Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Casual Listener
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists Broken

I created a playlist like I usually do, this one for my favourites of a band I like called, Amaranthe, and added about 32 songs. But when I go to my playlists, the new one I just created is titled as "Loading..." and says it has zero songs in the pla...

• Casual Listener
  • I created a playlist like I usually do, this one for my favourites of a band I like called, Amaranthe, and added about 32 songs. But when I go to my playlists, the new one I just created is titled as...
  • moricien
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

cannot shuffle play my playlist

When I click shuffle play my playlist in the phone app, only one artist's songs are played. I have tried reinstalling the app for over 5 times and cleaning all chiche, but it totally doesn't work. However, such problem does not appear on the computer...

• When I click shuffle play my playlist in the phone app, only one artist's songs are played. I have tried reinstalling the app for over 5 times and cleaning all chiche, but it totally doesn't work. Ho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Self Service | Device Management

How can I get a device that I don't have off my account

• How can I get a device that I don't have off my account
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

a lot of extra memory

hey guys, loVe the app. On my phone i got it and a couple of months ago it started taking more memory then normal. Since then it takes about 4GB witHout eaven having a downloaded playlist. Deleted the cash and nothing, reinstalled the app and still n...

• Music Fan
  • hey guys, loVe the app. On my phone i got it and a couple of months ago it started taking more memory then normal. Since then it takes about 4GB witHout eaven having a downloaded playlist. Deleted th...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! unable to play purchased Taylor swift music

I purchased Taylor Swift music via iTunes and transfered the music to Spotify but I can't play any of her songs. They are present in the iTunes playlist but I can't download or play. Does this have anything to do with her pulling her music? I am runn...

• Casual Listener
  • I purchased Taylor Swift music via iTunes and transfered the music to Spotify but I can't play any of her songs. They are present in the iTunes playlist but I can't download or play. Does this have a...
  • foxintheglen
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes

No sound producing when my phone is in optimize status which is recommended.

After updating my phone to nougat software i always experience the issue that theres no sound coming out to my phone. My phone performance is in optimize(recommended) but i select the high performance the music plays however it drains a lot of my bat...

• Visitor
  • After updating my phone to nougat software i always experience the issue that theres no sound coming out to my phone. My phone performance is in optimize(recommended) but i select the high performanc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Pausing

I am on a galaxy s5. Every time I use Spotify, the music pauses after every song if the phone is locked. But as soon as I get on it and pull Spotify up it resumes itself. I keep the app running just like I did with my old phone and never had trouble ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am on a galaxy s5. Every time I use Spotify, the music pauses after every song if the phone is locked. But as soon as I get on it and pull Spotify up it resumes itself. I keep the app running just ...
  • kdt123
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Random distortion / strange noises during playback

Hey, I am a premium user and I am having few playlists saved offline on my Nexus 4. My problem is that during the playback there is some kind of distortion / random noises / kinda scratch sounds over the tracks. I already had the data and app removed...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,   I am a premium user and I am having few playlists saved offline on my Nexus 4.   My problem is that during the playback there is some kind of distortion / random noises / kin...
  • andrescm90
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't download spotify

I can't download spotify on my android phone even though i live in a country where it should be allowed

• I can't download spotify on my android phone even though i live in a country where it should be allowed
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution As musicas que baixei foram desconfiguradas e agora tenho que baixar novamente ou ouvir online

Sou usuária do Plano Familiar, após atualização do aplicativo todas as musicas que eu já havia baixado não estão mais, tenho que ouvir online ou baixar tudo novamente. Também aconteceu com outro membro do plano

• Sou usuária do Plano Familiar, após atualização do aplicativo todas as musicas que eu já havia baixado não estão mais, tenho que ouvir online ou baixar tudo novamente. Também aconteceu com outro memb...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New update 8.3.0.681 arm V7

This new update took away my library and all my playlists. How do i get them back?

• This new update took away my library and all my playlists. How do i get them back?
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Infinite Verizon ad

I'm on my note 5 and after only a couple songs a empty Verizon ad plays and it's stuck there until I reinstall the app

• I'm on my note 5 and after only a couple songs a empty Verizon ad plays and it's stuck there until I reinstall the app
  • Angryuser6
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Visualizer

Hi! I'm new here. Hope I ask in the right forum. I wonder why no visualizer app don't work with Spotify? Have tried most of the apps on Google play and have only found a live wallpaper that party works. The favorit app I like most is "Audio Glow Musi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!  I'm new here. Hope I ask in the right forum.  I wonder why no visualizer app don't work with Spotify? Have tried most of the apps on Google play and have only found a live wallpaper ...
  • Dano-
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify Premium on Kindle Fire issues

I have a Spotify premium account and have app installed on my iPad and iPhone. My daughter has a Kindle Fire which I recently installed the app on. I have logged in to my account on it but it can't find my playlists and saved music. Anyone know why o...

• Visitor
  • I have a Spotify premium account and have app installed on my iPad and iPhone. My daughter has a Kindle Fire which I recently installed the app on. I have logged in to my account on it but it can't f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop adding garbage to my "up next"

Android user. I understand the 'queue', which gets filled with things I didn't ask for. And I have to select each and every tune and 'remove' it. That's a giant nuisance that should be fixed. WORSE : tunes get added to 'next from...', and I CANNOT se...

• Regular
  • Android user. I understand the 'queue', which gets filled with things I didn't ask for. And I have to select each and every tune and 'remove' it. That's a giant nuisance that should be fixed.  ...
  • davidgilling
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Last.fm login error notification... with last.fm disabled!

Another one to add to the endless list of bugs that have recently popped up with Spotify.I've been getting a last.fm login error notification for weeks now. It's always there, if I dismiss it, it instantly reappears. Before this issue started, I had ...

• Regular
  • Another one to add to the endless list of bugs that have recently popped up with Spotify. I've been getting a last.fm login error notification for weeks now. It's always there, if I dismiss it, it i...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Phone randomly starts to play music

Hey guys, Lately my mobile is randomly playing music while I did not touch my phone at all. My account is not shared with others, but I do have spotify on my laptop. But during the times those issues occured, I did not touch my spotify application at...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys,   Lately my mobile is randomly playing music while I did not touch my phone at all. My account is not shared with others, but I do have spotify on my laptop. But during the times tho...
  • sundae1
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

A way to reorganize playlists.

I can reorganize my playlists and starred songs alphabetically on the desktop version of spotify, making it significantly easier to find a song, yet unable to do the same thing for the mobile versions of spotify. Just a little nitpick, but one that I...

• I can reorganize my playlists and starred songs alphabetically on the desktop version of spotify, making it significantly easier to find a song, yet unable to do the same thing for the mobile version...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Not updated properly

The app just updated and I loved it for the hour I actually had it, then it went back to the old version. After logging out and uninstalling multiple times I got it back but again for only a little bit; I still have the old version, and my sister als...

• The app just updated and I loved it for the hour I actually had it, then it went back to the old version. After logging out and uninstalling multiple times I got it back but again for only a little b...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

SD card

Spotify dont let me put it on my 52 GB SD cards....when i go to the option the button i cant click on it....

• Visitor
  • Spotify dont let me put it on my 52 GB SD cards....when i go to the option the button i cant click on it....
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes