it tries to log into 'iPhone'. I no longer have an iPhone. It stops playing continuously and gives me an error message (see attachment).I have changed from fb login to setting a Spotify ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an android but anytime I'm listening via the Spotify app it tries to log into 'iPhone'. I no longer have an iPhone. It stops playing continuously and gives me an error message (see attachment)...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify crashes when chosing a playlist in a folder. This is only happening on my android tablet

This is Only happening on my Android tablet and not on my Android phone...and it has Always worked before

• Casual Listener
  • This is Only happening on my Android tablet and not on my Android phone...and it has Always worked before
  • KentSvensson
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify crashes when opening playlist in a folder

Hi, the Spotify app crashes on my Android device when I try to open a playlist within a folder. The folder was created with the windows desktop app (1.0.52.725.g943b26a8). This issue accured since the last update of the Android app (I guess). Already...

• Hi,   the Spotify app crashes on my Android device when I try to open a playlist within a folder. The folder was created with the windows desktop app (1.0.52.725.g943b26a8).   This issu...
  • rocnbol
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes

Ruined remote control

You ruined the remote control option by requiring a WiFi connection. Please change it back so my phone can control my tablet that's on it's own network. I need it's functionality for my job and you messed it all up.

• Casual Listener
  • You ruined the remote control option by requiring a WiFi connection. Please change it back so my phone can control my tablet that's on it's own network. I need it's functionality for my job and you m...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Mis hijos no se pueden conectar a la cuenta familiar

Ponemos misma direccion y no entran mis hijos a la cuenta familiar

• Ponemos misma direccion y no entran mis hijos a la cuenta familiar
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music pausing

So iv read through a fair few of the questions related to my problem but still haven't seen a solunion? I'm. On samsung galaxy s6 and have premium yet my music seems to just stop 30 seconds into a song, and it says the song is still playing via the c...

• So iv read through a fair few of the questions related to my problem but still haven't seen a solunion? I'm. On samsung galaxy s6 and have premium yet my music seems to just stop 30 seconds into a so...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes